Ups prices

Plz anyone tell me about ups prices in market?

6 months back I bought 195 amp battery for 9,500 & a local UPS for 8,000. Now I don't use it anymore as I have moved to an apartment close to Bilawal House where there are no power outages at all. I want to sell this kit but no one is willing to pay more than 6,000 for complete set.

195Amp battery? More like 95 Amp wet battery...

Islamabad Prices for 2KVA 1200watt Mercury Radiant 2000 10,500/- Battery Volta 130A 6500/-

I purchased around couple of days ago.

in my opinion UPS are not durable and after 6 to 8 months u need to trow tht crap out of the house and if u need to change the btry after season thn u shud calculate the total cost is higher thn the small gas generator.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

in my opinion UPS are not durable and after 6 to 8 months u need to trow tht crap out of the house and if u need to change the btry after season thn u shud calculate the total cost is higher thn the small gas generator.
[/quote]

That would be in ‘your experience’. My experience, even with desi UPS, has been considerably better. Though, you will probably need to change batteries after about a year of usage - at least I did.

[/quote]

I bought 500 watts ups in 2003 and used till 2006 June …low watt ups so i bought another one in June 2006 1800VA=1100 watts its working good for last three years and old one is also in working condition but not not in use. Yes its useless when theres a cable fault or Cyclone back in 2007 july in Karachi Jaha Poles Gir gayeee.Genset is Blessing so i bought 6 KVA Genset …

Exide 110 amps battery attached to Homage 1000v/600w gets very hot and takes hours for charging. I am using 4 energy savers plus 3 fans during load shedding. The setup was installed only 6 months back and the trouble started few days ago.

[/quote]

Get a good quality UPS and high quality SLA batteries.

[/quote]

those batteries are costly and thats y it is WISE to use a small gas generator.

That would be in ‘your experience’. My experience, even with desi UPS, has been considerably better. Though, you will probably need to change batteries after about a year of usage - at least I did.

[/quote]

yes that was the personal experience and so many other ppl’s too as u can read ion the thread here.

those batteries are costly and thats y it is WISE to use a small gas generator.

[/quote]

You can’t really blame the UPS for the person’s mistake of going for cheap ass batteries!

Jitna gur, utna meetha!

My 1.5KVA UPS at home has been going strong on 2 x 12V 100AH CSB SLA batteries (in series). IIRC, they have an expected life of 3 to 10 years depending on the battery series chosen. These batteries are much more expensive than other cheap Chinese SLA batteries but they last much longer. They have been working fine since the start of the new democracy… uhh… I mean electricity crisis.

the concept of UPS is incomplete without the batteries and to own a hi quality batteries needs more cash so it is wise to have a small genset instead of UPS ! dontt ake it on heart bro :) u can install 2 ups :)

[/quote]

China made gens for 1 kva can make ur life miserable if u land on a lemon in the Lot. If u knt afford a good brand and make such as orignal Honda the better stick with UPS + batteries. Just follow sane guidelines. Simple rule : higher capacity will require more time to get recharged. If Load shedding in ur area is more than six hrs a day keep ur ups as small as possible. 400 watts means 4 fans and 4 e/s lamps. Is there any expert on Batteries so I can ask him/her why electrolyte in Battery becomes fizzy (boiling) and heated up. What can be done for rectification?

^ You need a UPS capable of charging at higher currents to make the most of the time when electricity is available. To ensure, longer running time, install higher capacity batteries or put them in parallel depending on the requirements for your UPS but don't mix and match old and new batteries.

China made gens for 1 kva can make ur life miserable if u land on a lemon in the Lot. If u knt afford a good brand and make such as orignal Honda the better stick with UPS + batteries. Just follow sane guidelines. Simple rule : higher capacity will require more time to get recharged. If Load shedding in ur area is more than six hrs a day keep ur ups as small as possible. 400 watts means 4 fans and 4 e/s lamps. Is there any expert on Batteries so I can ask him/her why electrolyte in Battery becomes fizzy (boiling) and heated up. What can be done for rectification?

