Want to buy a tv tuner card - URGENT!

Please suggest something. The maximum amount I can pay is Rs. 1000. It should have A/V inputs. There is nothing else that I demand. No time shift features, no nothing. Second hand is also acceptable. But it should not degrade the picture quality. Must be reliable because I'm a student and I've collected these 1000 rupees with much difficulty and over some time. I would be doomed if the product doesn't work properly. I cant wait and collect more money as my need is urgent.

Please also suggest where should I look to buy new and second hand tv tuner cards in Islamabad.

Thanks

contact him but he is in karachi ! 1000/= his demand.

Conexant CX23883 10 bit broadcast decoder

Excellent TV/Capture PCI Tuner card

10 bits video decode, stereo audio.

720x576 high video resolution

TV/FM/Video Input

FM recording

Autoscan and freescan support

Video On Desktop

Low power consumption

VBI Teletext support

Easy to search and set TV channels memorized

Flick free technology with best components

Certification in Windows XP/ME/2000

masood

i want to sale TV TUNER CARD in reponsible price with recording,fm radio,remote control its new

please contact at ary_pana@yahoo.com

1200/=

this guy is in Islamabad

Try Alfa Digital 7130P Pci TV Tuner from galaxy @Rs.1,300

Thanks guys. Does anyone know how good is the Alfa Digital card? I mean how is the picture quality?

^ Here, check this out: http://alfadigital.com.tw/Products.aspx?Id=d&PId=50

I ended up buying a Dany T.View TV Tuner Card for Rs. 1300. Thank you everyone.

http://www.danytech.com/presentation/viewproduct.aspx?Product_Id=56

^ Could you give a review of the product. The software that came with it must have a screen shot option. Take it and show how good the quality is.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Could you give a review of the product. The software that came with it must have a screen shot option. Take it and show how good the quality is.
[/quote]

The quality is good. Here is a video that I recorded from it:

As you can see, the quality is good but its not as good as it could have been. The picture quality of PTCL Smart TV is way better than this on TV.

As you can see, the quality is good but its not as good as it could have been. The picture quality of PTCL Smart TV is way better than this on TV.

[/quote]

You seem to have more than 200 vids. Which card did you use before?

You seem to have more than 200 vids. Which card did you use before?

[/quote]

I didn’t use any card before this. All the videos that I have uploaded before buying this card have been picked up from different sources on and off the internet.

^From where did you buy it in Islamabad?

[/quote]

The quality of a clip depends more on the quality of the encoding then on the TV tuner card. I am assuming you converted the clip to flv before uploading it on youtube? What was the original format you recorded it in. If it was a divx/Xvid then the quality of the clip would depend on the encoding parameters used. Record a clip in mpeg2 and then check the quality.

Yaar but Dany Tech. is a crap company

I bought their Mp4 Player for rs4500 and after 3 months, it wont charge anymore, tried replacing the charger but still same prob.

^From where did you buy it in Islamabad?
[/quote]

Matrix Computers in Blue Area.

The quality of a clip depends more on the quality of the encoding then on the TV tuner card. I am assuming you converted the clip to flv before uploading it on youtube? What was the original format you recorded it in. If it was a divx/Xvid then the quality of the clip would depend on the encoding parameters used. Record a clip in mpeg2 and then check the quality.

[/quote]

The original recording was in MPEG2 format. I encoded it in x264 with mkv container before uploading to youtube.

Matrix Computers in Blue Area.

The original recording was in MPEG2 format. I encoded it in x264 with mkv container before uploading to youtube.

[/quote]

Right. So the quality of the tuner card’s recording should be judged by the quality of the mpeg2 clip, not the down converted x264. The H264 codec is a lossy codec and when it compresses the original mpeg clip it will compromise the quality depending on the level of compression.