VOIP Banned in Pakistan, PTA playing Detective?

Hello,

I am the owner of an IT company here in Lahore. We recently setup a VOIP server for our client in the US on their hardware (also in the US). The VOIP service provider details were sent to us (me) in email. Only ONE person knew about the VOIP details (me), and none of our employees knew about this. But yesterday, in the billing section for the VOIP service provider account, two mysterious calls appeared to have been made from the voip number to the telephone number on the following site:

http://www.fruitika.com/Contact.html

Now, we know for a fact that VOIP is banned (SIP) in pakistan on port 5060 (it's blocked), and no one can make voip calls, and that PTA/PTCL are really paranoid about these things. The voip details cannot be used without proper authentication (login/password). If these details got leaked to one of our employees, then they can't use this in Pakistan anyway, since VOIP doesn't work. We are at a loss here about who made these calls, HOW they made these calls from pakistan, and how they got hold of these details. The strange thing about these calls were that someone just 'dialled' the number, and didn't actually connect the call, as if testing whether the number works or not.

I am sorry to say, but something is really fishy going on over here. Is there any way we can launch an investigation on 'who dunnit' ???

If only PTA would do its own job rather than aiding the incumbent telco like a pathetic slave...

^ The word slave is giving a bit dignity to PTA. They are bunch of sole-of-shoe licking maggots who swell on nation's blood but get happy when they lick sole of shoes of telecom companies.

We seriously need an active IT and Telecom ministry. So many issues, but the relevant ministers probably don't know much about any of these issues.

- We need free (as in no censorship) internet access.

- We need Paypal (to be 'forced' by Government of Pakistan) to allow their service here.

- We need instant Debit Card (online usable) related products from all banks. They must be forced to shove the strict rules up their a***s , because in other countries, banks are giving out all that with less strict rules, and those people haven't driven those banks bankrupt, so we won't either.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
^ The word slave is giving a bit dignity to PTA. They are bunch of sole-of-shoe licking maggots who swell on nation's blood but get happy when they lick sole of shoes of telecom companies.
[/quote]

Wampyr's blood must be boilding over PTA :D

/me hands over a glass of cold water to Wampyr :P.

//off-topic

wampyr you still using Wateen? , also, how come we never talk that much, when we live in the same area :)

Wampyr’s blood must be boilding over PTA :D

//off-topic

wampyr you still using Wateen? , also, how come we never talk that much, when we live in the same area :)

[/quote]

Yes, I have far more “special” words for Kechari, Banks of Pakistan and Law-system in Pakistan because they are royal pain in a$$ these days for me and I have to spent whole day in hot weather under direct sun dealing with them. But I won’t talk about them in Tech forum unless it is very necessary.

Thanks for water, I needed it :)

Unfortunately, I am still using Wateen but hopefully this will be last month as I am really fed-up of them and I am looking alternates. I shall write about Wateen’s atrocities after I leave them.

@AbbasJin

It's off-topic but are you using Wateen or shifted to some other ISP? If so then which one and how is your experience with new ISP?

We seriously need an active IT and Telecom ministry. So many issues, but the relevant ministers probably don’t know much about any of these issues.

- We need free (as in no censorship) internet access.

- We need Paypal (to be ‘forced’ by Government of Pakistan) to allow their service here.

- We need instant Debit Card (online usable) related products from all banks. They must be forced to shove the strict rules up their , because in other countries, banks are giving out all that with less strict rules, and those people haven’t driven those banks bankrupt, so we won’t either.

Wampyr’s blood must be boilding over PTA :D

//off-topic

[/quote]

Same wishes as me. PTA is acting as if this is north Korea. Instead of putting customer off line they should force ISP’s to offer cheaper packages such as 512kb for 600 and 256kb for 300.

@AbbasJin

It’s off-topic but are you using Wateen or shifted to some other ISP? If so then which one and how is your experience with new ISP?

[/quote]

My courtship with Wateen was very short-lived, didn’t work here, so returned it. Since I couldn’t get PTCL landline here, the lineman kept telling no lines available anymore, i had to look for alternatives.

Had to Bribe another Lineman, registered for a new connection, he got the receipt , then got his mithaayi, then installed the line in a few days. :P

now i’m on PTCL dsl for the last 3,4 months.

really great speeds for a download junkie like me. You too should try getting ptcl dsl.

My courtship with Wateen was very short-lived, didn’t work here, so returned it. Since I couldn’t get PTCL landline here, the lineman kept telling no lines available anymore, i had to look for alternatives.

Had to Bribe another Lineman, registered for a new connection, he got the receipt , then got his mithaayi, then installed the line in a few days. :P

now i’m on PTCL dsl for the last 3,4 months.

[/quote]

So you know how things get done in Pakistan :) Learning the ways of cubs ;)

really great speeds for a download junkie like me. You too should try getting ptcl dsl.
[/quote]

You got PTCL DSL from Adyala Exchange? If so then damnation, I haven’t re-checked the status of DSL in Adyala Exchange.

@wampyr, yeah :P you have to learn to survive somehow :}

and yes,

i believe its from Adyala exchange,

Micronet and PTCL both are offering dsl over adyala exchange , and by now i think LDN should be offering too.

^ Then I'll try to get my line check for DSL as soon as I get some free time. :)

does this mean i cant call from SKYPE software to phone lines?