VirtualBox Vs VMware debate

Which one is better for better ? Share you experiences.

VMware is better i think...

it has more features.. and you can forward hardware ports like usb serial etc..

My vote is for Vmware.

http://www.pcmech.com/article/vmware-player-vs-virtualbox-which-is-right-for-you/

http://marsbox.com/blog/reviews/vmware-vs-virtualbox/

What about speed ? also VMware is not free... you know. Which version should I use ?

VMware is better, not the best. The vote is for the reason shoukat described forwarding ports.

till now there is nothing better than vmware. its the king of virtualisation. tried virtualpc and virtualbox but vmware is the fastest

Virtual PC is not good for its functions, it only helps starters who need simpler methods.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

What about speed ? also VMware is not free… you know. Which version should I use ?
[/quote]

They do have a free version as well. I think its called VMware player.

why do you people use visualization ?

Hmmm. If its Virtual BOX 3.XXX vs Vmware Workstation then Vmware Workstation is the winner.(Vmware Workstation is more resource hungry). If its Virtual BOX 3.XXX vs Vmware Player Virtual Box 3.XXX is the winner. But as per my testing of Virtual BOX 4 beta it will be an up hill task for vmware to win over it. On a linux host I prefer virtual box over vmware. If you want more sophisticated virtualization (not the guest host technique) then try KVM (not XEN).

I used VMWare Server (it's free) for several years, but recently switched to VirtualBox 4. Along the way I've used kvm and qemu/kqemu; for some tasks they're sufficient.

I don't use Windows.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

What about speed ? also VMware is not free… you know. Which version should I use ?
[/quote]

VMware is best for emulating any OS. A free version VMware Player is available it can run any existing virtual machine but cannot modified or create a new one.

I think QEMU which is free and open source is much better then virtual box or MS Virtual PC.