Want use the Router as a wifi or wireless card HElp

salam All,

gyz, i have dsl wireless/wi-fi modem An1020-25 its spare can i use it as a wireless card or as a wifi. someone suggest me a software ddwrt it convert the router into wireless card but i could't do it.how cn i covert router into wireless adapter ? someone can guide me how to do it ?

is it possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

usman

[quote=“us0343, post:, topic:”]

salam All,

gyz, i have dsl wireless/wi-fi modem An1020-25 its spare can i use it as a wireless card or as a wifi. someone suggest me a software ddwrt it convert the router into wireless card but i could’t do it.how cn i covert router into wireless adapter ? someone can guide me how to do it ?

is it possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

usman

[/quote]

Yes you can use it with your another dsl modem .default lan subnet of ptcl modems have 192.168.1.0/24.

Steps required for wifi card:

1. go to your wifi modem page 192.168.1.1 then username=admin pass=admin or whatever you set.

2.then disable the DHCP server in wifi modem.

3.Go to lan setting then change its lan ip to 192.168.1.3 .

4.Now use an ethernet cable connected with lan port of dsl modem connect another end with lan port of wifi modem.

5.Now connect the telephone rj11 wire to only dsl modem(without wifi) only .

6.connect your laptop or wifi dongle with wifi modem by searching .

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yes you can use it with your another dsl modem .default lan subnet of ptcl modems have 192.168.1.0/24.

Steps required for wifi card:

1. go to your wifi modem page 192.168.1.1 then username=admin pass=admin or whatever you set.

2.then disable the DHCP server in wifi modem.

3.Go to lan setting then change its lan ip to 192.168.1.3 .

4.Now use an ethernet cable connected with lan port of dsl modem connect another end with lan port of wifi modem.

5.Now connect the telephone rj11 wire to only dsl modem(without wifi) only .

6.connect your laptop or wifi dongle with wifi modem by searching .

[/quote]

well, thanks A lot jammes you are the only one who gives a solution i don’t receive any solution from other forums yet.its sounds really good but,still the problem is, i have no an other Dsl modem :( Actually,i want to use the spare router(wireless modem) as a wireless card or like wifi function. in other way i want to convert that modem in a wireless card thorough which i can trace other router and also can connect to internet like wifi in cell fone or in a laptop.For Example,like we buy a wireless card from market and connect that with our pc usb port and then we receive internet signals and can use that like wifi. is it possible ? :D

Best Regards

usman

[quote=“us0343, post:3, topic:15611”]

well, thanks A lot jammes you are the only one who gives a solution i don’t receive any solution from other forums yet.its sounds really good but,still the problem is, i have no an other Dsl modem :( Actually,i want to use the spare router(wireless modem) as a wireless card or like wifi function. in other way i want to convert that modem in a wireless card thorough which i can trace other router and also can connect to internet like wifi in cell fone or in a laptop.For Example,like we buy a wireless card from market and connect that with our pc usb port and then we receive internet signals and can use that like wifi. is it possible ? :D

Best Regards

usman

[/quote]

No with ptcl firmware router it is not possible but in routers like tplink or tenda there is a function of wireless bridgein it. By using that function you can bridge your wifi modem to nearby any wifi router for the internet if that is unprotected (with out wep or wpa…etc).

U CAN! EASILY!

just confirm me the items you have with model numbers!

@james... sorry for hopin in ur conversation!

No with ptcl firmware router it is not possible but in routers like tplink or tenda there is a function of wireless bridgein it. By using that function you can bridge your wifi modem to nearby any wifi router for the internet if that is unprotected (with out wep or wpa…etc)
[/quote]

hmmm nope im using an other wireless device of company wi-tribe that is slow then dsl.That modem is spare that’s why i want to use it as wireless card.

By the way,last time i was trying to configure the router for wireless network by my self but its not work.there wireless options are in router: wireless,wireless basic,security,mac filter and station info wireless bridge connection also there but i don’t know how to configure that?. and one thing w.lan light on the modem is always green when im open the wlan from ruoter even modem is not connected to ptcl wire/service .

thanks for help jammes :)

U CAN! EASILY!

just confirm me the items you have with model numbers!

