Used branded CPU with least power consumption?

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:13, topic:22483”]

well thats good news…

PS: if the PSU is rated at 150W, then that means the system may at MAX draw somewhere near 120W, since PF and heat and losses in mobo account for a lot, so if max draw would be 120, then comon purpose use would be between 70-100W, which is great.</p>

can you please provide some specs of what you saw? and if upgrading ram to 4gb or atleast 2gb, what was the highest price of their units in ichra? ie. max price ramge for their highest spec, ultra portable?

[/quote]

oh yes of course I forgot to mention specs before

For Rs.1900
P4 2.4 GHz

Ram - 512 (DDR2) expandable

HDD - 40GB

Don’t know about highest option try it yourself …

OK 100W is good enough I think I should go for it …

And these are avaliable in quantity just like hall road and hafeez center LOT shops

[quote=“ahmedfarazch, post:16, topic:22483”]

Hello Again!

If it’s just you:

Data Backup and Remote Access

- You could add another drive to your pc and enable File History if your version of windows supports it

- You could add another drive to your pc and set up (RAID 1) Mirroring (either via chipset or via OS)

- If you have good upload speeds, you can combine the previous with cloud storage backup as well (free storage might be limited in space though there are cheap plans)

- There are many tools for remote access (and syncing) to data but the OneDrive app can also enable remote access to files

Web Server

Depending upon bandwidth, no of pages to serve, etc…

- Developer boards are going to use less power (can be usually powered by mobile battery banks as well) and most come with great guides … see http://www.lemaker.org/ ( some direct guides for Banana Pi here and here )

Regards,

Ahmed

[/quote]

You could add another drive to your pc and enable File History if your version of windows supports it

- You could add another drive to your pc and set up (RAID 1) Mirroring (either via chipset or via OS)

Oh no…
I need storage separate from my PC accessible from multiple devices like my own cloud (i’m not interested in web cloud)

Cubieboad is a better option since it offers Sata but it is not available here … but in near future I have planes to order it over Aliexpress and give it a try …

Again these Tablets need a USB storage which I don’t trust I have seen malfunctions of USB based solutions in the past …

[quote=“noman89, post:22, topic:22483”]

You could add another drive to your pc and enable File History if your version of windows supports it

Oh no…
I need storage separate from my PC accessible from multiple devices like my own cloud (i’m not interested in web cloud)

Cubieboad is a better option since it offers Sata but it is not available here … but in near future I have planes to order it over Aliexpress and give it a try …

Again these Tablets need a USB storage which I don’t trust I have seen malfunctions of USB based solutions in the past …

[/quote]

See … now you are being little bit more specific and it’s helping to narrow down choices!

What about below ad on olx

http://www.olx.com.pk/item/mikrotik-thin-client-atom-pc-1-6ghz-1gbram-1glan-minipcie-pci-slot-IDTmrIx.html

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“jhagra, post:24, topic:22483”]

What about below ad on olx

http://www.olx.com.pk/item/mikrotik-thin-client-atom-pc-1-6ghz-1gbram-1glan-minipcie-pci-slot-IDTmrIx.html

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

great opportunity I wish I have it here in Lahore the guy also has dell fx130

finally purchased this machine from OLX for Rs.2000 withtout Hdd .... i don't know if it was a good deal but I purchased it enough specs to run any linux based solution .......

Dell OptiPlex fx160

CPU:Intel® Atom™ Processor 230 (1.60 GHz)
RAM: 1GB

Power Supply 50W 87% Efficient Power Supply

%24_75.JPG

Congratulations! The machine looks good, and the price is amazing.

According to the specs available here, you can jack up the RAM to 4GB -- which you should consider doing. Not sure about the maximum HDD capacity supported by the system, but it might not support more than 500GB -- unless there is some BIOS upgrade for doing that.

All the best.

[quote=“tsahar, post:27, topic:22483”]

Congratulations! The machine looks good, and the price is amazing.

According to the specs available here, you can jack up the RAM to 4GB – which you should consider doing. Not sure about the maximum HDD capacity supported by the system, but it might not support more than 500GB – unless there is some BIOS upgrade for doing that.

All the best.

[/quote]

Thank you for congratulating and wishing me luck. :)

and the real credit goes to @ahmedfarazch who provided OLX link to this machine, I wish if I could have located it in hafeez center it would have been better because then it would have more hours left in its life but anyway rather wasting 12hours in hafeez center I saved a lot of time.

It is indeed a superb machine it supports SATA 2.5" therefore I don’t think there is any limit to it, my maximum budget is for 500GB and it should work with it.

There is another option available at OLX for similar machine but the guy is asking for an insane price Rs.6000 with 160GB HDD if anyone else interested he should contact him for price without HDD.

Hi!

Congrats ... and you are most welcome ... wish you goodluck!

Regards,

Ahmed