[/quote]

When the elctrolyte start to get all that hot and boiling , in most cases it require a battery replacement, this is what I ended up with.

I can never prefer a generator over UPS as I do not have any one available 24/7 to go on switch on and then switch off generator , as light goes here without any routine , no timings whats so ever (dha phase2 ext khc) , also I think always making sure that enough petrol/diesel is available or not is another tension you have to bear with generators. Baqi as Asad said , ‘Jitna Gur , utna meetha’ , it goes true for both ups and generator, if good batteries are expensive , same is the case for good generators.

but what if the UPS is not charged fully (bcz of load shedding hours or poor battery) and drained in the middle of the nite then whole of the family will suffer and there is NO option to have the lite !!

and i was referring the GAS genset and GAS is available everywhere in cities atleast. one more thing i wud say about the static or the EARTH shock possible from the Local made UPS also the freq is not sign wave too ! in genset no matter it is 1 kv or 0.7 kv there is nothing like that .

any how every person has its own experience.

PS :

several friends of mine are using 1 or 2 kv china made gensets and those are working fine , this is just the myth tht always china made gadgets are faulty etc . i also have one genset in my farm 3 kva on gas and i dnt think so tht i ever send tht for reparing etc , i have been using tht since 2 years almost there. load shedding in those remote areas are very common and daily running of that SWAN bran china made genset is about 4 hours.

I love to have sine wave UPS but the last time I asked the prices,it was 14k or 15k...so whats the rates now...sine wave UPS are more efficient and just get rid of annoying noise of fans..

^ Is it low capacity sine wave UPS cause higher capacity ones aren't that cheap? You can instead opt for modified sine/step-sine wave UPS which is better than step wave UPS and cheaper than equivalent full sine wave UPS.

but what if the UPS is not charged fully (bcz of load shedding hours or poor battery) and drained in the middle of the nite then whole of the family will suffer and there is NO option to have the lite !!

and i was referring the GAS genset and GAS is available everywhere in cities atleast. one more thing i wud say about the static or the EARTH shock possible from the Local made UPS also the freq is not sign wave too ! in genset no matter it is 1 kv or 0.7 kv there is nothing like that .

any how every person has its own experience.

PS :

several friends of mine are using 1 or 2 kv china made gensets and those are working fine , this is just the myth tht always china made gadgets are faulty etc . i also have one genset in my farm 3 kva on gas and i dnt think so tht i ever send tht for reparing etc , i have been using tht since 2 years almost there. load shedding in those remote areas are very common and daily running of that SWAN bran china made genset is about 4 hours.

[/quote]

yes I agree about the charging time , and I think there are more factors to it , like the area I live in (dha phase 2 extension) load shedding in whole day is no more than 4-6 hours distributed to 24 hours , so havnt faced any charging issue in last 9 months that I am using the ups from.

For gas generators again some people may face problem there as well in winters , like in Rawalpindi (Gulzarequaid) where I have been living before coming to Karachi , the gas pressures were too low (at least half of the day) in nov/dec/jan the peak winter months , and gas generators do not work on low pressures and same issue has been faced by some people I know in other parts of Punjab.

But as Karachi has no severe winters and I think no gas pressure issues as well due to that very reason here so gas generators should be all good here in Karachi or where ever there are no gas pressure issues.

For made in china stuff , ya I agree its a myth , actually they make stuff of each quality 1 to 10 (10 being best) , one can buy a grade 1 made in china stuff and say chinese stuff is bad or buy a grade 10 made in china stuff and can praise them. e.g. I have tents and some hiking stuff made in china (bought from US) its awsome quality , and most of the stuff china export to Europe , US , Canada etc is all super quality , most of the stuff coming to pakistan from china is based on our buying power and perception of our buying power.

Some how we are price contious society and not quality contious (in general) , but its changing.