UPS charging through car

Does any one has experience of ups charging through car dynamo. Actually a are facing long frequent breakdowns due to which ups battery cannot provide backup.can it have any negative impact on car charging system?

UPS batteries are generally car batteries so you can charge ur battery with car dynamo..

just 2 cents.

don't know y u want to charge ur battery via car??? your UPS has no Charger ?? i don't understand what u r trying to do

He has mentioned frequent electricity outages, so what his UPS charger will do when there is no electric supply?????

Thanks zeeshaan I will try it after necessary preparation. Does it need any extra precaution such as reverse voltage protection

[quote=“zeshan, post:4, topic:15421”]

He has mentioned frequent electricity outages, so what his UPS charger will do when there is no electric supply???

[/quote]

nice

Lead Acid Battery usually take 4 to 5 hours to charge completely right this guy will burn fuel like hell to charge his batteries or he will run his car on Motorway from Islamabad to lahore then again lahore to Islamabad just to charge his battereis, after putting such an effort he will be able to get a fully charged batteries,

it doesn’t make any sense to me. . . .

what a waste of Money just a lil common sense man

Regards

Engr Asad

[quote=“adnan3986, post:, topic:”]

Does any one has experience of ups charging through car dynamo. Actually a are facing long frequent breakdowns due to which ups battery cannot provide backup.can it have any negative impact on car charging system?

[/quote]

It is better to buy an 12 DC Volt extra battery of 240 AH for 1 KVA UPS if you need long back up and a Fast Rapid Battery charger to charge it when electricity is available.

I think a good Rapid charger is around Rs. 4000 to 6000 or more.

Google4u

@hameeds01

you are correct but condescending <_<

@adnan3986

You may consider getting a small 600VA generator for charging your battery or a rapid charger as google4u mentioned or a solar panel if you can afford one

[quote=“zeshan, post:8, topic:15421”]

@hameeds01

you are correct but condescending <_<

@adnan3986

You may consider getting a small 600VA generator for charging your battery or a rapid charger as google4u mentioned or a solar panel if you can afford one

[/quote]

@Zeshan

UPS do not charge battery on small or China made generator due to unstable frequency. I do not know about desi UPS but I am talking about branded UPS.

Google4u

It means charging of battery is no harm except fuel consumption but instead of charging the battery can it be connected directly to ups for supplying backup. Sometimes in scorching heat when there is a long breakdown prefer going out for a ride rather than staying at home in pathetic condition. So if car is on cng I don't think it would be that bad decision.

@Engr Asad, its not my intention to offend your point of view. My intention was to get an idea if anyone has an experience of doing it.

[quote=“adnan3986, post:10, topic:15421”]

It means charging of battery is no harm except fuel consumption but instead of charging the battery can it be connected directly to ups for supplying backup. Sometimes in scorching heat when there is a long breakdown prefer going out for a ride rather than staying at home in pathetic condition. So if car is on cng I don’t think it would be that bad decision.

@Engr Asad, its not my intention to offend your point of view. My intention was to get an idea if anyone has an experience of doing it.

[/quote]

So u have a Gasoline Vehicle probably equipped with a 40A alternator right?? Yes u can connect it to ur UPS directly via thick wires but keep minimum load on UPS < 300w + u need to open the throttle wide in order to achieve that rated amount of current so indirectly u have to burn more fuel as car alternator is not designed for this purpose, BIG Engine is driving a lil alternator, not economical

That exactly was the information I needed.thanks brother

Ok that is a new one. Either you are getting cheaper petrol or CNG is readily available to you. Buy a generator its easier