Want to know more about PTCL DSL

Hi,and aslamu alikum to all...i only registered here so i can ask and confirm about the ptcl dsl connection, i am currently using linkdotnet, been using it since 3 years now, but here is the problem, since 5-6 months they have gone from bad to worse and they also giving me hell time with the speed and the billing, i pay them at the bank and i always do that and i always pay before the due date and in time and never delayed to pay my bill but since 4 months now even after i pay..their billing page keeps opening non stop and despite of my so many calls and all the explanations nothing goes through their ears to their brains, it's like im talking to dead brainless zombies or something...so after getting sick and tired of all this situation i am now seriously thinking to switch to ptcl dsl...but i don't know if it's any good or not, because i don't expect anything good in this country from seeing how things are everyday...can anyone here please enlighten me about how much ptcl is good and about their 2mb and 4mb packages?? because i want to get one of those...thank you in advance ^^

Ptcl is kind of bumpy service some times okay and some times its not

No one can convince you about PTCL its totally unpredictable :lol:

no costumer service system you always has to put some Chai Pani in your lineman mouth to fix your problems

torrent downloads faster but browser remains always slow

Once in month your line must go off by lineman for some more extra chai pani

[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:15005”]

Ptcl is kind of bumpy service some times okay and some times its not

No one can convince you about PTCL its totally unpredictable :lol:

no costumer service system you always has to put some Chai Pani in your lineman mouth to fix your problems

torrent downloads faster but browser remains always slow

Once in month your line must go off by lineman for some more extra chai pani

[/quote]

that sounds even more scary :o

are you sure about what you said???

is it like this for everyone or only for some?? because i know any connection is different with every user, for some it’s very good and for some bad…even i seen so many people complain about linkdotnet but it was very good for me in the past.

still need more info…please anyone who can tell more kindly do so…i’m really stuck here and need a way out and ptcl is the only other option after linkdotnet.

[quote=“Nameless, post:3, topic:15005”]

that sounds even more scary :o

are you sure about what you said???

[/quote]

Ptcl Costumer

[quote=“armada, post:4, topic:15005”]

Ptcl Costumer

[/quote]

It also depends on the city and the area you live in…don’t know where you are from but i’m in Lahore…so i should ask this again…in Lahore is ptcl works good or not??? because i seen so many satisfied ptcl customers plus ptcl have more packages than linkdotnet and low prices too…ptcl’s 4mb package is 1999Rs when linkdotnet’s 4mb is 3750Rs wow talk about the difference…so if i get 4mb ptcl dsl will i get 4mb speed or i will get less speed than 4mb???

i don’t want to get ripped and pay for 4mb to get only 2 or 1mb speed…please anyone who can provide more detail will be much appreciated.

[quote=“Nameless, post:5, topic:15005”]

It also depends on the city and the area you live in…don’t know where you are from but i’m in Lahore…so i should ask this again…in Lahore is ptcl works good or not??? because i seen so many satisfied ptcl customers plus ptcl have more packages than linkdotnet and low prices too…ptcl’s 4mb package is 1999Rs when linkdotnet’s 4mb is 3750Rs wow talk about the difference…so if i get 4mb ptcl dsl will i get 4mb speed or i will get less speed than 4mb???

i don’t want to get ripped and pay for 4mb to get only 2 or 1mb speed…please anyone who can provide more detail will be much appreciated.

[/quote]

I would say go for PTCL… for various reasons.

All the DSL providers is PK are using PTCL’s infrastructure for the provision of DSL internet.

PTCL is cheaper and have various packages.

If your line stats are good, you will get much better speeds then expected.

Last but not the least, even if you don’t pay the bill, you won’t getting annoying msgs from PTCL, they will simply disconnect your phone and internet services until you pay the bill… :)

So go for PTCL.

Except for occasional problems PTCL is satisfactory. Works good if your area lineman is cooperative. DSL staff usually sucks.

I had the exact same experience as Nameless. I had made payment of their bill at Meezan Bank and still i used to get payment reminder every now and then. Also the upload speeds were pathetic as i used to get only 4kb upload speed on a 1MB connection. I switched to PTCL around a couple of months ago and it has been satisfactory for the most part.

One juicy bit though, i got a call from LinkDotNet customer service a couple of days ago telling me if i want to come back to LinkDSL and that LinkDSL is now a part of Mobilink Infinity. I said I will let you know later on, but after that horrible experience i am never going back to them.

Edited: To correct some grammar mistakes. :)

Thank you for all your replies they are very helpful for me :)

Do i have to call LDN and ask them to disable my DSL before asking for PTCL DSL connection ???