[V] Pakistan / [V] Pakistani

Has anyone seen (in Dawn, atleast) the copyright request ads in the newspaper? The logo and everything's the same... except Pakistan (and Pakistani) are written below the square brackets, in green.

Visit epaper.dawn.com, select Oct 2, and it's in the main page section, page 14, at the bottom.

Could this mean anything significant, or what? The fact that they're applying for copyrights on design could mean something significant for the music industry of Pakistan.

PS: The client is " V Pakistan (Pvt.) Limited ".

I'm really pondering on this.

And if it's true, I wonder how the mechanics of the channel will be (i.e. will it have it's broadcasting base from abroad i.e. will it be controlled from abroad like Cartoon Network Pakistan, which is an iteration of Cartoon Network India) and to what extent censorship will play a role :P

Yeah, I saw the ad today and thought - "yeah, all we need is another music channel!" But at least its not a news/political discussion! :P

Seriously though, yeah, are they going to play just Pakistani music or international as well? Like VH1...

^ We just need something other than politics.

The other day, I was so happy to read some article (in The News) about EPA directorate in Pakistan instead of the political articles even though it was boring.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ We just need something other than politics.
[/quote]

Yeah, I suppose anything other than politics will do - there is a massive shortage of entertainment as well!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Has anyone seen (in Dawn, atleast) the copyright request ads in the newspaper? The logo and everything’s the same… except Pakistan (and Pakistani) are written below the square brackets, in green.

Visit epaper.dawn.com, select Oct 2, and it’s in the main page section, page 14, at the bottom.

Could this mean anything significant, or what? The fact that they’re applying for copyrights on design could mean something significant for the music industry of Pakistan.

[/quote]

October 2 or September 2 ???

September.

My bad.

I totalllyy agree with Asad. There is just too much politics every where! I am so sick of it, I have stopped watching TV and reading newspapers and I must tell you, I feel less stressed and my blood pressure must also be normal these days :D

While this thread's deviated from the actual title...

I'm quite numb to politics. I feel the comics more amusing, as always.

And there's one way of preventing blood pressure - get a grip on yourself! :P

according to the rumors, hamid mir will do a weekly show on v pakistan, music talk.

And let me guess... it'll be the music gossip (read: politics).

He'll be a wonderful presenter...