[URGENT]Modem issue!

My Device Huawei Echolife HG510 restarts every time because of minor fluctuation at late night when i'm playing games on my PC. I live in the Karachi Defence area I have powerful gaming PC+I have it running on UPS. There are a couple of reasons I think why the modem keeps restarting after every 6-8 minutes at night:

1. Too much power consumption in house, because about 3-4 rooms have air-conditioning on by that time and another 3-4 in my cousins house next door in joint living, meaning sharing the same generator.

2. The device is hardware is too used up because i have been using the modem for a year straight now without turning it off, well in some rare cases I do turn it off when its too heated up.

3. The device software is outdated.

4. Theres a fault in modem settings.

5. The DSL fiber-optics cable is messed up.

There are things thats werid, one of them is my cousin who lives next door has the same modem as me. When we play game late night, its always me who gets disconnected when theres a minor fluctuation, it seems so unfair that we are in joint living, sharing the same generator and yet its me who gets effected.

How can this problem be solved?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My Device Huawei Echolife HG510 restarts every time because of minor fluctuation at late night when i’m playing games on my PC.
[/quote]

First of all, try shifting the modem to UPS and see if it improves the situation.

There are things thats werid, one of them is my cousin who lives next door has the same modem as me.
[/quote]

Simple - exchange your modems for a day or two and see what happens.

It is very very less likely that issue is related to used hardware and outdated software. This is something exteranl to device, I believe.

First of all, try shifting the modem to UPS and see if it improves the situation.

Simple - exchange your modems for a day or two and see what happens.

It is very very less likely that issue is related to used hardware and outdated software. This is something exteranl to device, I believe.

[/quote]

How do i connect my modem to a UPS?

buy a switch mode power supply just make sure that input is 110-220 ac

for output value look at back of modem

eg 12v dc 1 amp

look for it at regal saddar

how am i supposed to connect this to my UPS? is it possible?

bro simply plug this adaptor to your UPS wats so rocket science about that...if you are not able to figure it out, then tell us which part you are not able to understand.

Ok where should i plug that into this? Typical_UPS_back.jpg

hey look easy way out is if you have the male connector of the output for this UPS...then simply plug that in, snugly..Now cut the other end of the wire and place a female socket the one we usually use. And use the 2pin convertor for your adopter and there you go its neat and finish.

Here's a little reference:

image0205.th.jpg

image0204k.th.jpg

hey look easy way out is if you have the male connector of the output for this UPS…then simply plug that in, snugly…Now cut the other end of the wire and place a female socket the one we usually use. And use the 2pin convertor for your adopter and there you go its neat and finish.

Here’s a little reference:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5199/image0205.th.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9523/image0204k.th.jpg

[/quote]

okay what will i need to make this? cant i just buy this off the market or somethin’?

Bro if you can get one then okay...i simply had the cable i cut it and made it my self....u can do it too...!

i havent done this sort of work...but ill give it a try..

its very easy yaar he just cut a 30 rs cable nothing so scientific in it.

WTH? Why are you guys asking him to cut wires and #$%#? Harry555 just buy a bloody extension cord with space for 5-6 different plugs. Then plug everything into it including your PC, monitor, speakers, MODEM etc. and plug the extension into the UPS. How difficult is that???

WTH? Why are you guys asking him to cut wires and #$%#? Harry555 just buy a bloody extension cord with space for 5-6 different plugs. Then plug everything into it including your PC, monitor, speakers, MODEM etc. and plug the extension into the UPS. How difficult is that???
[/quote]

yea thats what im gonna do… but for that ill need to get that sort of stuff… cuz a male 2-pin wont go in a standard UPS, i need that cord to connect it, or maybe you’re saying there is another way to do this?!

btw i already have an extension box with 4-5 female 2 pin slots...

[/quote]

could you plz have look at his UPS’s output panel for further clearance of matter.!!!

alright..i got the work done by my electrician but the problem didnt go away..even after connecting the modem to a UPS... :S

now my guess is:

1. Its the adapter thats been causing the issue, not the modem nor the fluctuation(doubt).

2. The modem needs to be changed...has been overused.

3. It is the minor power fluctuation.

btw this problem never existed about 2-3 months ago...what could have ticked it?

btw this problem never existed about 2-3 months ago…what could have ticked it?

[/quote]

thats a definite adapter issue. The thing which caused this was a power surge, may be. Better get its adapter changed first. If things remain same then go for modem change.

@harry, come on man its just your adapter issue, it doesn't work on low voltage so router restarts. I had the same problem

Go to exchange and get your router replaced (i did today) or check the market to buy a broad input range adapter.

sir pls contact me in case of problem my contact number is: 0321-5854417 or email: jahangirahmed198@gmail.com thank u