Ups instalation probelm

can any 1 help me to connect my ups to my which cable are required i have only ups no cable are with me tell me which cable i need to start this ups it have 800 va capacity,how can i post pics on this or upload on this

Get some electrician or computer hardware guy to do this job on your place. Or take your PC + UPS to computer hard shop and ask them how to connect.

Uploading pics is not going to help you. If you connect wrong wire then you can have a baked PC and blame on us.

Pay a little to proper electrician to have proper job done.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Get some electrician or computer hardware guy to do this job on your place. Or take your PC + UPS to computer hard shop and ask them how to connect.

Uploading pics is not going to help you. If you connect wrong wire then you can have a baked PC and blame on us.

Pay a little to proper electrician to have proper job done.

[/quote]

ur suggestion or good dear connecting ups is not a big job if some is using it he will tell me it easily it have two cable required to connect it 1 is a male female cable which is used in our cpu power supply and connect it to our monitor the other cable rs232 serial port 9 pin cable if some 1 tell me it properly it is easy but i heared that ups require some type of software i want to make it clear that are they require any type of software or not

ur suggestion or good dear connecting ups is not a big job if some is using it he will tell me it easily it have two cable required to connect it 1 is a male female cable which is used in our cpu power supply and connect it to our monitor the other cable rs232 serial port 9 pin cable if some 1 tell me it properly it is easy but i heared that ups require some type of software i want to make it clear that are they require any type of software or not

[/quote]

If there is a cable that connect UPS to serial port (RS232) of computer then some software on CD disc might have come with UPS. Windows has built-in support for UPS but still need UPS manufacturer’s software to properly work.

For Windows built-in UPS support, goto:

Start -> Control Panel -> Power Options -> UPS (tab)

thanks a lot google ups is working without r232 cable but my control panel is not showing status of ups battery i think if i conect r232 cable than it might be posssible to view battery status

thanks a lot google ups is working without r232 cable but my control panel is not showing status of ups battery i think if i conect r232 cable than it might be posssible to view battery status
[/quote]

Connecting RS232 cable to computer is not needed for UPS to work. It is only needed for battery status and/or automatic shutdown/hibernate of Windows. However, you might need proper software from UPS manufacturer to properly show battery status and other functions

Connecting RS232 cable to computer is not needed for UPS to work. It is only needed for battery status and/or automatic shutdown/hibernate of Windows. However, you might need proper software from UPS manufacturer to properly show battery status and other functions

[/quote]

i know the role of r232 cable i have bought this cable in 90 rs when i pluged this cable to ups it shut off the pc in 6 seconds although no power failure to ups what is this?any 1 knows after that un pluged that cable and put ups directly to power supply now its fine,how can i check the battery status of my ups ,i dont know the manufactrer name bcoz it is a used ups which is given to me by my freind,it has something …power name of brand it is 800 va can any 1 tell me the backup time for this or how can i calculate backup timings for ups