VISTA and GRAPHIC CARD?

My friend going to have a new laptop HP 6720 whaich has 2Ghz processor,2Gb RAM 160Gb HDD and the intel graphic card(not good obviously)...

actually,this laptop has VISTA in it but he thinks that VISTA uses much of graphic card and he doesnt want WINDOWS VISTA eating his card as he extensively uses MATLAB software which itself is much graphic card intensive so is it really the case with the VISTA that it uses much graphic card!!!!?/?

if you enable aero yes it does use graphics card

recommend him to get a laptop with graphics card

You can disable Aero and change vista theme for it to put less strain on the graphic card.

yeah you can enable the windows classic theme

the windows 98 awsomeness

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

yeah you can enable the windows classic theme

the windows 98 awsomeness

[/quote]

lol@ windows 98 awesomeness :)

yeah he getting a laptop which has graphic card but he wants to utilize all his graphic card for using MATLAB!!!not vista.....

so he should have change in themes!!!!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

yeah he getting a laptop which has graphic card but he wants to utilize all his graphic card for using MATLAB!!!not vista…

so he should have change in themes!!!

[/quote]

yeah it has graphics card but built in (e.g mobility radeon x200) which are not very good i am recommending him to buy a laptop with graphics card from companies like ATI

problem is definitely the PRICE!!!!saad

laptops with nvidea type graphic cards are expensive rather much!!!!

MATLAB is GPU intensive? I think it would be more CPU intensive...

the problem is PRICE!!saad

the laptops with nvidia type graphic cards are very expensive!!!!

Aero doesn't use too many system resources, but if you are too concerned about performance, just don't use Aero. Switch to basic or classic theme.

Or isn't it possible for you to install Windows XP on the laptop?

MATLAB is a very huge software..when u are drawing curves,it becomes more graphics intensive and if u are doing mathematical calculations then it becomes CPU intensive!!!!!

@specter

laptop has registered version of vista..will they switch-over to dos operating system(registered)!!!???

@specter

the laptop under consideration has registered version of vista..

XP wouldnt become registered then!!!!