Uses of Google Chromecast in Pakistan

Lets discuss the uses of google chromecast and its alike devices like hdmi/android tv dongles. what are the uses and features and how useful these are in Pakistan with their specs and prices please. Someone who is already using or have the knowledge, please share with other fellows.

Thanks.

I am using it for a month now so let's discuss

Learning to take photographs in M mode, confuse with Aperture / Shutter speed / ISO.
Don’t have a clue yet lol !!!
Have Nikon D3100 & 18-55 lense

Chromecast works - just not the streaming apps (cause I believe you need to be connected to a VPN for them to work, which, I don't think, Chromecast supports). But I use it to mirror my desktop without using an HDMI cable.

I also use it to screencast my phone too.

Yes it's a good Device, but I don't know how to see the whatsapp videos you get on your phone on your TV

Learning to take photographs in M mode, confuse with Aperture / Shutter speed / ISO.

[quote=“sohailgagai, post:4, topic:21530”]

Yes it’s a good Device, but I don’t know how to see the whatsapp videos you get on your phone on your TV
[/quote]

Do you have the chrome cast android app? When you do, theres an option to cast the screen. That’s how.

Chromecast is very difficult to manage because of country restriction. If you want to watch NetFlix and other local files, try WD Media payer. It is very good for local files

I have Chromecast device since long time and I can sell it to you in 5,000. It was purchased and then never used because of country restriction.

I am now using Roku for streaming which is great and with remote also

My cellphone number is 0321-2527311

I have bought one Chromecast and I must say I was very disappointed with its quality. Seems like it was rushed to production, don't know about the hardware specs, but a newer firmware might improve user's experience.

There is plenty of lag if you are watching a video; also forgot about high quality streaming, it cannot even stream static screen in "ok" resolution. Further more it crops the screen.

Pay for shipping and I would mail you mine for free (from usa).

WHat exactly is disappointing about Chromecast? You could pay more (like double the price) and get a Roku device. What I know is that when you launch Chromecast for the very first time, it updates the firmware.

As for the lag - I agree, it can get a little disorienting, but I've noticed it depends on which device you use. When I mirror my phone screen, there's very little lag (it's not that it's not there, but it's like - maybe - 200ms delay) whereas if I were to use my Chromebook (gotten for free :P ), there's a half-a-second lag when I'm doing a tab casting.

Screen mirroring from the Chromebook is jittery - way more jittery than doing it from the phone - so that's why I'd rather cast the tab than the whole screen.

And the highest quality streaming you can get is 720p - they have two options within 720p as well (although the device connects to the TV on 1080p).

As for cropping the screen - that's a thing in your own TV. I've seen Samsung do it (I have a Samsung) and you have to fix the aspect ratio to have the full screen be broadcast.

AAAAaaand - they say that the casting feature is beta. If you were to cast an app, that works just as well as casting something from your phone.

[quote=“shahzadgodl, post:6, topic:21530”]

Chromecast is very difficult to manage because of country restriction. If you want to watch NetFlix and other local files, try WD Media payer. It is very good for local files
I have Chromecast device since long time and I can sell it to you in 5,000. It was purchased and then never used because of country restriction.

I am now using Roku for streaming which is great and with remote also
My cellphone number is 0321-2527311

[/quote]
Hi can you please help me where can I find media player in Karachi which one should I buy
Pls do sms me
0321-8290665

[quote=“sohailgagai, post:9, topic:21530”]

Hi can you please help me where can I find media player in Karachi which one should I buy Pls do sms me 0321-8290665 Learning to take photographs in M mode, confuse with Aperture / Shutter speed / ISO. Don't have a clue yet lol !!! Have Nikon D3100 & 18-55 lense

[/quote]

[quote="sohailgagai, post:9, topic:21530"]

Hi can you please help me where can I find media player in Karachi which one should I buy Pls do sms me 0321-8290665 Learning to take photographs in M mode, confuse with Aperture / Shutter speed / ISO. Don't have a clue yet lol !!! Have Nikon D3100 & 18-55 lense

[/quote]

I have Roku 3, Chromecast (never used), Western Digital LIve (playing hd mkv local files) and Samsung Smart TV for NetFlix and Amazon prime.

Roku 3 cost me about 15,000 and Chromecast cost me about 6,000 and Western Digital live cost me around 10,000.

All devices were purchased from eBay and Amazon using shipment service MyUS

So it means chrome-cast is of no work in Pakistan? what is the best alternative then? what about Chinese hdmi dongles available in the market? what are the options if someone just wants to turn his lcd tv into a really smart tv? which has wifi access or at least the phone and laptop mirroring option wirelessly.

You can use Chromecast to stream stuff from your computer onto the TV. There are loads of apps available for the cast, so you can check those out.

Of course, region-locked videos won’t work that well.

what are the alternates of chrome-cast locally available and useful in perspective of Pakistan?

Useful in perspective? Whose perspective?

means the functionality in Pakistan. how useful it is.

It depends on you. Its an alternative to using the HDMI cable…but not a replacement.

@guddu mian, anday beecho, jootay lo

anday bechon jootey loun? then must be a supplier.

[quote="attock, post:17, topic:21530"]

@guddu mian, anday beecho, jootay lo

[/quote]

Hello!

For all these products (upnp, dlna, airplay, miracast, etc ...) the important part is the wireless one for portable devices ... either the devices should setup a high speed ad-hoc wireless network on the fly or you should have a good enough router at your place providing the required bandwidth when content is to be transferred from one device to another ... in case of streaming from the internet, you should have a high speed broadband connection as well as the high speed wireless router!

(with the devices also supporting the high speed wireless spec of course!)

Regards,

Ahmed

I am using hotspotshield to use netflix on my android tv box and able to watch youtube on my tv without any problem . You should try it too