@james… sorry for hopin in ur conversation!

[/quote]

should i tells you my modem functions and model numbers ?

Ya !

Giving general Idea This is how u would go about it

Ph. Line--->(PTCL DSL Modem) --------> Witribe Wirless modem ----))))) Any WLAN device

_______RJ-11_________________ RJ-45 ______________________ Wireless

Ip addresses:192.168.1.1 ____________ 192.168.1.100 ______________ Dynamic IP

Turn on DHCP on PTCl Modem Only.

Enable NAT.

Ya !

Giving general Idea This is how u would go about it

Ph. Line—>(PTCL DSL Modem) --------> Witribe Wirless modem ----))))) Any WLAN device

RJ-11__________ RJ-45 ______________________ Wireless

Ip addresses:192.168.1.1 ____________ 192.168.1.100 ______________ Dynamic IP

Turn on DHCP on PTCl Modem Only.

Enable NAT.

[/quote] Modem is : An1020-25 and when i enable the NAT wireless become off.by the way what will happen if i configured the NAT ?

First phase::

1.First connect your pc or laptop with a wire to the lan port of ptcl modem.

2.now chek if internet is working fine.then open browser and write 192.168.1.1 in the address bar then username=admin paswd=admin or whatever u set.

3.Go to left side menu To The advanced setup then in LAN chek whether your dhcp is enable or not .if enable then write as start ip=192.168.1.2 end ip=192.168.1.254. then go nat option chek it enable or not if not then enable it.

4.now disconect the wire from ptcl modem . connect wire from lan port of witribe device.

Go to control panel then metwork and internet connection then double click on local area netwk then click on support at top and then click details then chek if you are getting ip from same subnet i.e of ptcl modem 192.168.1.x or not if not then just not the gateway of this device and place it in your browser .by default it should be 192.168.15.1.then write password wimax or witribe or whatever u set.

5.then go to Lan setting type option then please change its lan ip=to 192.168.1.4 subnet mask=255.255.255.0 then

6.now go to Dhcp option of the device and just disable it .

Second phase :

1. Now please turn on ptcl DSL modem . now take a patch cable rj-45 if u have otherwise buy it .it is easily available from computer accessories shop .Then connect it from lan port of ptcl modem to witribe device lan port.

2.Now turn on ur laptop and search wireless connection . Now u will find ur witribe device connect it and ur internet will work

thats all!!!!!!!!!

First phase::

1.First connect your pc or laptop with a wire to the lan port of ptcl modem.

2.now chek if internet is working fine.then open browser and write 192.168.1.1 in the address bar then username=admin paswd=admin or whatever u set.

3.Go to left side menu To The advanced setup then in LAN chek whether your dhcp is enable or not .if enable then write as start ip=192.168.1.2 end ip=192.168.1.254. then go nat option chek it enable or not if not then enable it.

4.now disconect the wire from ptcl modem . connect wire from lan port of witribe device.

Go to control panel then metwork and internet connection then double click on local area netwk then click on support at top and then click details then chek if you are getting ip from same subnet i.e of ptcl modem 192.168.1.x or not if not then just not the gateway of this device and place it in your browser .by default it should be 192.168.15.1.then write password wimax or witribe or whatever u set.

5.then go to Lan setting type option then please change its lan ip=to 192.168.1.4 subnet mask=255.255.255.0 then

6.now go to Dhcp option of the device and just disable it .

Second phase :

1. Now please turn on ptcl DSL modem . now take a patch cable rj-45 if u have otherwise buy it .it is easily available from computer accessories shop .Then connect it from lan port of ptcl modem to witribe device lan port.

2.Now turn on ur laptop and search wireless connection . Now u will find ur witribe device connect it and ur internet will work

thats all!!!

[/quote]

its done.

its done.

hope its working :) Gr8

AN 1020-25 and witribe both have built in wireless options, what the benefit using two wireless modems..he can use just one as for wifi connectivity.

or i am getting it wrong.