Using two PC's with one DSL

HI,

I have a laptop and a desktop PC. The problem is that when i have to use them both, so connecting Ethernet cable of DSL into one another is a problem.

Can anybody tell me the device, which allows me use internet on two PC's using one DSL connection.

Thanx in advance.

Best Regards.

if ur laptop is wifi enabled then use a wireless hub easily available in market.

also u have to use a wirelss lan card for ur desktop pc

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have a laptop and a desktop PC. The problem is that when i have to use them both, so connecting Ethernet cable of DSL into one another is a problem.
[/quote]

DSL’s Ethernet cable? What is that? How you put DSL cable directly into laptop?

I am feeling of a conspiracy theory where all Wiredians hide big knowledge about connecting DSL’s cable directly into laptop. :)

On serious note, you need a network-switch to share internet between two or more computers. If you don’t want to get into hassles of wires then get a WiFi Network Switch (WiFi Access Point).

Plug DSL Router’s wire into WiFi Access Point (most of them are ready to use with default settings but do raise your WiFi security after initial testing).

If you don’t have WiFi builtin in your laptop then you’ll need to get PCMCIA Card or USB WiFi for laptop. For desktop, you can get PCI WiFi card or USB WiFi.

I shall suggest you to get all WiFi devices that are at least 802.11g. One 802.11b device will dramatically reduce your overall WiFi network speed.

Good luck!

use a wifi enabled dsl router

conect your laptop via wifi if it has it...... and ur pc via ethernet......

if u have ptcl dsl then call the guy who installed ur conection and tell him to bring a wifi enabled router

he will change ur curent modem with the new one free of charge....

I dont have wifi in my desktop!

I need to have physical connection. I mean Ethernet cable coming from dsl modem should be divided into two, so that laptop and pc can use the net.

^ 1 eithernet cable can't be divided directly into two or more.

----

just look in your modem. does it give u more then one eithernet ports, if yes, then you already have the option to connect your laptop via the other port as well as your pc.

----

and if it gives only 1 port, then the easy and cheapest solution is to buy 1 more eithernet card for your pc insert it in your pc. from it you will need a Crossover Cable connection to your laptop.

then all's fine.

this is the cheapest but not reliable. you will need a new eithernet card for each new connection (huhhh..) and your PC needs to be turned on every time when you want to use network connection from it.

----

one other solution is a multi-port switch connect your PC's 2nd eithernet card to the switch and get more connections from it. but here your need a Straight Cable connection.

yes it gives your more connections but it's also not much reliable you will still need your PC to be turned on.

----

one more and much reliable solution is the router, that is connected directly to your modem. and also connected to your end user computer(pc and/or laptop).

----

and for your laptop the more reliable solution is to have a wireless router because you can also purchase a wi-fi devices for your laptop.

what option is reliable for you. it's yours.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I dont have wifi in my desktop!

I need to have physical connection. I mean Ethernet cable coming from dsl modem should be divided into two, so that laptop and pc can use the net.

[/quote]

I myself is doing division in two pcs firstly it is obvious you have lan card in both laptop and pc…

Here is goes

U need a TPLink or any other company switch(or booster). It will have 4-8 slots.

U will plug your ethernet cable coming from router into switch and than you will get two new ethernet cables which will each be pluged one one side to switch and other end to laptop and pc…

I am using internet on two pcs like this for 1+ year…

This switch will cost u Rs.500-1000

chk ur router most hav two ports one is ethernet and other is usb.......u can connect dsl wid both of them...use ethernet cable wid ur pc and usb wid ur laptop........

dude just get a switch and two pair of ethernet cable and ur done...