UPS query

My inverex UPS is starting to die and I am planning to replace it with a new one. I am inclined to get a pure sine wave APC this time. Question is are APCs (and pure sine waves in general) available in 12v config? My old ups was 12v and whereas I know that 12v isn't efficient but I already have a fairly new dry battery and I obviously don't want to waste that investment (my understanding is that I'll have to get 2 new batteries and dispose\sell the old one since it isn't recommended to connect new batteries with old ones ... is this correct?).

1 - APC recommended minimum is 1500SUI which is 980 W and work on 24V

2 - Almost all APC are either 24V or 48V. not in 12V.

3 - as long as battery is fairly new, i.e. less than 3-4 months( for dry battery AGM), and you have not overloaded the battery a lot, then you can easily add another same battery of same specs. should work for a pretty long time.

Thank you for your reply.

My battery is not that 'fairly new', its well over an year old, infact its going to be 2 years old by the end of this summer :P its never reached the low state which makes the UPS squeal ... I guess that's not good enough?

@farhan bhai what is charging rate of 2200kv xl and 3kv model in original without any modification.?

Which is better made in china or made in usa.

Is xl model is in tower?

What is ur recommendations about apc2200or apc 3kva Please also tell me the model name and charge ing amper.

@hashmi1 as told u above that 1.5 kva sua1500i ll b enuf for u ... nowdays this ups is converted in 12 vdc setup but its not useful at all cux of its charging issues n other faults .... so in short if u want to buy apc ups then u hv to hv 2 batteries ... if ur dry battery is that old as u mentioned above then u can go for new 2 local made batteries upto 165ah ...

@Atiq Ur Rahman there is no made in usa in apc .. xl models comes in both TOWER and RACKMOUNT .......

i got an apc 1500 v ups. the ups starts to blink all lights when voltage is low ie below 218. when its between 224 to 254 it works ok. now for a few days the voltage fluctuates in dha lahore and my ups goes to all light blinking every 12-20 min and ups does not conduct electricity nor it goes to battery mode. . what to do????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote=“Dockash77, post:6, topic:22697”]

i got an apc 1500 v ups. the ups starts to blink all lights when voltage is low ie below 218. when its between 224 to 254 it works ok. now for a few days the voltage fluctuates in dha lahore and my ups goes to all light blinking every 12-20 min and ups does not conduct electricity nor it goes to battery mode. . what to do???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Reason : cux ov fluctuations the relays get stuck n this flashing occur n all ouput is gone…

Remedy : Try it by re-calibration from ur vendor or if this fluctuation thing prevails then get the relays replaced … job done!!!

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:7, topic:22697”]

Reason : cux ov fluctuations the relays get stuck n this flashing occur n all ouput is gone…

Remedy : Try it by re-calibration from ur vendor or if this fluctuation thing prevails then get the relays replaced … job done!!!

[/quote]

Is relay changing expensive??? Estimated cost???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

relay is not so expensive .. its the service charges that ll vary from company to company or u can say shop to shop .... i think it is between 3 to 5 thousand ....

What is formula to calc the back up time for 48 system ideal case

[quote=", post:10, topic:22697"]

What is formula to calc the back up time for 48 system ideal case

[/quote]

You mean 48v system?

Tell us about your complete batteries ratings i.e. Ah of battery and type of batteries

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

acid flooded battery like ags

1st system>>>>>>>>>> 48 v system, 100 ah 4 batteries, power factor 0.8, 500 watt load . tell me back up time ???

2nd system>>>>>>>>>> 24v system, 200 ah 2 batteries, power factor 0.8, 500 watt load . tell me back up time ???

tell me back up time of both 1st and 2nd system???

any reply please ................................................................

Same. Just add all the battery’s AH. Energy cannot be magically created. It will almost always will be sum of all battery’s capacity.

1st system will just charge ideally in half time and use double current to charge., Your energy bill and usage will be equal (almost). If you can afford then prefer the 48 Volt system due to its rapid charging.

500 watt load * .20 = 100 watt losses
so 600 watt total load on batteries

on 220 Volts : 220V * current = 600 W
so current = 2.7 A

for DC:

where to find apc
solar hybrid inverters in rawalpindi and islamabad

apc dont hv any inverter shinverter … it makes only ups … people are using it with cc and solar plates …

so it does not come with solar and any other good hybrid ups in market

no yaar … its a simple pure sine wave ups like other branded ups … only difference is that other branded ups are not meant for longer backups … so people ho r already using it when switched to SOLAR thy only buy plates n cc and APC works fines with thm … but if u r askin for hybrid thn APC has nothin to give u like that …

i am loking for hybrid and pure sine wave not like homage and other brands

Hello everyone
I have a UPS board F72 and by imran brothers I want to know how to connect it to battery and transformer please guide me about wiring it plz