UPS & inverter

There is how much difference in the price of ups and inverter? I should use sine wave inverter instead of that inverter which will reboot my computer when the electricity goes down? UPS is expensive than sine wave inverter?

You may use Inverex / Homage / Cyberpower / Socomec or equivalent inverter they usually work as UPS and computer will not reboot. however no need of sinwave UPS for computer to avoid interruption. you can use step sine-wave UPS of any good brand apc/mge or local companies.

[quote=“hasanevanof, post:, topic:”]

There is how much difference in the price of ups and inverter? I should use sine wave inverter instead of that inverter which will reboot my computer when the electricity goes down? UPS is expensive than sine wave inverter?

[/quote]

Brother whatever you do but never buy a "homage inverter" its quality is degraded from the one it was first introduced and above all the customer support is pathetic Staff has insulting attitude (Specifically talking about my experience at Lahore customer center Abid Market,Mozang)

and They never pickup phone

i totally agree with jamal. they are built of poor quality, specifically their latest axiom model got a lot of complains. i returned my homage axiom 1002 to my dealer after six months usage since it burnt my ceiling fans , savers and other appliances. all chineses inverters got poor customer service including homage.

[quote=“rizwansadiq, post:2, topic:21547”]

You may use Inverex / Homage / Cyberpower / Socomec or equivalent inverter they usually work as UPS and computer will not reboot. however no need of sinwave UPS for computer to avoid interruption. you can use step sine-wave UPS of any good brand apc/mge or local companies.

[/quote]

Thanks for guiding. I need the inverter which will not reboot my computer when the electricity goes down like sine wave inverter. You suggested me to use inverex / homage / cyberpower / socomec or equivalent inverter that will not reboot my desktop computer. What is the advantage of using inverex / socomec or any inverter which will not reboot the computer instead of using the sine wave inverter?

Cyberpower is very good, expensive and not that power efficient but still very high quality.. APC is great.

price difference between ups and inverter is because ups does inversion AND charging at same time.. a pure inverter will only do inversion.. not charging.

Sinwave UPS essentially required for inductive loads because inductive loads hate modified sinewave or step-sinewave toplogies, Bio-medical equipment such as dialaysis, ventilators machines which contain motors and used for life saving require sinusoidal waves to work properly. SMPS loads like computers, Fax machines, Visual displays has no effect of modified sinewave or sinewave because they directly convert AC to DC for their further conversions. For home usage only ceiling fans may be affected little but you can use fan dimmer at high speed when in inverter mode to avoid minimum distortion affect of step sinewave.

High end UPS systems like GE/MGE/Liebert/APC are dual conversion pure sinewave UPS systems and they have no such complexities, however if you are interested to go for economical sinewave then search for used APC line interactive smart series UPS (CHG modified) which are value for money.

is there any difference in the price of inverter which will reboot my computer and that inverter which will never reboot my computer when the electricity goes down?

PM replied