VLC. all about it. tips, tricks, help and everything else

first mods i would like you to make this topic the first one to be sticky. this is the best player in the whole universe and best of all other people who use linux etc etc wont have any problem! because its the one and only available for all os'es!

now my first question. i don't now why but vlc isnt playing the files tht wmp easily opens. then i upgraded to version h (i had f yesterday) but even tht didnt helped. can someone tell why this is happening. it plays all the damn files but not the specific one. i don't now the format but w/e it was wmp was easily opening it.

plus one more thing i hate is if you put like 5 videos in playlist for example 3o sec each it may play first 3 fine (remember watching in fullscreen) but on the fourth one it will suddenly go mad and get small again, and you have to get up double click to fullscreen it again. WHY!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

first mods i would like you to make this topic the first one to be sticky. this is the best player in the whole universe and best of all other people who use linux etc etc wont have any problem! because its the one and only available for all os’es!
[/quote]

there are also other media players like mplayer which are available on multiple OSes

but i agree VLC definatly is the best

here is a tip to use vlc to create a video wallpaper

open VLC go to Setting---->Prefrences------->Video------>Output Modules

check advanced option and select Direct X as the output module

Then click on Direct X and select Enable wallpaper mode

Now to remove VLC from the taskbar

Settings->preferences->Interface->Main Interfaces->wxWidgets and uncheck the Taskbar option.

Now click on save exit VLC and the nest video u play will become ur wallpaper

now my first question. i don’t now why but vlc isnt playing the files tht wmp easily opens. then i upgraded to version h (i had f yesterday) but even tht didnt helped. can someone tell why this is happening. it plays all the damn files but not the specific one. i don’t now the format but w/e it was wmp was easily opening it.
[/quote]

without knowin the video codec it will be hard to help u

good trick man.. now i know how those worldcall guys play movies :P

i've deleted tht file, but how man! vlc opens every other damn file i throw at it! except 1080 :( . my processor is not upto job :(

good trick man… now i know how those worldcall guys play movies :P

i’ve deleted tht file, but how man! vlc opens every other damn file i throw at it! except 1080 :( . my processor is not upto job :(

[/quote]

well may be its your graphic card. you usually need a graphic card to view HD without problem.

yes heard alot and i have to say its a load of #$%#!... the only thing you need is a powerful processor. a midrange c2d imo.

well may be its your graphic card. you usually need a graphic card to view HD without problem.

[/quote]

u dont need a great processor for watchin videos through VLC

VLC does its proccessing through a processor it cant use a grafix card

i have a laptop which has integrated intel grafix and a medium range processor it can play 1080p just fine

The KMPlayer is the best player out there. I used VLC and it didnt play the videos i had. I installed KMP and it worked like a charm.

first mods i would like you to make this topic the first one to be sticky. this is the best player in the whole universe and best of all other people who use linux etc etc wont have any problem! because its the one and only available for all os’es!
[/quote]

i think its sucks !! . while playing DVD Rip (avi format) or DVD when i Quick Forward the Movie (by seek bar) it show very bad screen and Lag a Lot !! :/.

i think Media Player Classic 6.4 (Latest) with Complete and Update Codec PaCks is the Best solution for every one ;). Easy to use , showing Better Result than VLC , no LAG , no more Panchayat’s . WorK’s Fine with my PC every time , any time ;) .

VLC is crap. Media Player Classic is better but it too has its issues.

VLC is crap. Media Player Classic is better but it too has its issues.
[/quote]

i havent used VLC much on the windows side so i cant say abt that

but on the linux side it rocks!!!

vlc is the best.

rjslip i didn't even understood what u just said.

believe it or not, 1080p isn't a small thing! and you need one good processor to open. i have seen guys saying our 3.2ht Intel processors go to 80 90 percent with no good frames, and that same happens to me. a lot of frame dropping. and how mid range processor is it? and what exactly u meant from it can play "just fine?"

vlc is the best.

rjslip i didn’t even understood what u just said.

believe it or not, 1080p isn’t a small thing! and you need one good processor to open. i have seen guys saying our 3.2ht Intel processors go to 80 90 percent with no good frames, and that same happens to me. a lot of frame dropping. and how mid range processor is it? and what exactly u meant from it can play “just fine?”

[/quote]

if u use h264 as a codec for 1080p then runnin it will be really really processor intensive

but if u have it in DivX or Xvid then it will be a bit easier on ur processor though the file size maybe larger

media player classic suks! u have to download codec packs for plying mkv. HA WAHT A PATHETIC piece OF #$%#!

media player classic suks! u have to download codec packs for plying mkv. HA WAHT A PATHETIC piece OF #$%#!
[/quote]

lol … !! Just Download “K Lite Mega Codec” . it has WMP Classic 6.4 and “all” Codec what ever u want :P . it can Run any Kind of File :P !!

this is no place to advertise for ur stupid lil players! VLC IS THE BEST! hahaha who cares if u got a crappy pc on which vlc doesn't work! go get a new one! HA!

btw tell me how many files of 1080 you can find in divx! hmm?

Jetaudio With Klite mega codec pack FTW!

:/

this is no place to advertise for ur stupid lil players! VLC IS THE BEST! hahaha who cares if u got a crappy pc on which vlc doesn’t work! go get a new one! HA!

btw tell me how many files of 1080 you can find in divx! hmm?

[/quote]

it means your pc is crappy too coz it cant play 1080

codec also play an important role!

and don’t behave like a troll!