Upstream SNR

I have fiber optic line, I just recently upgraded my connection from 2 mb to 4 mb and I noted a major decrease of Upstream SNR.

Before upgrading to 4 mb my line condition was very good like SNR always stays at 30+, line attenuation was like 5-8

But now look at SNR UP

1z3p4ip.png

I tried to change modulation from adsl2 to g.dmt but both give same stats. Also before upgrade I never face disconnection issue usual connection uptime was like 5 to 6 days, but now within 9 hours it disconnected 12 times.

Please help

When looking at condition of the line, usually the downstream SNR is taken into consideration. The higher the SNR, the better and more stable your connection will be. Tell me, do you often face disconnections between sessions from time to time. Your downstration SNR looks pretty good to me, it's what I had before I upgraded to 8Mbps.

[quote=“jDk, post:2, topic:22300”]

When looking at condition of the line, usually the downstream SNR is taken into consideration. The higher the SNR, the better and more stable your connection will be. Tell me, do you often face disconnections between sessions from time to time. Your downstration SNR looks pretty good to me, it’s what I had before I upgraded to 8Mbps.

[/quote]

Hello,

Yes like I said within 9 hours it disconnected 12 times. You are right we normally consider downstream margin but having this low upstream margin I get slow upload speed as it does not sync at 1024 and also Im facing request timeout while browsing.

Some things to consider while trying to pinpoint the problem at hand:

1. No joints in cable coming to your DSL router

2. Pairs changed

3. Port refreshed

If all else fails, direct message PTCLCares at twitter. Despite what many people say about him, I've always observed that my issues were resolved a lot quicker whenever I asked for his assistance. Slow browsing and timeouts are due to the fibrecut near Egypt region, you'll have to wait till they fix it or relocated resources towards another alternative.

Downstream SNR Margin above 15 = Stable Internet.

Let upstream aside. Want Classy Upstream move to wireless

Hello!

If your router reports the bit allocation table, then, that would be quite helpful ... gaps would indicate a problem!

- Low SNR Margin could be due to poor Splitter/Filter performance or

- Power Scaling (scale back in this case) ... I have observed this issue on fiber/ONU lines specifically

What you may try to do is to add another splitter/filter to the one you already have so that Line Attenuation (especially for upstream) increases causing more Power to be used or you may increase the length of your line (like adding an extension ... coiled inside home) ... may seem counter intuitive, but, this has helped me get (more) stable connections!

Regards,

Ahmed