Want to know power consumption of PC components

I need to know maximum and normal power consumption of each of these individual PC components.

Intel 945GCPE motherboard

Intel Dual Core 1.8GHz E2160

Seagate 320 GB SATA Hard Disk

Sony 820DRU DVD-RW

Sony 21inch Flat CRT Monitor (Fullscreen)

A4Tech HD800 Headphone

LAN Card

Kingsten 667 MHz 1GB DDR2

Kingsten 667 MHz 512MB DDR2

Power supply i use is "Mercury 300W Power Supply".

Other questions that i have are:

1)If UPS(local wet battery) runs out of energy (and decreases output voltage) can my system be damaged (or will Mercury power supply stop energy supply to PC)?

u can visit asus website and look around in the support section. They have a good power calculator based on your pc components.

if psu regulates power to ur pc components within a voltage range then it should be ok within that range otherwise things might start going bad. dont take no chances thought. irregular voltages do damage.

thanks, my PC uses only 161 W, much lower than i expected

Very useful link for your query ............

http://extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

’]thanks, my PC uses only 161 W, much lower than i expected
[/quote]

might sound like a dumb question but should your pc’s power consumption not be 300W because you are using 300watt power supply? or does the power supply consumes power according to type of hardware installed?

either count the wattage of every device pluged in or get an amp meter and place it efore the PC to count the ampehers.... then usin POWER = VOLTAGE * CURRENT * TIME and get the watts.

like for instance if my installed hardware is running fine on 250 watt powersupply and i upgrade to 500 watt power supply without changing any other hardware then won’t my electricity bill increase as now powersupply would be consuming 500 watts?

[/quote]

i think power supplies consume as much electricity as your computer peripherals means if all your computer components use 250 watts altogether then it will consume 250 watts, the rated watts of power supplies are to give you an idea that how much maximum load it can handle

either count the wattage of every device pluged in or get an amp meter and place it efore the PC to count the ampehers… then usin POWER = VOLTAGE * CURRENT * TIME and get the watts.
[/quote]

correction:

POWER = VOLTAGE * CURRENT

Power = Voltage (V) x Current (A) = VA = Watt

Energy = Power (KiloWatt) x Time (Hr) ( = Voltage x Current x Time) = KWh.

139 Watt (need of my PC) :D