V PTCL vista drivers?

are they available ... plz post the link if they r aval out there ... thankx in advance

XP drivers work for Vista too

i know but just curious if there r any newer versions aval

i checked ZTE's site last week in hope for new drivers, there aren't any updated. its common practice with out local companies who buy cheap products/CPEs without any agreements for updated drivers/software.

Its still a bliss that the XP drivers work in vista. (BTW there is some ambiguous driver available for ZTE set on windows update (i downloaded it, it worked but with a few issues so i rolled back to the earilier version).

I installed Vista64bit last month and had to uninstall it mainly because i wasnt able to find any driver for my zte VPTCL set. i searched the whole zte and it sub-sites.. no use.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

XP drivers work for Vista too
[/quote]

XP drivers didn’t work for me on Vista, I am using ZTE equipment.

I used VPTCL for internet access a couple of years ago, but I am sure it still applies. If you check the ZTE set, it will specify the chipset used in it, in my case it was a Qualcomm chip that is used in WLL sets all over the world. It was easy enough to then just download the appropriate drivers (for my mac no less) from the internet by just googling the chipset # + os + drivers...

Good luck

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I used VPTCL for internet access a couple of years ago, but I am sure it still applies. If you check the ZTE set, it will specify the chipset used in it, in my case it was a Qualcomm chip that is used in WLL sets all over the world. It was easy enough to then just download the appropriate drivers (for my mac no less) from the internet by just googling the chipset # + os + drivers…

Good luck

[/quote]

Thanks, will give it a shot.