Voting for a dedicated Software Engineers/Coder section at wiredpakistan

Pakistan has developed a booming IT Industry in all these years and the progress has been quite good.

Well there are many forums worldwide where programmers discuss and share there problems related to coding, logic and software development. I was wondering if there was any such forum dedicated to the Pakistani community of software developers. In my opinion, so far wiredpakistan is the best place to start such a thing as most Pakistani technologists converge here to discuss tech. I would request the admin here to please dedicate a section on this forum to our community and help the knowledge spread in the country.

Make a thread if you are so interested. A whole new sub section is not needed.

[quote=“hawker, post:2, topic:16401”]

Make a thread if you are so interested. A whole new sub section is not needed.

[/quote]

If you understand the depth of my post, you would have understood that the need is completely justified. A thread won’t work because the scope is too vast.

10 print "kamran1x1";

20 goto 10

Actually a programming/coding/web dev related section makes sense. It'd also attract new members who are into that kind of thing.

+1 for the idea.

copy/paste = boom in the 'it' industry in PK.

[quote=“Faisal, post:6, topic:16401”]

copy/paste = boom in the ‘it’ industry in PK.

[/quote]

Kindly vote as you go with the reply.

I would if the second choice 'logically' stated: No! Its pointless to make a separate section to share and discuss, already widely available ideas and related materiel instead of "No, we don't want to spread our programming knowledge to others!".

Like we invented programming.... <_<

Feel free to make a thread for your self if your encountering a problem in programming (for which googling it would be rather more beneficial to you) OR If you have done something really remarkable/never before seen stuff in programming (which again may not be as beneficial to you for its not wise to publish your unique intellectual property on a forum before patenting it unless your totally up for 'everything mine is unconditionally yours to use and benefit any way you want' :) )

Part of the community does share the interest. I have seen many web devs around here at least. If we can have an "Engineering Corner", we can very well have a programming section.

[quote="Faisal, post:6, topic:16401"]

copy/paste = boom in the 'it' industry in PK.

[/quote]

There are lots of script kiddies but there are very good devs around too. Stop stereotyping.

P.S. using existing libraries legally isn't copy/pasting. It's called not re-inventing the wheel.

[quote=“Asad_N, post:9, topic:16401”]

Part of the community does share the interest. I have seen many web devs around here at least. If we can have an “Engineering Corner”, we can very well have a programming section.

[/quote]

Then why not start sharing instead of asking for a section first? its not like the knowledge can’t be shared without a specific section…

There are lots of script kiddies but there are very good devs around too. Stop stereotyping.

[/quote]

I know one or two good ones myself and they are kind enough to admit themselves they are not good just out of thin air… I am just saying.

P.S. using existing libraries legally isn’t copy/pasting. It’s called not re-inventing the wheel.

[/quote]

… and you need special section for that? :lol:

[quote=“Faisal, post:6, topic:16401”]

copy/paste = boom in the ‘it’ industry in PK.

[/quote]

right to the point, totally agree with you!!!

why chinese/japs/korean etc can copy and make awesome hardware, but could never come out with anything original?

japs making ipod type mp3 players since early 90’s but never achieved mass success, they just couldn’t write right software which requires original idea and innovation which has only come out from USA 99% of time in terms of software…

same ways pakistanis of pakistan are not innovative people since there is no such culture exist locally, so forget about anything based on original idea coming out of here.

^true

Lets see more votes before finalizing the addition of a separate programming section.

The idea has merit but it needs dedicated members who can answer queries and share programming related info. Please make a thread along the lines of the Engineering corner voting thread. The poll options should be similar to give a realistic idea of how many actual members will be willing to help others with this.

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:11, topic:16401”]

why chinese/japs/korean etc can copy and make awesome hardware, but could never come out with anything original?

japs making ipod type mp3 players since early 90’s but never achieved mass success, they just couldn’t write right software which requires original idea and innovation which has only come out from USA 99% of time in terms of software…

same ways pakistanis of pakistan are not innovative people since there is no such culture exist locally, so forget about anything based on original idea coming out of here.

[/quote]

Well both of you are right to some extent, but saying that nothing can be expected from here is completely wrong.

I would like to give an example to justify this. Mindstorm studios is a Lahore base game development studio that released Cricket Revolution sometime back. The game was a huge success and only one of its kind to implement the best cricket physics and logic that a cricket lover can expect. It was far beyond the cricket games developed by EA sports (Brian Lara Cricket, etc.) and I think it was endorsed by ICC as the official game during the World Cup too. Check out these links for more information and be optimistic.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/440193.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_Revolution

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:11, topic:16401”]

[/quote]

Keep your banter to yourself. Innovative people from Pakistan are bought by Americans and other European countries to run their own industries. Number of Pakistanis are working in Microsoft, Intel, Symantec, etc. The list is long. Only American hospitals have hundreds of highly paid Pakistani surgeons. If Pakistanis can invent world’s first virus then they can also alter the future. The problem is rate of corruption in this country which is sky high. Mostly, brilliant Pakistanis search for the ways so that they could make more black money through illegal means.

