Vista isnt being installed ... help?!

Salam every1!

Yaar I installed Vista & was using it finely until 2 days back. I had also Ubuntu 7.10 installed along. I wanted Vista to be the default OS & wanted to edit Grub settings. But un4tunately I 4got my Ubuntu password as I wasnt frequent @ using Ubuntu. Then, I deleted the Ubuntu partition while sitting in Disk Management option in Vista & consequently damaging Grub.

I tried to reinstall Vista but it doesnt copy the files & pops an error! Then I tried to install XP & it slapped saying file missing!

On the counsel of my friend, I installed XP on FAT file system & was successful.

Now, the problem is that I am unable 2 install Vista & XP on NTFS file system.

Can any1 help??

did you formatted the partition where you are installing it?

ok if you cant format don't reinstall vista just open the recovery console from vista dvd then go to repair and then select boot sector (something like that)

@ kasqureshi

Solution will be by fixing Vista's MBR.

Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919529

However, I shall suggest to remove all partitions and re-partition your harddisk and then format your harddisk. Because it is possible that after just fixing MBR, somethings may still linger (as after mess of Vista + Grub + XP).

Delete all partitions (during setup installation), create new partitions, format them (all during setup installation). When Windows Vista's Setup Installation present you "where to install Vista" then you can select to delete and create new partitions and format your partitions and then proceed to install.

Please note that you'll loose all data when you'll delete partitions and format newly created partitions.

Fe-Aman Allah.

posted a question and wont come here for the next two years

Yaar thnx for the reply ........... but the thing is thats not da way to treat new users mr. Saad Ibrahim..

Some might not be able to use net .... there might have been any kinda problem.... ok.....!

OK dats so nice of you that u told me da "precious" solutions but .... What do u want now .... ? ShalL I send u a thnks giving gift or what...?

Obviously I'll apply da solutions n then will respond in a better way........

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yaar thnx for the reply … but the thing is thats not da way to treat new users mr. Saad Ibrahim…

Some might not be able to use net … there might have been any kinda problem… ok…!

OK dats so nice of you that u told me da “precious” solutions but … What do u want now … ? ShalL I send u a thnks giving gift or what…?

Obviously I’ll apply da solutions n then will respond in a better way…

[/quote]

i didn’t want any thanks or anything but wanted to know did the solution worked out

sorry to be rude but i have seen new members coming here posting question and never reply if the solution we posted worked or not

@ kasqureshi

SaadIbrahim is a good fellow, in fact a great fellow, he is the one who came first to help you and many times he might be the only one. People like SaadIbrahim are rare gem who try to help anybody for free.

I, on the other hand, have very different school-of-thought. I really hate, when everybody in Pakistan try to make profit jahan jis ka dao lug jai and all Mullahs tell them it's Halal. Everyday, everybody try to rip me with the price as high as possible, and everybody consider this as Islamic and Halal, as everybody give chanda to Masjid/Madrasa and thus purify their money. Then I wonder, why should I help anybody for free? For Sawab? LOL

May Allah deal with every Pakistani and take account of every penny they make by ruining Hakook-Alabad.

Fe-Aman Allah.

P.S. Do update us by the progress of your installing Windows Vista.

thanks for the compliments wampyr :)

you are an extremist i must say :D

ya I know dat people come n leave . juz 4 da sake of nuffin' ............ well Saad .. I juz wanted 2 say dat we should not weigh everything in da same weighing tool ..... well I'm having no grudges @ all .... N I know neither u.......

as far as my solution is concerned ... deleting the whole partitions will be da last solution .... I tried 2 install Vista by merging the unallocated free space (earlier Ubuntu installation) & the 8 mb free space (created by XP ) ... but to no avail.... lets C wat lies next ........ N I'll report back here regularly ..... c ya!

Salam every1! Yaar sorry for late reply. actually I was bz in sem finals!

Well, the problem was with my dvd & also there was a bit of problem with my sata HD. I got a new dvd to install Vista but to no avail. then I installed XP & then Vista from new dvd running within XP. so Vista got installed after the setup eas run in XP. its going fine now.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Salam every1! Yaar sorry for late reply. actually I was bz in sem finals!

Well, the problem was with my dvd & also there was a bit of problem with my sata HD. I got a new dvd to install Vista but to no avail. then I installed XP & then Vista from new dvd running within XP. so Vista got installed after the setup eas run in XP. its going fine now.

[/quote]

Which edition did u installed.

well buddy I did install The Ultimate edition as I love that

Whats in your RIG.