Using a 350watt gpu on a 300watt power supply?

Yaar, i don't know the power rating of my power supply but I think it's a 300watt

My gpu needs a 350watt power supply

I am running it on that 300watt power supply

I want to know that is it possible that 350watt gpu can run on a 300watt power supply and what are the bad consequences that can happen?

Which card do you have?

msi 9500gt MD1G-OC/D2

dont worry dude

keep running there will be no probs

i ran my 400w card on 300 watt PSU

but my PSU turned off when i puted extra load on GPU

so i used to play games at minimum level of detail...

and thus my GPU and PSU worked fine...

so u shud also try not to put too much load on GPU

but its better that u buy some good PSU...

Sometimes my pc automatically shut down and when I turn it on, it stays off until I pull the power plug out and re-adjust it

So, is this psu fault or power cable?

Probably the psu. get some other psu. Its due to overload.

@Shoukat

playing games on lower level of details man you are disgracing the game. ;)

Lol

9500GT isnt a 350w card ... on load a WHOLE computer with that card wont draw more than 220w.

GPU ratings are WAYYY over rated!

It's a MSI 9500GT MD1G-OC/D2

It's written on the box it requires a minimum 350WATT of Power Supply

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Probably the psu. get some other psu. Its due to overload.

@Shoukat

playing games on lower level of details man you are disgracing the game. ;)

[/quote]

lol yea its disgrace

but now i have bought asus 550 Watt PSU and now i play games at full level of detail

lol yea its disgrace

but now i have bought asus 550 Watt PSU and now i play games at full level of detail

[/quote]

Which card you have?

It's risky because its all time recommended that you should get a PSU above your GPU requirements and you're going to run on below.

350watt GPU? Seriously? There are GPUs (graphic processors or even the whole graphic cards) that consume 350 watts per hour? Are the operating one horse power motor? :/

Yaar if shoukat says he has a 400watt card then can't there be a 350watt card

should i snap the box art or the user manual?

Yaar if shoukat says he has a 400watt card then can’t there be a 350watt card

should i snap the box art or the user manual?

[/quote]

Pardon my short knowledge, but I never knew that a graphic card can consume 350 or 400 watts per hour. It makes them power hungry devices, similar to water pump.

An MSI 9500GT? Only two cards in SLI use that much power as 350watt. What the package is recommending is that you at least have 350watt of power supply (in TOTAL), and not exclusively for MSI 9500GT.

But if you have a 300watt power supply, you should upgrade. If it's a chinese/unbranded power supply, then you will have frequent reboots - depending on your current power requirements and configuration of the PC. I recommend getting a CoolerMaster 460watt PSU which should cost you around 3.4k.

Yaar if shoukat says he has a 400watt card then can't there be a 350watt card
[/quote]

He often tends to exaggerate things and make claims out of thin air. I would take his posts with a pinch of salt ;)

9500GT isnt a 350w card ... on load a WHOLE computer with that card wont draw more than 220w.
[/quote]

Quoted for truth. However, a typical 300watt chinese power supply will still cause random freezes and restarts as the rated power will almost never be supplied.

He often tends to exaggerate things and make claims out of thin air. I would take his posts with a pinch of salt ;)

[/quote]

well mr asad

wud u like to explain ur argument… ??

with some examples?

u might wana read this thread http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=34516#p34516

@wampyr

dude its not only the GPU which is consuming tht much power

the power supply is for whole PC…

@ evil_dust

if u dont wana spend money

just keep going with ur current supply

but do like i said

run games in very low level of detail and ur GPU wont suck much power frm power supply…

if u get many frequent restarts in games

then it wud b better for u to buy a recomemded PSU…

Buy CoolerMaster 500watt PSU for future gaming proof (2-3yrs). Of course, if you don't have a UPS, then you might consider buying that first.

dude

my advice

buy asus power supply with active PFC

an active PFC asus PSU's input voltage is 115-240V

means u can give any voltage to it within this range and it ll work

in teh present pakistan conditions

voltages fluctuates very much...

and Cooler master power supplies cant handle them...

I've Radeon hd2600 pro 512md ddr2. It recommends to use 450watts psu, i'm currently using 500watts psu. I would also recommend you to do that.

@wampyr

dude its not only the GPU which is consuming tht much power

the power supply is for whole PC…

[/quote]

… and that is what I was thinking :)