UPS or Laptop

Everyone knows bad light situation and my work is effecting since 1.5 years, so i am planning to get UPS or Laptop.

I need ur reviews which will good for laptop my budget is less than 50 or max 50,000.

Someone says laptop is good decision but when i look its expensive and will give only 1 hour or 1.5 hour battery then i choose UPS but some friends says, ups will not do the rest becoz ups will not fully charge?

My work : webdesigner/developer, websites, freelancing, and learning new web media.

Go for a laptop. Galaxy has a Dell Inspiron 1545 variant with three GB RAM for 50500 on order.

Yes go for a laptop. ACER ASPIRE 5735 is also good with 3 GB RAM for 49500 on galaxy

But both needs battery charging then why not UPS .. it seems i will choose LAPTOP as most votes are for LAPTOP.

I hear mini laptops are not good , how much battery time i can get in 40-50k laptop.

No, mini laptops are better IMO.

Anyway the battery backup time of the laptop i've mentioned above is more than 2 hours.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

No, mini laptops are better IMO.

Anyway the battery backup time of the laptop i’ve mentioned above is more than 2 hours.

[/quote]

I hear good reviews for dell so i need dell , what about hp mini

UPS is cheap and good if you are not used to use Laptop , With laptop you will require extra power too to backup DSl router so i will prefer you UPS instead of Laptop , no one can use laptop without fans on these days ,

Actually there is another option...

you can buy a generator, convert it to gas & then use it whenever needed.

i will sugest u too buy a laptop

Buy a laptop. UPS wont charge enough in one hour if you are a victim of 10101010 type loadsheding.

I hear good reviews for dell so i need dell , what about hp mini

[/quote]

i have a acer aspire one runs pretty solid i can do abt 2.5 hours on the battery with wifi on and me browsing the internet

x2

UPS is cheap and good if you are not used to use Laptop , With laptop you will require extra power too to backup DSl router so i will prefer you UPS instead of Laptop , no one can use laptop without fans on these days ,
[/quote]

Laptops require significantly less power than a normal PC. Also a good quality dry battery UPS would only last for max 45 mins with LCD monitor.

As for desi UPS, I am really not sure if it is uninterrupted for PCs or not!

Depends on your requirement, if you need to be online too then ofcourse Laptop alone can not solve your problem , unless you decide to use dialup.

But if you only need a working system to do your work and being online is not your primary requirement then you can go for laptop, see if you can get one with 9 cell batteries, by default most are 6 cell though, I have a dell inspirion 6400 from some time with 9 cell bettery it do give me 3 to 4 hours uptime on battery (though yes it depends on what you are doing on your laptop), and the good thing about dell inspiron (atleast with the model I have) the 9 cell battery size is same as 6 cell battery, i.e. nothing bulky ugly popping extra from your laptop that I have seen with some other brands using 9 cell batteries.

[/quote]

I am not use too with Laptops even i never use Laptop, and friend told me that i can use PTCL DSL modem with laptop … how i do not know when power will offer!

I have UPS for room fans and lights but not for pc as it is new so it works good.

i have a acer aspire one runs pretty solid i can do abt 2.5 hours on the battery with wifi on and me browsing the internet
[/quote]

How much that cost u from where are u ? ( i am in lahore)

Buy a laptop. UPS wont charge enough in one hour if you are a victim of 10101010 type loadsheding.
[/quote]

After one hour light is going since last month and it will remain till ramadhan then they will show they are kind to us. Lets see next year what they will do when ramadhan will in july end. [nature can never change]

[/quote]

i got it for 28k and i m in islamabad

If you want to work while light is gone then the best suggestion is to get an auto generator and then convert it to gas. But if you want to just save your work when light goes off you should go for Laptop it will be better iMO then to buy a ups. Even if you buy a ups it will require dry battery to stop system from restarting and it wont give you much backup time if you are using monitor, in that sitaution get a tft lcd it is energy efficient.

go for ups

Get both:

Buy a used (new model from Dubai)HP laptop for less than 40K,

then use the rest to buy a UPS,

and if still some monies left, then upgrade your RAM.

^intelligent thinking!