Username and Profile!

Hello All

I Just like to know

If my Profile set to 8mb for Example and i m Using 4mb package i will get 4mb speed right !...

But if i get my Friend 8mb username And Password and use it will I get 8mb speed ?

Please tell me Guys If its possible or not to Use other person username and password to get high speed if profile Set to High !

Thanks

RealOmi

I don't think so.

NO. not possible.

username and passwords are only for authentication purposes.

[quote=“RealOmi, post:, topic:”]

Hello All

I Just like to know

If my Profile set to 8mb for Example and i m Using 4mb package i will get 4mb speed right !..

But if i get my Friend 8mb username And Password and use it will I get 8mb speed ?

Please tell me Guys If its possible or not to Use other person username and password to get high speed if profile Set to High !

Thanks

RealOmi

[/quote]

Yes you can. Tried… tested… works. Package speeds are now locked to username of the subscriber.

my friend tried this but he did not succeeded.........

Its possible if you are Lucky, it doesn't matter that your port is set to 8mb or 10mb, PTCL uses double protection now, speeds are locked to usernames as well as your number.

[quote=“RealOmi, post:, topic:”]

Hello All

I Just like to know

If my Profile set to 8mb for Example and i m Using 4mb package i will get 4mb speed right !..

Thanks

RealOmi

[/quote]

yes works if u have profile of 8mbps and u use a user/pass of 8mb u will get 8mbps…

chechk this…my actual package is 1mb student

1354537313.png

PTCL will detect it ? and do something if i use Other username and password on my line ?

And way Hashim to play safe here ?

they won't do anything....but this username trick is not working any more ...they have binded many particulars to a number line...its more lyk number+port+account patching....it may still work for few but in general this thing has been implemented.

okay I Solve it :) mazahyr

i have 2 DSL at my home and 2 Modems

in my Old Copper Connection none of the username and password working The internet is Not connection.. I think They bind my old Line as you are saying they do that..but in my New line all the username and password Working fine :) its a new line Just install 1 week ago ;)

so i think i can use 8mb net :D

[quote=“RealOmi, post:10, topic:14873”]

okay I Solve it :) mazahyr

i have 2 DSL at my home and 2 Modems

in my Old Copper Connection none of the username and password working The internet is Not connection… I think They bind my old Line as you are saying they do that…but in my New line all the username and password Working fine :) its a new line Just install 1 week ago ;)

so i think i can use 8mb net :D

[/quote]

exactly…all the numbers by default are getting into a new security level designed by PTCL…they are working on it…I’ve some experimental experience with this thing…but this new number will also come under it very soon…till then enjoy!!!

By watching ur comments i took the username frm my friend that had a 2mb connection and entered the username in my adsl router (mine is 1mb student)but i was not able to connect to the internet. My downstream shows that i have 4mb connection it may be that ptcl has given me the port of 4mb conn but had limited my bandwidth through other ways and i was hopping that by entering a 2mb username i would be able to get 2mb speed :(. Can someone plzz help me and give his 4mb username so i can enter it and check.

Thanks

[quote=“abdullahaftab, post:12, topic:14873”]

By watching ur comments i took the username frm my friend that had a 2mb connection and entered the username in my adsl router (mine is 1mb student)but i was not able to connect to the internet. My downstream shows that i have 4mb connection it may be that ptcl has given me the port of 4mb conn but had limited my bandwidth through other ways and i was hopping that by entering a 2mb username i would be able to get 2mb speed :(. Can someone plzz help me and give his 4mb username so i can enter it and check.

Thanks

[/quote]

Bro how old is your Line ? Because i Think They Lock your speed in your Line already like Mine !

But in my new line its working :)

[quote=“RealOmi, post:13, topic:14873”]

Bro how old is your Line ? Because i Think They Lock your speed in your Line already like Mine !

But in my new line its working :)

[/quote]

Yar its just 3 weeks old. Any hope for me can u provide me with username of 4mb or 8mb so i can try my luck :(

[quote=“abdullahaftab, post:14, topic:14873”]

Yar its just 3 weeks old. Any hope for me can u provide me with username of 4mb or 8mb so i can try my luck :(

[/quote]

if its not Connecting then they Bind it !

3 weeks old line hmm Copper ? or Fiber ?

FIBER!!

[quote="RealOmi, post:15, topic:14873"]

if its not Connecting then they Bind it !

3 weeks old line hmm Copper ? or Fiber ?

[/quote]

FIBER

its not about how old the line is...its about which port and number series it is....some new numbers and ports a re pre-configured....so if ur new line is still working with different I.Ds its probably be a mistake..lyk out of thousands there are chances of skipping few ports...!

yar just tell me one thing i have a downstream of 4mb on my 1mb connection can i take advantage of this in some way???

(A few years back i applied for 1mb student but they gave me 2mb connection and i was just paying the bill of 1m i dont know how but then i had to terminate my connection :(

but it was 2 years back..

[quote=“abdullahaftab, post:18, topic:14873”]

yar just tell me one thing i have a downstream of 4mb on my 1mb connection can i take advantage of this in some way???

(A few years back i applied for 1mb student but they gave me 2mb connection and i was just paying the bill of 1m i dont know how but then i had to terminate my connection :(

but it was 2 years back…

[/quote]

things have changed now…they are cleaning the bugs now…