UPS Wiring & UPS Suggestion(s)

Hi experts, A month back my Chinese imported UPS got burnt. It was 800VA TCP. I got it repaired and installed again and it burnt again! Both time the FETs were replaced. Then I had an electrician look at the wiring. In one room recent wiring was done, had some issue and caused the problem. Further the electrician told me that the socket at UPS input had some short wire. He replaced the socket and UPS worked, recently same thing happened again :( Now i wonder how to avoid this problem? Kindly suggest:

1. Should I install a circuit breaker (or fuse) before UPS i.e its input? If yes, kindly guide which? Or anything else? Is it a recommended practice?

I am not interested in re-repairing of the UPS, as it is done twice already. So am interested in buying a new UPS now for which I require your guidance:

2. My power requirement is 480--500W. Only fans and lights!

3. I am interested in UPS rather than an inverter. The affected one is a modified sine wave, 0.63PF, 8A charger current UPS. I would prefer a better PF say 0.7 and 10A current charger

4. The budget is around 13k :)

5. I am Located in Islamabad

Kindly suggest any good brands and dealers in Islamabad, thanks :)

homage axiom model...1000 va is of 800 watts

Thanks, but i am more interested in UPS. How is your experience with inverter?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Dear simply get a voltage protector and plug ur ups in it ...chinese ups usually burn due to shortcircuit in wiring ... just put it and itll never burn ... sample pic attached ...

[quote=", post:4, topic:20959"]

Dear simply get a voltage protector (undervoltage-overvoltage protection) and plug ur ups in it ...chinese ups usually burn due to shortcircuit in wiring ... just put it and itll never burn ... sample pic attached ... appx price 1000 rs for good one ...

[/quote]

Thanks Ali Reza :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

PM replied..!!!

Isn't UPS and inverter sometimes the same thing since inverter is a basic feature of UPS?. When Homage speaks of Homage Inverter, it means of complete UPS module right??

Homage and other Chinese plastic box type (so called) UPS are basically Inverter + Charger. They simply call it "Inverter"

UPS - Un-interruptible Power Supply / Source, which is clearly not the case with Homage type have 1-2 seconds switchover time when shifting from WAPDA to Battery, thus by definition they are not Un-Interrupted. All your loads gets interrupted by the 1-2 seconds of No Electric Power.

Any true UPS will have either zero switchover (online types) time or very minimal 3-10 milli seconds only.

Do you recommend any good UPS? Cost should not be high.

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

Any suggestion please !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

^ PM replied..!!

Thank you Farhan !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -