[UPS charging]

I have connected Homage 660 Watts UPS with 210 volta battery.. its working & charging good...I got a stabilizer of 1000VA .. in the line mode when UPS is charging the battery the LED in UPS shows the voltage of 200 and in nights it shows 185-186 ...if I connect the stabilizer to UPS it will boost up the current for the charging above 200 or this stabilizer won't work with it?? Its 1000VA stabilizer

[quote=“koder, post:, topic:”]

UPS shows the voltage of 200 and in nights it shows 185-186 …if I connect the stabilizer to UPS it will boost up the current for the charging above 200 or this stabilizer won’t work with it?? Its 1000VA stabilizer
[/quote]

It will not boost your battery charging. Homage UPS is basically an inverter + charger, and the charger is SMPS type which is designed to accept lower input voltage without compromising the performance. A good UPS should switch to battery when AC input is too low but I am not sure if this feature has been built in Homage or not.

Ok right... the voltage is good I guess.. the led is showing 207 / 207 voltage in charging mode.. ok i won't connect the stabilizer with it..Ijaz sb after how much time I should check the level of water in the battery and which water will you recommend for volta 210 amp?

[quote=“koder, post:3, topic:15154”]

after how much time I should check the level of water in the battery and which water will you recommend for volta 210 amp?

[/quote]

You should keep checking the water level at regular intervals initially, say after one week. Then you will realize that your battery may need to be checked after 3 or 4 or 5 weeks. Some chargers are so good that you don’t need to check the battery for months. But it is always good to keep checking.

For battery, the best water is Distilled Water, which is hard to find. I personally boil the water for 30 minutes, cool it down and then filter it to use with batteries.

Alternatively, you can collect rain water and filter it to remove dust. Rain is a natural distillation process.

Allright... tell me one thing..this homage is continuously charging the battery ,I mean there are 4 bars in which 3 are not blinking and the last one which is 4th bar is blinking.. its not stopping ..the battery is also throwing little bit acid from the battery lid hole,whats the reason for it? since 11am the light didn't go.The battery should have been charged by now...what do you say?

[quote=“koder, post:5, topic:15154”]

I mean there are 4 bars in which 3 are not blinking and the last one which is 4th bar is blinking… its not stopping …whats the reason for it? since 11am the light didn’t go.The battery should have been charged by now…what do you say?

[/quote]

I personally don’t have Homage so not sure but what does the user manual (if any comes with the product) say about this 4th LED blinking. May be it is showing “trickle charge”…

From the status of LEDs which you told me, common sense says that battery has been 75% charged and is still getting charged.

So battery throws a bit of water from its tap when its charging? It has threw 2-3 drops I guess and stopped.This trickling charging should stop or this battery is too big to be charged fully.