UPS output 300V

I just tested this desi UPS I have with a volt meter and the output is 300V when there is no load on it, with a single fan the output drops to 280 and when I turn my PC on it comes down to around 240.

Is this how all these desi UPS's work?

My Desi Ups also behaves same ,

and working perfectly from 5 years without any problem .

Yes, Local UPS units behave like that. Mine used to show 260 V, with one or two fans and then around 250 with 3-4 fans. Now i have installed an APC unit. It constantly gives 220 V whether there is one fan or five fans.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I just tested this desi UPS I have with a volt meter and the output is 300V when there is no load on it, with a single fan the output drops to 280 and when I turn my PC on it comes down to around 240.

Is this how all these desi UPS’s work?

[/quote]

out of the box yes this is pretty standard operating procedure, but you can fix this problem by installing a different set of variables ic’s. just ask your local ups dude to adjust the variables and make it so that the maximum output is 250v.

All Hail 'Desi UPS' ... lol :D

listen guys as u all know Desi UPS r made by illiterate guys they don't know any Theory + Maths + Technology, so Desi UPS r highly Dangerous for ur sensitive Electronics Equipments, In local crappy UPS there is no voltage regulator + no protection + Square wave + Power Charger that consumes massive amount of wapda Electricity,

According to me the people who use Desi UPS r Stupid

Regards

Engr Asad Hameed

I don't think you should use your desi UPS on your PC. I have a desi UPS too and I only hook it up to some of the lights and fans in my house.

Just loving the term "Desi UPS".... rofl

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

According to me the people who use Desi UPS r Stupid

Regards

Engr Asad Hameed

[/quote]

wow that way pretty straight forward, as a desi ups user i agree with you my good man that i am certifiably stupid looney.

since this is the first time i have read that there is like 300 volts coming out so i checked mine, my multimeter showed me 278 volts at no load and as i kept turning on lights and fans like 5 energy saver and 4 fans voltage dropped down to 193 volts. since our ups only get used for couple of minutes in between the time duration when electric goes out and generator gets turned on, so anybody in the house hardly pay attention to the ups besides checking battery acid water level in every 2 to 3 week. but it stays on 24/7 i mean charging, given what i learned here man my family might have thrown thousands of rupees in bills to electric company in last 4 years or so. i am getting rid of ups for good now.