UPS help

i have a good for nthng Alfa 600VA UPS model 5306.. i got my self the comunication cable.. but i cant find any software on the web or anywhere in ths wrld... add some ups frm power options and the cmputer shutsdown after some secnds.. if any1 has a solution thn pls forward it here :D

Google Rups 2000

yeah rite .................................

We had a very useful ups thread before the forum got hacked. Try searching for a cached version of it on google or yahoo.

u can try archive.org they have archives for most websites maybe they have an archive for this forum

edit: Just checked archive.org they dont have a cache for wiredpakistan.com/forums

UPS by APC

i am in market looking for a reliable UPS - with up-time about 10 minutes (should be ample time - 4 me to go start our generator) - i came across products by APC (American Power Conversions) - with bunch of resellers in KARACHI

has any one of you ever bought - any UPS by them - any suggestions

- Bart

APC is a good UPS company.

APC is very good, and very expensive also.

well - i rather spend money once on a good product

so btw : 700VA model is going for what? any ideas - lemme guess Rs. 30000

APC make decent UPS's but make sure their replaceable batteries are readily available in your city through a reseller or distributor. Also, although APC will offer a X-years warranty, double check the warranty the actual distributor or reseller will offer, it will usually be no more than 6-12 months. Whenever possible, buy from the authorized distributor and NOT a reseller.

only page 1 is available from google, that to won't be there for long, copy paste it if possible

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:qhjyKltHvCQJ:www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Fpid%3D30566+site:www.wiredpakistan.com+generator&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2

other important thread about generators is completely lost

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:iUpNjpSjGBAJ:www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Fpid%3D15967+site:www.wiredpakistan.com+generator&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:qob9q9RWxj8J:www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php%3Fpid%3D15512+site:www.wiredpakistan.com+soul+generator&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2

Good find Salman. Man I feel pissed at the hacker. What a lowlife, we had a lot of very useful info online.

I filled in my wet batteries of the UPS today (with "battery water" from an auto shop - pink in color), and when 2 hours later, power went off, the UPS exhausted in 15 mins. Since then, it's always charging. Have I messed up the batteries?

Nopes. Totally normal, give it some time. After using it for a couple of days it'll get back to slightly less than normal.

i just bought Systek Excelsior 1KW for Rs. 14000 and it gives me a backup of 1&1/2 hr.. this is bcoz of the heavy system specs and 17 inch LCD

thanx for all replies -

mind you - back up time is not important - 10 minutes max - (i use generator for powering up the house) - can any one tell me about the availability of APC's UPS replaceable batteries

Check APC's website, they list their distributors as TechnoVision Pakistan, contact them and ask.

Good luck and post back your answer here =)

I am looking for a UPS for my modem / router too!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Check APC’s website, they list their distributors as TechnoVision Pakistan, contact them and ask.

Good luck and post back your answer here =)

I am looking for a UPS for my modem / router too!

[/quote]

@Raza, try searching for Riello UPS 600VA , its pretty nice , comes with a communication cable and software for Windows , OS X , Linux & Solaris! and a communication cable as well as RJ 11 port too , so its pretty nice! It costs around 6000Rs. for the 600VA afaik.

-junaid

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

thanx for all replies -

mind you - back up time is not important - 10 minutes max - (i use generator for powering up the house) - can any one tell me about the availability of APC’s UPS replaceable batteries

[/quote]

These are available. I got mine replaced in Nov 2006 from the shop where I bought the UPS. He got it replaced from APC local support and it is working well.

Anyways the batteries are no big deal. You can put any sealed maintenance free batteries as long as they are as per specifications (Volts and Ah rating) and design (battery contacts).

thanx for all the replies guys