Usb flash problem

i have a 4 GB flash. Now its data transfer speed is decreased. It takes too much time to copy data on flash from pc. i have tried low level format for flash but the problem is still there. is there any solution?

Which is your windows ?

chk if ur flash drive is write protect , if it is , there is no solution to unprotect it.

It happens with some flash drives after some time, you can say it as age factor!

--

Buy Corsair GT series usb flash extremely fast and has very good casing for protection.

Another reason could be is that you are using the front USB ports which usually use 1.1 as opposed to 2.0

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Another reason could be is that you are using the front USB ports which usually use 1.1 as opposed to 2.0
[/quote]

x2. Very important.

One more thing. Check the format of your flash disk. It should preferably be formated as FAT32 and not NTFS. NTFS has slower write speeds when writing multiple files.

--

You shoud read this:

http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/information/usb-flash-drive-comparison-part-2-fat32-vs-ntfs-vs-exfat/

This guy has done some pretty heavy testing with usb drives using NTFS and FAT32 file systems. Here are some of his observations:

"For Copying to the USB drive FAT32 took the least amount of time, with NTFS coming in second and ExFat taking on average the longest time to Copy to the drive."

"Copying From and Reading From the drives were very similar in their results though, most of the time the File Systems were close, with at points NTFS taking a bit longer while FAT32 and ExFAT were nearly identical.

"So in my opinion the all around best choice is FAT32, or the default for most all USB drives out there today, it seems to give us the best average performance overall."

In my opinion using FAT32 is the best bet since it is compatible with all the hardware / software and from the tests available on this page, seems a little faster as well. NTFS is only better for security purposes.

Always, buy well know company flash drive like kingsten,