Using Generator

I need to confirm that i am using generator on 3 phase wiring.On power failure i turned off my main power breaker and connects the generator power cord to any two pin socket at home.

is this safe to use in this manner if main power returns ??

pls advise..

no idea :(

This is not safe. If for example the lights are back and you or someone else forgets to turn off the generator first + not remove the generator power cable from that socket and turn on the main power breaker...... It could damage the generator as well as all wiring at home, risk to the person as well. Not only this, even if you power off your generator but do not remove it's plug from socket and turn on the main power breaker, it can STILL damage the generator circuit inside. Such setup is very risky and can get confusing for people thus causing damage.

Bring electrician and install a proper change over switch + seperate socket for your generator, good quality change over switch, avoid installing cheap Chinese ones, at least go for something costing 1500 Rupees. The cheap ones will do the job too but I won't recommend those.

agree

I've been using the cheap Chinese changeover/switch's (400-500rs) for as long as i can remember, and i've never had any problems with them.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I need to confirm that i am using generator on 3 phase wiring.On power failure i turned off my main power breaker and connects the generator power cord to any two pin socket at home.

is this safe to use in this manner if main power returns ??

pls advise…

[/quote]

dude use a full change over switch…

otherwise the thing you are doing is dangerous…

Dears. I just wanted to ask you at this forum about "After how much time (hours) i need to change the Generator Oil (Its Jiang Dong 3500watt running on Gas).

regards,

[quote=“Joker, post:3, topic:10759”]

This is not safe. If for example the lights are back and you or someone else forgets to turn off the generator first + not remove the generator power cable from that socket and turn on the main power breaker… It could damage the generator as well as all wiring at home, risk to the person as well. Not only this, even if you power off your generator but do not remove it’s plug from socket and turn on the main power breaker, it can STILL damage the generator circuit inside. Such setup is very risky and can get confusing for people thus causing damage.

Bring electrician and install a proper change over switch + seperate socket for your generator, good quality change over switch, avoid installing cheap Chinese ones, at least go for something costing 1500 Rupees. The cheap ones will do the job too but I won’t recommend those.

[/quote]

x2 At leaast a manual changeover switch is highly recommended. I would further suggest to disconnect neutral as well through changeover switch.

+1 for your informative post.