"Voice over Bluetooth", possible?

Is there any application which lets two Bluetooth enabled mobile phones to be used just like walky-talky?

I mean "voice over Bluetooth"

OR

Any application which lets to use a Bluetooth mobile phone as a "wireless mic" for a PC having Bluetooth installed?

Simple answer..NO.

Mobile phones use certain "profiles" for bluetooth connections. There is no such profile available as far as I know that can enable such functionality.

For walky talky type of function, some phones are equipped with PTT (Push To Talk) feature but it is operator dependent and there is no operator in Pakistan supporting it.

I think there is sort of mobile application which I read about some where on net. I will try to search and let you know. But the problem would be range, you only can talk over bluetooh less than 30feet and is not best to talk than person personally face to face rather 30feet away.

I am not 100% sure about such application but I read about it somewhere on net

there might be some symbian application for that

Following is the link of voice over bluetooth application.

http://www.getjar.com/products/14244/djkBluevoiceBETA

Please let me know your experice of use of this application

@mfa6464

Thanks for the link, I'll try it and let you know.

I don't get you. Why two people having bluetooth enabled cellphone want to communicate with voice? When the range of bluetooth is so limited that they can "talk" directly to each other.

^fantasy

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^fantasy
[/quote]

:D I also can’t figure out the logic behind talking on walkie-talkie-style-bluetooth-cellphones for the distance of 10 to 20 feet or so. It sure is fantasy :D

Hahahaha

u can use symbian application for voice over bluetooth, but cant use as walkie-talkie, as walkie-talkie has different functionality.

Instead push to talk is available in different sets but its Operator depandant, its a free service thts y none of operator in Pakistan providing this.

@wampyr

When you talk directly, all the people will hear. Sometimes you want to talk to only one person privately, in that case this utility will be of great help.

@wampyr

When you talk directly, all the people will hear. Sometimes you want to talk to only one person privately, in that case this utility will be of great help.

[/quote]

Did you try any software to talk over bluetooth?

@wampyr

[/quote]

Let’s take the scenario, usually most of cellphones have Class B bluetooth. It means it can work up to 10 meters (without any obstruction). Practically the range is somewhat 20 feet.

Let’s assume that person X want to talk privately to person Y and there is a person Z that is sitting in the center of person X and person Y. The distance between person X and person Y is 20 feet.

X —10 feet distance— Z —10 feet distance— Y

Let’s assume that person X and person Y have walkie-talkie. How low person X and person Y has to talk in walkie-talkie so that person Z sitting at the distance of 10 feet can’t hear them? Moreover, it will be clear to person Z that person X and person Y are talking to each other.

Hence proofed; Failure of concept to privately talk on bluetooth. :)

Get a walkie-talkie that has range 1000+ feet or more :)

Fe-Aman Allah.