Voice Ads To replace Caller tunes?

Ko On TGP Pakistan wrote:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
I have a Mobilink Indigo connection, and for the last two weeks I've been getting adds on about a third of my outgoing calls - a advertisement plays while the phone is dialing - some of the adds are for Mobilink services, others for misc. stuff.

Has anyone else noticed this? Are adds in the future?

I wouldn't mind add's if they were optional, and I got a discount on my bill for listening to them, but it just seems wrong to suddenly spring adds. After all, I'm paying for the service...

regards,

ko

[/quote]

thats pretty bad why would want to listen to ads when calling, i sometimes find caller tunes annoying when i call someone

lolz at that discount part

btw KO why don't you post such interesting stuff on your own forum?

This was bound to happen some time. The advertisers won't let such a good empty slot go without an ad! Everyone listens to it, they have to! Great place for an ad.

Won't really hurt though as long as it doesn't interfere with the call in some bizarre way or that crazy song that keeps blazing on TV! :(

This was bound to happen some time. The advertisers won’t let such a good empty slot go without an ad! Everyone listens to it, they have to! Great place for an ad.

Won’t really hurt though as long as it doesn’t interfere with the call in some bizarre way or that crazy song that keeps blazing on TV! :(

[/quote]

i wasnt expectin this in pakistan where there arent too many places where ads pop up

i was expectin this to happen in foreign countires first

i m happy to listen to these ads provided my call is discounted as KO rightly said.

Guess the next phase: Targeted Advertisements based on your location, hmmm so its lunch time and you are roaming near Boat basin, listen to Pizza Hut ad.

post-next-phase: You were in a call, suddenly you hear 'this call is brought to you by @#%$#%$#%' both parties will listen different ads.

it is a very good idea but if we were using these services for free but we are paying for calling so we shouldn't be getting any ads

ya they can play some ads in incoming calls coz we don't pay to receive calls :D

btw KO why don’t you post such interesting stuff on your own forum?
[/quote]

Was posting it here but you posted first, so I deleted my post here.

I hate adds, so I would switch companies if Mobilink continues playing adds. Launching a complaint about it.. (not that it'll do much good).

Hmm, thats strange. Father has Mobilink Indigo too, he has not reported any such thing. I called a number from his cell 2 days ago. Wasn't any thing but the usual tone. I'd hate the ads thing!

KO, the call connects in normal time or they delay connecting it for their ads? That would be blah if they do :S.

Wait until Mobilink interrupts your call to play a 10 second

'Lemo Pani Time Check' ad, constituting of their latest hair-

pulling and aneurysm-inducing song-n-dance number.

And who's going to stop them ?. The PTA ?. Haa!

Only the people can stop them, by voting with their feet,

after explaining to them, the reason why.

Sheikh 'Salami Slicers' Chilli

Would it be possible that those users who you were calling had set them up themselves? Cell companies continously keeps asking their customers if they want to opt for this caller tunes thing. They can set up songs, naats and their AD.

Once my father had set up his caller tune as ufone's ad and almost everyone was annoyed as the AD was very very loud. I had to go through a long procedure to disable it.

^well this link clears all the doubts:

http://netxpress.com.pk/2008/05/29/myscreen-secures-10-million-strategic-investment-by-orascom-telecom/

Wait until Mobilink interrupts your call to play a 10 second

’Lemo Pani Time Check’ ad, constituting of their latest hair-

pulling and aneurysm-inducing song-n-dance number.

[/quote]

Yep, that seems to be the next logical step for the “time checks” to take!