Want to buy a new Hard Disk, which one is the best one?

I have 3 hard drives, 160GB, 40GB and 80GB. I want to make backup. Suggest me hard drive of 500 and 1000GB. Brand? Speed? Reliability? Performance? Warranty? Price? External or Internal? Any Suggestions?

there are 2 main hard drive brands available in the market, both have good and bad models

1.seagate (buy only 12 genertion hard drives)

2.western digital

now as to internal to external, it will depend on your usage. if you want to take data with you and you are on the move then a external hard drive is best. If you don't transfer data to another computer or from office to home etc then a internal hard drive is best.

Mostly hard drives come with 7200 rpms. but some 1000 gbs are available in 5900 rpms as well. obviuosly the higher the rpms the better the hd.

current market rates:

for internal hard drives:

http://www.galaxy.com.pk/hard-drive2.htm

for external hard drives:

http://www.galaxy.com.pk/hard-drive.htm

call the above up for warranty info

imo,u should go for seagate 1tb hdd,it is good,wd black is expensive

Check out this article on hard drives available in Pakistan. It'll answer most of your questions.

GO for Western Digital Caviar Black 500 GB, they are little bit expensive but They are reliable, performance is gr8 and came with 5 years warranty.

go for seagate bro , 1000gb , its the best HDs out there.

[quote=“rokra, post:4, topic:14707”]

Check out this article on hard drives available in Pakistan. It’ll answer most of your questions.

[/quote]

thank you so much rokra!!

[quote=“jack, post:2, topic:14707”]

there are 2 main hard drive brands available in the market, both have good and bad models

1.seagate (buy only 12 genertion hard drives)

2.western digital

now as to internal to external, it will depend on your usage. if you want to take data with you and you are on the move then a external hard drive is best. If you don’t transfer data to another computer or from office to home etc then a internal hard drive is best.

Mostly hard drives come with 7200 rpms. but some 1000 gbs are available in 5900 rpms as well. obviuosly the higher the rpms the better the hd.

current market rates:

for internal hard drives:

http://www.galaxy.com.pk/hard-drive2.htm

for external hard drives:

http://www.galaxy.com.pk/hard-drive.htm

call the above up for warranty info

[/quote]

thanks jack, but galaxy.com.pk is only good for general idea.

Madiha.Kazmi: thanks jack, but galaxy.com.pk is only good for general idea.

Suggest me hard drive of 500 and 1000GB, Brand? Speed? Warranty? Price? External or Internal? Any Suggestions?

that is exactly why i directed you to galaxy website. to give you a general idea of what is available in the market. by looking at the website you now know the brand and speed of external and intenal hd which are available in the market. Isnt that what you asked for in your first post????

you still have not told us if you are going for the internal or external hard disks??? and most importantly what is your budget??

Thanks all. I bought internal Western Digital 500GB Caviar BLUE, backed up my data. It has cost me Rs.3900/= with 3 years warranty.

[quote=“Madiha.Kazmi, post:10, topic:14707”]

Thanks all. I bought internal Western Digital 500GB Caviar BLUE, backed up my data. It has cost me Rs.3900/= with 3 years warranty.

[/quote]

I am a long term fan of Western Digital Hard drives, But this time Seagate Baracuda has beaten WD (Blue, Green, Black)

WD Blue & Green Drives have slow RPMs (5300), Caviar Black is good but it also does not beat seagate in benchmarks.

[quote=“makhan, post:11, topic:14707”]

I am a long term fan of Western Digital Hard drives, But this time Seagate Baracuda has beaten WD (Blue, Green, Black)

WD Blue & Green Drives have slow RPMs (5300), Caviar Black is good but it also does not beat seagate in benchmarks.

[/quote]

I like seagate too but what your saying is inaccurate (the bolded part only). Only wd green has slow RPM. Blue is a full fledged 7200RPM drive.

Anyway congrats to the op on his purchase.

I'm know I'm late (OP's already bought the drive), but I think an external drive is a better idea for backups -- even if it's a normal drive in an el cheapo USB enclosure. Ideally, you wouldn't store backed up data near your computer. I keep my home backup drives in a closet on the other side of the room (I should keep them in another room).

Well why not to buy the harddisks from the manufactures like Quantum, Maxtor etc....