Using iPhone on Mobilink

A strange problem which i am facing by using mobilink Edge service on iphone. Whenever I am using Edge services, the iphone does not receive calls. i.e. whoever calls me during that time finds my phone switched off. Strange.

Any solution for above?

[quote=“SMR, post:, topic:”]

A strange problem which i am facing by using mobilink Edge service on iphone. Whenever I am using Edge services, the iphone does not receive calls. i.e. whoever calls me during that time finds my phone switched off. Strange.

Any solution for above?

[/quote]

That is a KNOWN feature (bug) of EDGE, you have to live with it till 3G comes.

Better contact Mobilink Call Centre for better help. There might be some hardware limitation or something else.

[quote=“SMR, post:, topic:”]

Any solution for above?

[/quote]

That shouldn’t happen. Is your phone jailbroken? What model?

The limitation of Edge is that when on a call the data channel is suspended for the duration of the call.

[quote=", post:4, topic:15626"]

That shouldn’t happen. Is your phone jailbroken? What model?

The limitation of Edge is that when on a call the data channel is suspended for the duration of the call.

[/quote]

No it is not jailbroken, it is 3GS, factory unlocked.

It is happening just with Mobilink. Not with Ufone or Zong. Tried it.

The problem is not related to just iPhone. I have also checked the same with Android phones. I.e. Samsung Galaxy SL and SII.

While used the Zong Sim and Ufone Sim in all three phones, call was received i.e. GSM data was given preference on Edge data.

Therefore I have applied for MNP to Ufone.

The problem was with Mobilink. The helpline girl confirmed that they have got 35 to 40 similar complaints.

Now I have got my number ported to Ufone. It is fine now.