US Dollar Check in Local banks?

Is it ok to deposit US dollar check in local HBL or any local bank's PLS / current account?

Or any special account required? Also mention charges if any.

last time i go to HBL with us dollar check they said open Dollars account first

UBL should be fine without a FCY account. It takes ~30 days though to clear the check.

[quote=“aamir098, post:2, topic:16539”]

last time i go to HBL with us dollar check they said open Dollars account first

[/quote]

Thanks Aamir,

I just called HBL helpline , first representative said you need foreign account then he asked the check amount and asked me to wait… after that he said I can go to my bank branch and deposit check but meet mngr there , i asked charges he said nothing. Lets see if branch accepts the check.

@kashifazeem Can you tell us the amount of check because they not allow me to deposit check in local account

[quote=“kashifazeem, post:, topic:”]

Is it ok to deposit US dollar check in local HBL or any local bank’s PLS / current account?

[/quote]

i have deposited about 25 US dollers checks from different companies from US into my Pak Rupess account , both at SCB and NBP…

just deposit it and they ll convert the dollers into rupess after their fees deduction etc,

but it takes around a month to 2 months…

[quote=“aamir098, post:5, topic:16539”]

@kashifazeem Can you tell us the amount of check because they not allow me to deposit check in local account

[/quote]

85$, May be its not that big amount that is why they allowing it.

[quote=“kashifazeem, post:, topic:”]

Is it ok to deposit US dollar check in local HBL or any local bank’s PLS / current account?

[/quote]

I have used local HBL Rupee account to deposit US dollar check and it worked most of the times. Just asked them to give you the form for the “foreign currency foreign check”. Fill the form, they might ask you to attach a photocopy of check and a photocopy of your CNIC card, including attaching the original check (keep a photocopy of your check for your record too). Expect something like 4 to 6 weeks to clear the check. Keep checking the progress after every 4 weeks (one month) by visiting your branch and inquiring about your check. Good luck.

Anything in $$ is tempting our banks so much these days. So do not get worried about. They will surely find out some way to have some foreign exchange..:)..Just stay in contact and again, TALK TO MANAGER...

In my experience, the bank just converts the US dollars into rupees and deposits it, but for foreign checks it can take a couple of weeks to clear and you lose a bit of money on fees depending on the bank.

[quote=", post:10, topic:16539"]

In my experience, the bank just converts the US dollars into rupees and deposits it, but for foreign checks it can take a couple of weeks to clear and you lose a bit of money on fees depending on the bank.

[/quote]

if you use Stander Charted Band then ever thing is ok because they clear foreign check in a day

Khurram Shahzad

Alaziz Online