UPS Recommendation (Saltec?)

I need a reliable UPS that will work for at least 2 or 3 hours, have an inbuilt stabilizer and support the following:

*1 PC with 19" LCD

*Modem

*Router

*Printer

*Speakers

*Cordless phone

Any idea on what VA or KVA I need to go for?

Also any recommendations on the brand? I have been looking at Saltec as an option. Anyone used these?

Also which battery type is better for this - wet or dry?

Thanks!

Printers (especially laser ones) cannot be used on UPS because they have a very high power draw.

Aim at 800-1.5KVA capacity with at least a 100-120AH SLA battery.

and moreover,remeber the UPS generates square-wave and it can completely damage your whole equipment..

If u want to go for sine-wave UPS,they will be far far expensive!!!!

It isn't a laser printer. I have a Canon PIXMA3000. I hardly ever use the printer but need to have the option in case of any urgent printing needs.

Ummm what is quar-eav and how can it damage my equipment?

actually all things in ur home are operating on sine-wave coming from WAPDA but UPS gives us square-wave output..that;s why u migt have noticed that fans start giving carckling sound on UPS..This is due to the fact that they are now on square-wave..

Similarly,all XBOX and PS3 are completely destroyed when operated on square-wave..

So better check the specs of all your components if they can be operated on square-wave!!!

^little bit technical but u might have got the crux!!!

:|

Oh! That explains the horrible noise the fans make.

I have the equipment on a UPS and it is a pretty crappy one at that so I guess my equipment can stand it. I am looking to change to a better one as I want at least 2 hours of back up time. The current one started at 2 and a half hours and ended up at 30 minutes within days. The UPS is most probably faulty as I have gone through 3 batteries with the same result and you know how warranty goes around here i.e. no warranty and no refunds once the money leaves your pocket.

Asalam O Alaikum all

Could anyone tell me from where i can find Genuine APC UPS ES-650VA (not made in china) in karachi and what about its price. Also does anyone know about Deutsche power UPS(made in germany).

My pc Specs are following :

Pentium IV 2.3 GHz, 1256 Mhz Ram DDR, no graphix card, 160 GB hard disk, 21" Dell monitor CRT (Power consumption of monitor : 140 watt), Sony DVD rom combo.

Is 650 VA is suitable for this configuration.

Saad saleem

Karachi

why dont u try Systek UPS

ESP-202 (S) 1.0KVA 1 to 1.5 Hrs Rs. 17,200/-

ESP-202 (E) Same 2.5 to 3 Hrs Rs. 22,600/-

UPS+battery, with 12months replacement warranty

http://www.systek.com.pk/

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

why dont u try Systek UPS

ESP-202 (S) 1.0KVA 1 to 1.5 Hrs Rs. 17,200/-

ESP-202 (E) Same 2.5 to 3 Hrs Rs. 22,600/-

UPS+battery, with 12months replacement warranty