UPS for COMPUTERS?

I want to know about the UPS that are specially designed for the computer and tv stuff!!!!??

I have a UPS but my father didnt consider to have a computer and tv connection with it,so i am planning to have ups whose power is about 200W due to which computer and tv can become ON without any delay..

I have heard about it...any1 having info about it and its price!!!????

200W? That won't be able to run the PC and TV.

i think so it would be around 250W..leave tv..only computer!!!!200W enough for computer!!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i think so it would be around 250W…leave tv…only computer!!!200W enough for computer!!!
[/quote]

My cousin has a UPS which is 400W cost Rs. 6300 made APC 1 year warranty, Runs for around 15 minutes

r u sure!!!it works well for computer type stuff!!!!

yea APC will work well for computer type stuff...

good thing about imported UPS is they usually come with software that can automatically shut down your PC in case of a power outage...also have surge protection built in...

r u sure!!!it works well for computer type stuff!!!
[/quote]

It is specifically for computer. Another one for home cost around Rs.25,000.

yeah but 15 mins aren't enough wat about an hour.

one thing i was wondering what if you use two big batteries on a less power ups like say 500watts. wont it be better than a 2000watts ups with one battery. i mean the battery is the only thing which is providing juice, won't it be better having 2 batteries. its just a thought what you guys think.

wel guys if we use a big batery with smal apc ups which has built in small batery and gives backup time of abt 3-5 minutes then wil it work fine

merge all UPS Threads into one single thread like the generator Thread,its getting too confusing

wel guys if we use a big batery with smal apc ups which has built in small batery and gives backup time of abt 3-5 minutes then wil it work fine
[/quote]

has anyone actually tried this?

and how many WATTS can that apc ups give us?

---- Big Truck Battery with Desi UPS ---> APC Imported UPS with Backup ~5 minute ---> PC

Has anyone tried above combination??? Can APC handle Square waves of Desi UPSes?

i have been using a APC UPS 1100 W which i purchased for 11500 Rs back in Dec last year with 2 batteries each 245 AMp Hour. The UPS is working extremely good. APC is top notch.

Keep in mind that the original APC UPS came with dry batteries but my electronics guy removed the dry batteries and took the wires out to be used with Wet batteries.

ok so an 1100W APC UPS can run a lot of stuff...

but has anyone run that small 600va-ish APC ups on wet batteries for longer than just 10 minutes?

i have been using a APC UPS 1100 W …
[/quote]

is that the 1.5 Kva rated model?

Actually there are many types of UPSs. The major categories are pure sine-wave, modulated/simulated sine wave and square wave UPSs. The pure sinewave category is pretty expensive and is required for electronic equipment which require under 2 ms power shifting difference, namely computers and other microchip based equipment. However, for a tv, you don't need a pure sine-wave, modulated sine-wave UPSs are absolutely fine, you won't even feel much difference on the screen when the UPS switches on. However, this is only for those TVs which are at about 100 or more, I think in normal 50Hz tv, there should a little flicker, not much of a problem I believe.

Then comes the square wave UPS, the most rugged kind of UPS. Used for lighting and fans. The fans also make a special kind of whee whee noise using this UPS. The modulated sine-wave UPS also makes the fans make the same noise but it is comparatively lesser, and the pure sine-wave UPS make only very little noise with the fans. The noise factor also depends upon the amount of charge which is still stored in batteries.

On another note, the batteries of UPSs are set to either 12v,24v or 48v. But all batteries available on the market are 12v, Lead Acid Batteries. So for a UPS that uses 24v you MUST have TWO batteries connected in series. Usually the batteries store upto 50 amps. A 1000W/1200 Kva UPS connected for example, at a load of 800W consumes P=VI, where V is 220v (in pakistan) then 800=220I, and I is approximately 4A, since at higher wattages, the voltage tends to reduce, e.g. 220 would become 200 (normal UPS, good UPSs voltage pretty much remains the same). For UPS, which use 12v to 220v conversion one battery also suffices but the amount of charge stored is reduced (1 battery) so the UPS provides power for a lesser amount of time.

For time conversion, do the calculations with the total power in KWHs.

^ gr8 post man...

Actually there are many types of UPSs. The major categories are pure sine-wave, modulated/simulated sine wave and square wave UPSs. The pure sinewave category is pretty expensive and is required for electronic equipment which require under 2 ms power shifting difference, namely computers and other microchip based equipment. However, for a tv, you don’t need a pure sine-wave, modulated sine-wave UPSs are absolutely fine, you won’t even feel much difference on the screen when the UPS switches on. However, this is only for those TVs which are at about 100 or more, I think in normal 50Hz tv, there should a little flicker, not much of a problem I believe.

Then comes the square wave UPS, the most rugged kind of UPS. Used for lighting and fans. The fans also make a special kind of whee whee noise using this UPS. The modulated sine-wave UPS also makes the fans make the same noise but it is comparatively lesser, and the pure sine-wave UPS make only very little noise with the fans. The noise factor also depends upon the amount of charge which is still stored in batteries.

On another note, the batteries of UPSs are set to either 12v,24v or 48v. But all batteries available on the market are 12v, Lead Acid Batteries. So for a UPS that uses 24v you MUST have TWO batteries connected in series. Usually the batteries store upto 50 amps. A 1000W/1200 Kva UPS connected for example, at a load of 800W consumes P=VI, where V is 220v (in pakistan) then 800=220I, and I is approximately 4A, since at higher wattages, the voltage tends to reduce, e.g. 220 would become 200 (normal UPS, good UPSs voltage pretty much remains the same). For UPS, which use 12v to 220v conversion one battery also suffices but the amount of charge stored is reduced (1 battery) so the UPS provides power for a lesser amount of time.

For time conversion, do the calculations with the total power in KWHs.

[/quote]

Dude r u an engineer or something =)

A Little Info Cant Kill Anyone Sameed....

A Little Info Cant Kill Anyone Sameed…
[/quote]

lol :D, nice work ja ja, got to learn a few new things :)