Vista on Dual Core processor...!

Is any1 using Vista on dual core processor(2Ghz) with 2 or 3 GB of RAM...??Does it rum smoothly on it..I have read somewhere that it does create problems on dual core processor..

What u people say..I guess it should run best on dual core 2Ghz processor with 3GB RAM>>!!!!

Shouldn't have any problem.

Windows Vista runs smooth on dual cores and single core, so does XP, and should also 2000 and NT.

No problem that I have found.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Windows Vista runs smooth on dual cores and single core
[/quote]

on Single core also…???

I dont think that it should fine on single core!!!

Vista runs fine on dual core and single core processors. I have single core 3Ghz HT processor with 2gb of Ram and vista is working fine on it.

^all softwares work fine with AERO theme...??

no halting and no freezing..>!!!??

^^ Yes, everything working fine. I have PCX graphics card installed and every game is also working smooth.

on Single core also…???

I dont think that it should fine on single core!!!

[/quote]

Yes, on single core processors too. All you need is at least 2 GB DDR2 RAM and graphic card with 256 MB GDDR2 card DirectX 9 or DirectX 10 (better) card. Everything works fine, smooth and great :)

EDIT: Also good free space. At least 20 GB free space after installing Windows Vista. If you are going to install lots of softwares then have at least 80+ GB free space. SATA2 harddisks are good to go with above mentioned hardwares.

Intel Media Graphic Accelerator would work fine!!!!!????

Yes it will Dogarsahab. Infact i believe vista is better optimized for dual cores then XP. Theres no need to worry.. You should do fine with vista installed.

okay..Let me take a plunge then!!!!I am going to do it on dual core 2Ghz amd 2Gb of RAM!!!

Is any1 using Vista on dual core processor(2Ghz) with 2 or 3 GB of RAM…??Does it rum smoothly on it…I have read somewhere that it does create problems on dual core processor…

What u people say…I guess it should run best on dual core 2Ghz processor with 3GB RAM>>!!!

[/quote]

to be very honest after giving sevral times, Vista sucks.

i just upgraded my ram from 1gb to 2.5GB… i have 1.6 dualcore laptop… but its still perform very slow and damn my 20GB c drive was almost full , so just switch back to XP , hoping better results from windows 7,

I have read Windows 7 reviews, they say its better than any Windows ever built, having the stability of Xp and eye candy of Vista. i download it from MS's website. Searching for a DVD writer to burn and have a look.

u Daemon Tools and then create a virtual boot drive and try it!!!

Indeed Windows 7 is great!!!

to be very honest after giving sevral times, Vista sucks.

i just upgraded my ram from 1gb to 2.5GB… i have 1.6 dualcore laptop… but its still perform very slow and damn my 20GB c drive was almost full , so just switch back to XP , hoping better results from windows 7,

[/quote]

This is what scares me!!!

@dogarsahab

dont panic n dnt listen to others..just giv it a try urself...

u Daemon Tools and then create a virtual boot drive and try it!!!

Indeed Windows 7 is great!!!

[/quote]

What will happen after a restart? Windows 7 will require a real drive not a virtual one. Or Windows 7 install in one go?

I havent tried myself but my friends have tried it and they have used Daemon Tools to install it!!!..

Just do little googling about how to use Daemon Tools....

@dogarsahab

dont panic n dnt listen to others…just giv it a try urself…

[/quote]

okay…

:expressionless:

I havent tried myself but my friends have tried it and they have used Daemon Tools to install it!!!..

Just do little googling about how to use Daemon Tools…

[/quote]

Well im not taking any reisk until i burn it on a DVD. It may b done if I boot my PC from Windows 98 CD, run Daemon tools ( if it is possible ) and install Windows from there. I don’t see any other way to install windows using a virtual DVD drive

I installed Windows 7 on my machine as a VM using Virtual PC. It took around 10GB of the space inside VM. But the VM’s size is around 5GB, still figuring out where Windows 7 got the extra 5GB from :confused:

Will test the machine tonite.