Chinese, they are genius. Several times, they have hacked into top secret and most secured networks of America to leak their classified documents. Cyber war is still active between these two countries. There are hundreds of large and small companies which are purely Chinese i.e. owned by Chinese people. Wang, a Chinese scientist invented a generator in 2007 that totally runs with magnetic power which means law of conservation of energy is totally flopped here. Now, China is using his developed technology to produce electricity on Industrial scale. They were keeping it classified but now, it is leaked that China is producing cost free electricity through these magnetic generators.

^^^ bloggy of blogeristan, i am talking about pakistanis of pakistan meaning native pakistanis and not the paskistani descent who have left paikistan and are pakistani americans, pakisdtani britishers, pakistani candians and so on, how can you compare to day to day life of, for example average pakistani american with average native pakistani, their life is day and night apart.

one average pakistani american gets

- free kinder to 12th grade k12 world class free education.

- community colleges and state universties arealready subsidized and on top are almost free with financial aid and grants.

- private university agian with guaranteed federal loans and grants and scholarship could cost 1/3 the cost

- welfare protection from the government in case of job loss through un-employment benefits and food stamps.

- medical insurance through job and in case of job loss govt sponsored medical insurance.

- retirement benefits through social security.

- clean healthy food.

- electric/gas utilities without load shed

- fair and just legal system with full individual rights of citizen.

- freedom of religion.

- each county of the state got in average 15 to 20 towns and each town has its own library which can beat out library of your LUMS in lahore in terms of content and material.;

PLEASE TELL ME WHICH AVERAGE PAKISTANI GOT THIS ABOVE HECK I LIVE IN DEFENCE I DON'T EVEN GOT 2% OF WHAT AVERAGE PAKISTANI AMERICAN GOT. HOW CAN YOU COMPARE FOREIGN PAKISTANIS, THREAD IS FOR LOCAL PAKISTANIS OF PAKISTAN. CONCENTRATE ON THAT.

-

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:16, topic:16401”]

^^^ bloggy of blogeristan, i am talking about pakistanis of pakistan meaning native pakistanis and not the paskistani descent who have left paikistan and are pakistani americans, pakisdtani britishers, pakistani candians and so on, how can you compare to day to day life of, for example average pakistani american with average native pakistani, their life is day and night apart.

one average pakistani american gets

- free kinder to 12th grade k12 world class free education.

- community colleges and state universties arealready subsidized and on top are almost free with financial aid and grants.

- private university agian with guaranteed federal loans and grants and scholarship could cost 1/3 the cost

- welfare protection from the government in case of job loss through un-employment benefits and food stamps.

- medical insurance through job and in case of job loss govt sponsored medical insurance.

- retirement benefits through social security.

- clean healthy food.

- electric/gas utilities without load shed

- fair and just legal system with full individual rights of citizen.

- freedom of religion.

- each county of the state got in average 15 to 20 towns and each town has its own library which can beat out library of your LUMS in lahore in terms of content and material.;

PLEASE TELL ME WHICH AVERAGE PAKISTANI GOT THIS ABOVE HECK I LIVE IN DEFENCE I DON’T EVEN GOT 2% OF WHAT AVERAGE PAKISTANI AMERICAN GOT. HOW CAN YOU COMPARE FOREIGN PAKISTANIS, THREAD IS FOR LOCAL PAKISTANIS OF PAKISTAN. CONCENTRATE ON THAT.

[/quote]

Pakistan 62 Years

USA almost 236 Years

dude what are you comparing here?

To all of the above. Well everyone has his/her own point. But we Pakistanis do lack a lot of things after all.There is no doubt that we are copy cat type people. We find paths for quick solutions rather than long term solutions and this is where we become END TERM USERS rather than INNOVATORS. And as far as the software/telecom industry is considered, keeping in mind the late arrivals of tech here, our illiterate politicians and there policies, incompetent Govt. sector and a fragile economy, whatever we have achieve so far is commendable and must be appreciated in all regards.

[quote=“armada, post:18, topic:16401”]

Pakistan 62 Years

USA almost 236 Years

dude what are you comparing here?

[/quote]

True but were the American people able to do a ‘country comparison’ for the betterment of their country on the 65th year of their independence from Britain via INTERNET like we are doing now?

Do you really think we have to wait 100 more years before we can wake up? specially in this day and age when we don’t really know each other, never even saw each other’s faces, yet we are sharing our point of view?