Virgin Media to launch 50Gbps broadband this year

hehe....when we have just entered in 512kbps era in a proper way.....world is already going for 50gbps

Virgin Media of UK did testing of this service in April this year....and now they will introduce it this year at a small scale....just think about it....50GBPS!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.intology.com/computers-internet/virgin-media-to-launch-50gbps-network-service/

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

hehe…when we have just entered in 512kbps era in a proper way…world is already going for 50gbps

Virgin Media of UK did testing of this service in April this year…and now they will introduce it this year at a small scale…just think about it…50GBPS!!!

http://www.intology.com/computers-internet/virgin-media-to-launch-50gbps-network-service/

[/quote]

Erm, the datacenters will benefit a lot i.e if it’s cheap.

hehe…when we have just entered in 512kbps era in a proper way…world is already going for 50gbps

Virgin Media of UK did testing of this service in April this year…and now they will introduce it this year at a small scale…just think about it…50GBPS!!!

[/quote]

It’s not the 512kbps era but it’s 155mbps in here. I don’t think PTCL offers 1gbps connections and they max out at 155mbps (now I might be wrong).

It’s not the 512kbps era but it’s 155mbps in here. I don’t think PTCL offers 1gbps connections and they max out at 155mbps (now I might be wrong).

[/quote]

ya you are rigth we have entered the 512 kbps era in our residential connections but this is not a residential connection i think

Yes it's for ISPs and other service providers.

In my humble opinion the technology world is not at a point where people would want or could even use those kinds of speeds. 5-7 Mbps is more than enough for personal use (and that include fairly heavy torrenting). Even 10-20 Mbps is really pushing it.

these sorts of connection are only needed if you want to setup some kind of server in your home

In between what is meant by this type of connection are they giving this connection for home and corporate users or is it some kinda like their total bandwidth quote.

man think of High Definition Video Conferencing

man think of High Definition Video Conferencing
[/quote]

…Who do you want to have a Video Conference with in High Def?! :confused:

how about a professor at remote location giving lecture (with visuals) to remote audiences sitting at different places.

how about LiveCasts, events which can not accomodate audiences in one hall, or want to broadcast at multiple places.

In 4 or 5 years Ultra High Definition equipment will start showing up, there you would want to have IPTV coming in UHD

how about a professor at remote location giving lecture (with visuals) to remote audiences sitting at different places.

how about LiveCasts, events which can not accomodate audiences in one hall, or want to broadcast at multiple places.

In 4 or 5 years Ultra High Definition equipment will start showing up, there you would want to have IPTV coming in UHD

[/quote]

how about not trying to be a imaginative futiristic fool for a moment and thinking about the fact that even the rate of transfering of data b/w your drives is far less thn that and hence how about accepting the fact that since you never complained about the transfer rate of your hard-drive therefore it proves that it is enough for your needs?

ask for more but at least first be sure! ;)

how about not trying to be a imaginative futiristic fool for a moment and thinking about the fact that even the rate of transfering of data b/w your drives is far less thn that and hence how about accepting the fact that since you never complained about the transfer rate of your hard-drive therefore it proves that it is enough for your needs?

[/quote]

Human beings would never have made any progress if they didn’t always ask for more! Think about new possibilities rather than being complacent with what you currently have.

Ask for more, always do. ;)

[/quote]

It is not available in your pc right now doesn’t mean it won’t be available in couple of years.

Mobile phone was a luxury a decade ago, but its a need today. Similarly, LCDs may seem luxury right now but it will be a need in couple of years due to energy savings factor. Before Apple launched IPhone, how many people were complaining about lack of Multi-touch-screens in their phone??? i guess no one, but apple launched and Ppl bought.

So it is not about you need it now or later, its about how innovative and creative your thinking is.

Damn! I would love to torrent on that ;)

[/quote]

you will get disappointed that you never reach your actually theoretical limit

[/quote]

I rarely even top my 7 Mbps connection when running torrents. You won’t have the seeds to do that for most torrents!

I rarely even top my 7 Mbps connection when running torrents. You won’t have the seeds to do that for most torrents!

[/quote]

Sah are u by chance usin Teksavy as an ISP?

Sah are u by chance usin Teksavy as an ISP?

[/quote]

Nope. Bell Canada.

Nope. Bell Canada.
[/quote]

i have heard alot about teksavy and their great support

Bell Canada has capped packages right?