Urgent help required by dying person

I got this from one of my friend who lives near my house. His cousin of 20 years old is suffering from Aplastic Anaemia and needs urgent medical treatment. I myself gave him blood last week. Spread the message and do what ever you can. Thanks

++++++++++++++++++++

Dear All,

Asslamoalikum

My first cosine, Muhammad Shehzad is suffering from " APLASTIC ANAEMIA" a disease which is related to bone marrow, body stpped making blood due to to less function of the bone marrow. Doctor suggested the only cure is bone marrow transplantation that cost around 1800,000 (18 lacks which is far away of our limit). You can see the two attachments which is self explanatory. We have so far collected approx 600,000 and still along way to go..

It is my request to please arrange or contribute in saving his life. You can direct donate on hospital patent's account mentioned below or can contact me (0333 2101054) for further detail

========================

Bank Name: Faysal Bank Ltd.

Title of A/c : National Institute of Blood Disease & Bone Marrow Transplantation(Muhammad Shahzad , M.R.No:13056)

Account No:02100060000629

Branch: Gulshan e Iqbal Block-02, Karachi. Pakistan

Swift Code: FAYSPKKA

OR

Bank Name : Bank Alfalah

Title of A/c : Muhammad Shamshad

Account No:003001010515

Barnch code :0030

Swift Code: ALFHPKKASFK

=======================

Please do the need full at your erliest . This will gives you a feeling of spiritual happiness and satisfaction.

Best Regards

Rashid Manzoor

++++++++++++++++++++

scan0019.gif

scan0013.gif

is this called "thalassaemia"?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

is this called “thalassaemia”?
[/quote]

No idea but may be you are right.

is this called “thalassaemia”?
[/quote]

Thalassemia is a genetic disorder which affects the translation of one of the chains of Haemoglobin.

Aplastic Anemia on the other hand is a condition in which bone marrow can’t produce enough blood cells. It might have been caused by some toxins, immune disorder, or hepatitis.

And I believe there are a few other treatments for this, though I am not sure how many of those are available in Pakistan. Bone marrow transplant is a risky and last-resort sort of treatment.

May Allah help him recover and get the help he needs.

Trust me! I am so glad to read Asad Ahmad's reply. Seriously, it feels extremely good to see that people keep good knowledge of such fatal diseases and blood disorders, or at least, trying to update themselves with such information along with IT, computers and other electronic equipment. I remember, a few years back, when I used to take this word "thalassaemia", people had no idea about it and even, exactly 7 years back, I was myself ignorant of it. I hope people should realize how pre-marriage CBC [complete blood count] is a must in order to prevent genetic blood disorders, not paying attention to such tests before getting married will result into such that the innocent baby coming into this world will have to pay the price of your negligence, self ego or what ever.

I can't say about Aplastic Anemia

, I will have to google about it, but I know enough of Thalassaemia, which is a disease of which there is no cure, yes, no cure, just a temporary treatment and that is regular blood transfusions on monthly or sometimes, 3 weeks basis, and, after 75 to 80 blood transfusions, iron chelation treatment, which is so damn painful for the babies suffering from it, ask me!

Bone marrow transplant

is a ray of hope in it, but not safe at all.

I can’t say about Aplastic Anemia

, I will have to google about it,

[/quote]

Take a look at this. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/aplastic/aplastic_whatis.html

Thanks for the reference.

The thing is that there are 1000s and 1000s of diseases, infections an blood disorders prevailing in the world. No one pays attention to them until and unless the person himself or someone in his/her immediate family, comes across it.

@ Alif:

I am a science student so I have a basic understanding of blood related disorders, though the two specific ones mentioned are not related to my course, but Biology is one of my interests so I know some out of course stuff. I have a brother like friend who has Haemophilia A and I know how much struggle it can be for these kind of patients when they can't have access to the permanent cure.

Edit: Well for that matter my friend, most people don't have a basic understanding of fever :). Blood/Genetic disorders come way after that.

are there other Hospitals available in karachi providing cure to this disease?

@ Alif:

I am a science student so I have a basic understanding of blood related disorders, though the two specific ones mentioned are not related to my course, but Biology is one of my interests so I know some out of course stuff. I have a brother like friend who has Haemophilia A and I know how much struggle it can be for these kind of patients when they can’t have access to the permanent cure.

Edit: Well for that matter my friend, most people don’t have a basic understanding of fever :). Blood/Genetic disorders come way after that.

[/quote]

You’re right that we have a long way to go in order to spread the knowledge. But, I am a firm believer of the fact that we are responsible for what ever we do and what ever we get in terms of difficulties as its written in our destinies. But, as far as genetic diseases are concerned and about which the doctors say that they are 100 percent preventable, like thalassaemia, the responsibility does lie on our shoulders. And, if a single baby comes in the world with thalassaemia major, then 200 percent their parents are responsible for their baby’s sufferings. In fact, what ever is related to hereditary disorders must be prevented, because, the kind of torture, both the child and his parents go through throughout its treatment, I think, only they know. Its painful.

^ I totally agree with you on this one. But at least in Pakistan we don't have many DNA screening options, and majority of population doesn't know which diseases are inherited and can be prevented from passing on to children.

On the other hand, in other countries Genetic engineering is so popular in a sense that parents would rther opt out for so called "Designer babies" in which you can choose a lot of your child's physical attributes. I had to write an essay on this in my GP paper but I at least wrote against it.

^ I would be very much interested in designer babies. If you could through some light on it.

^ Take a look at this: http://www.bionetonline.org/English/content/db_cont1.htm

@Asad-Ahmad I too am against it.