Want to run monitor and LED tv , plz suggest

Assalam o alaikum wa rehmat ULLAH .

want to ask from experts in gaming / hardware that i want to run games on my PC and from there i m planning to attach a HDMI cable to LED TV (not monitor) This is simple i know , i need to install a graphics card for that which has HDMI output and thats it , BUT the panga is that i want to run my desktop monitor too (which has VGA plus digital input too) but there is no HDMI input in my monitor (samsung 20 inches LCD) so can i b able to run both displays on the same time on independent resolutions ? or i need to run only one display at a time ? Plz note i dont want to attach a VGA cable to my LED tv bcz the distance is about 12 feet to 14 feet from the desktop to :LED tv . and i have already experienced the same and the signal quality was not good using a long VGA cable to HDMI is a better choice and my HDMI cable is already 15 to 16 feet long attached with the bluray player and working fine .

keeping in mind the requirement please suggest any normal card for this as i dont need to play heavy games etc as i m not a gaming guy :)

jazak ALLAH for your advice n time

Nadeem Ahmed

You can run both displays at the same time. Connect the TV via HDMI and the LCD via DVI. Setup configuration. Done.

As for recommendation, get any new HDMI card with at least one DVI port. E.g. AMD R5 230, Nvidia GT730.

You can also go for a more powerful used card, but i won't recommend that unless you're familiar with cards and know how to test them properly before buying.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:2, topic:22188”]

You can run both displays at the same time. Connect the TV via HDMI and the LCD via DVI. Setup configuration. Done.

As for recommendation, get any new HDMI card with at least one DVI port. E.g. AMD R5 230, Nvidia GT730.

You can also go for a more powerful used card, but i won’t recommend that unless you’re familiar with cards and know how to test them properly before buying.

[/quote]

jazak ALLAH .

plz would u be kind enough , what you say about this 1 GB card which is not much expensive as well as low in power consumption .

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/2101GD3L/specifications/

Price is just 3500

is it ok to buy n play normal games , as well as take the out put both on monitor as well as on LED tv ?

^ I see that your budget is very low. Well in that case i recommend HD5450 over GT210. It has slightly better performance, supports DX11 & costs the same (3500).

http://www.czone.com.pk/graphic-cards-amd-radeon-asus-radeon-hd-5450-eah5450-silent-di-1gd3lp-1gb-64-bit-ddr3-pci-express-2.1-x16-hdcp-ready-low-profile-ready-video-card-pakistan-p.828.aspx

With it you can expect to play old games like GTA vice city, san andreas smoothly. Newer low graphic games from Telltale games & similar will work well too.

And yes you can plug it on both LCD & TV.

Buget is too low.. increase your buget to around 6k atleast... then ask for further recommendations..

your best option is to find a used card in 5k range which would be new around 8k.. so you will get a better bang for buck that way..

[quote=“Upsilon, post:4, topic:22188”]

^ I see that your budget is very low. Well in that case i recommend HD5450 over GT210. It has slightly better performance, supports DX11 & costs the same (3500).

http://www.czone.com.pk/graphic-cards-amd-radeon-asus-radeon-hd-5450-eah5450-silent-di-1gd3lp-1gb-64-bit-ddr3-pci-express-2.1-x16-hdcp-ready-low-profile-ready-video-card-pakistan-p.828.aspx

With it you can expect to play old games like GTA vice city, san andreas smoothly. Newer low graphic games from Telltale games & similar will work well too.

And yes you can plug it on both LCD & TV.

[/quote]

jazak ALLAH for the advice . and this budget is not “MY” budget actually :) ALHAMDOLILLAH .

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:5, topic:22188”]

Buget is too low… increase your buget to around 6k atleast… then ask for further recommendations…

your best option is to find a used card in 5k range which would be new around 8k… so you will get a better bang for buck that way…

[/quote]

yes i know the bu"D"get is too Low for the graphics card :) but what if some one needs in Less than 5K :) and wiling to invest 50K only on processor / motherboard .

So every one asks as per his / her own choice / preferences .

any how , jazak ALLAH for your advice too Brother .

the advice was the last line.. not the 1st line..

a new card costing 8k could be purchased in used from some one costing less than 5k.. giving you double the return on your purchase and performance.

jazak ALLAH for the last line :)