Uwon – a loser’s definition of winning

By this moment most of you have already seen Ufone’s Uwon ad campaign which crosses every ethical boundary of cultured advertising. I still don’t know what they are trying to achieve through this kind of communication. Showing violence and getting personal with the competitor would be the last thing a marketer would opt for.

In this illiterate community companies like Ufone and others play a vital role for the development of society as they have the power to take initiatives but such kind of non ethical, under the belt advertising can only add to the filth we are trying to get out of as a nation for so long now. There is enough violence going on in our this country and Ufone should MIND IT

For a few (like me) who haven't seen this ad or don't watch tv, can you please give a little bit of description of the ad?

dude you should atleast freaking explain wat the AD is all abt, caz most of us dont really watch TV that much ...

then you could expect us to post anything here.

Uwon ad campaign?

Violence? Can you please tell me if Surf Excel's "dirt is good" is promoting cleanliness and hygiene at the expense of fun?

That isn't promoting violence, may I tell you. Not that I'm in favor or in disapproval of the ad, but the fact is that the ad doesn't show violence. Violence is in it's own boundaries... and if you think that's violence, shouldn't all boxing sports be banned? This is merely an emulation of two rivals (or possibly more) fighting for the prize.

Don't get me wrong, but "fighting" here is not used in the negative sense.

One thing that I do agree with you, however, is the title: a loser's definition of winning.

Oh - and has anyone actually noted the commonalities? Jazz One / A1 / Uwon ?

Cheesy, at it's finest!

there was nothing wrong with ufone's campaign.. their competitor Jazz is deceiving its customers by claiming jazz one package for rs 1 , whereas its only jazz to jazz rs 1 and offnet its 1.40 , so when ufone offers onnet and offnet for rs 1 then they are definately knocking off their competitor(like they showed in boxing ring) it has every right to pull the legs of its main competitor.. they also pulled the legs of einstein(also mentioned in jazz one ad) ,similarly telenor also launched a similar package to counter jazz one "one naheen A1 package"

sucky mobilink expects its postpaid customers to pay 1 yr line rent in advance for some free minutes..

ufone and zong's ads are worth watching and rest are completely crap..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

For a few (like me) who haven’t seen this ad or don’t watch tv, can you please give a little bit of description of the ad?
[/quote]

Mr Ufone in boxing ring hits and completly knocks off an ugly villan type character (mr mobilink Jazz) in the next scene Mr Jazz is shown crying and calling his boss on cellphone “boss atleast app mujhay pehlay tou bata daitay kay ufone walay 1rs per min ka package offer ker rahay hain”

yeah someone should upload it on youtube :P

Guys...here is the link for the video..Enjoy..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Ea6GDXncc

kooooool ad.... this thread is waste of resources.......

i love ufone's service

and their adds are awesome and funny

like the old add in which they jump frm plane and then faisal qureshi comes and asks "oey yeh oper derwaza tum ne khula chora hai"

and ufone has really knocked everyone out

As far as TV comercial, no one can beat ufone.

yeah and i think the person is mobilink's staff thats why he is saying like that. otherwise no one will say like this.

Uhh.... who said Ufone charges Rs. 1 flat? It's 1.60 for off-net.

u can convert to uwon

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Mr Ufone in boxing ring hits and completly knocks off an ugly villan type character (mr mobilink Jazz) in the next scene Mr Jazz is shown crying and calling his boss on cellphone “boss atleast app mujhay pehlay tou bata daitay kay ufone walay 1rs per min ka package offer ker rahay hain”
[/quote]

Thanks for the description. IMO this seems more like a stupid and childish ad than a violent one.

it z Rs.1 onnet and 1.60 offnet exclusive of taxes.i wan2 know how much it wil become including taxes & also tell me if the billing is per 30 seconds or per minute.Thanx