Using 2 headphones on one pc/tv

i am living in hostel and i share one room with 2 friends of mine. i have one computer and one tv in my room. i need 2 headphones for one computer/tv. i want that i will use one headphone and my friend will use the other headphone while watching a movie or program at the same time and the other boys in hostel will not disturb beacause of sound. what is the method of using 2 headphones on one device at the same time. i need wireless headphone or wired headphone for this purpose? please tell me in detail that how can i use 2 headphones on tv or computer?

You need a 3.5mm to 2x 3.5mm adapter/splitter:

http://www.evselectro.com/connectors/audio-mono-and-stereo-connectors/connectors-3.5mm-stereo-plug-to-2x3.5mm-jack-adapter-3437

buy a creative xfi extreme music sound card and you can use 2 headphones with max audio quality..

99% times the splitter as mentioned above will split the left and right Chanel audio into 2 , so each headphone only gets one Chanel sound on both ears, which is a huge waste.. i have spent past 7 years for a solution for this and the cheapest easiest method is this xfi card..

if you have a latest modern mobo with a ALC 88x realtek sound card built in with 7.1 audio, that can also split audio in 2 seperate phone jacks..most 2014 and latter mobos are capable of doing so

if all else fails, there are powered headphone amps with multi jacks out which will amplify and split audio in many headphones..

also also, there is a belkin ipod headphone splitter, which looks like an ugly white star fish but splits audio in 5 headphones.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:3, topic:22009”]

99% times the splitter as mentioned above will split the left and right Chanel audio into 2 , so each headphone only gets one Chanel sound on both ears, which is a huge waste.. i have spent past 7 years for a solution for this and the cheapest easiest method is this xfi card..

[/quote]

Why spend 7 years waiting for someone else to provide a solution? Buy 3.5mm connectors and some cable to make a splitter yourself. It shouldn't cost more than PKR150/- max.

already had made many custom splitters, and even those with micro amps embedded in them..ready made splitters cost from 35 to 125 rs for good quality ones.. the problem with all of them was mentioned in previous post... further solutions to those problems were mentioned immediately after them., which became available in 2013 onwards.. for extreme audiophile level listening, such workarounds degrading volume and quality are not suitable for me.

^ Along with the problems mentioned, these cheap splitters don't care about impedance matching. If you got a Hi-Fi quality sound, those will ruin it. They are good for listening to AM radio or TV drama sound only.

As the OP has mentioned, he will use this for watching movies or programs in a hostel. Not some 7.1 channel dts audio or HD music. A Rs. 15-25 splitter will do I guess.

left and right channels get seperated.. one person will ear left, other will hear right channel... this is ok for analogue cable or basic 3gp video but for songs or even 720p and above movies audio will be inadequate..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:8, topic:22009”]

left and right channels get seperated.. one person will ear left, other will hear right channel... this is ok for analogue cable or basic 3gp video but for songs or even 720p and above movies audio will be inadequate..

[/quote]

Not at ALL .

i have just checked myself and both earphones are giving output same as well as left right channels are also working fine and same . the only thing which one should b careful is to use the same impedance of ear / headphones .