UPS battery etc

Is there any device which prevents the delay in UPS taking load ? Also which battery is best these days AGS ?

You mean to say a device which could reduce the switch over time from wapda to batteries? Or you are worried about time delay when you switch on the UPS? I am sorry I couldn't get it. You need to elaborate your question.

Regarding batteries, I shall again go for Exide batteries as I am using these for years. NS series of Exide batteries is better. NP requires more attention regarding maintenance. Now a days, N series is also available in markets and it is the worst quality battery in market. So, if you want to go for Exide, demand for NS or NP series battery.

No experience with AGS batteries.

Five years ago, I used to use OSAKA batteries with UPS. Back then, these were efficient and high quality. Do not know about current models if they are good or just scrap.

[quote=“blogger, post:2, topic:16417”]

You mean to say a device which could reduce the switch over time from wapda to batteries? Or you are worried about time delay when you switch on the UPS? I am sorry I couldn’t get it. You need to elaborate your question.

Regarding batteries, I shall again go for Exide batteries as I am using these for years. NS series of Exide batteries is better. NP requires more attention regarding maintenance. Now a days, N series is also available in markets and it is the worst quality battery in market. So, if you want to go for Exide, demand for NS or NP series battery.

No experience with AGS batteries.

Five years ago, I used to use OSAKA batteries with UPS. Back then, these were efficient and high quality. Do not know about current models if they are good or just scrap.

[/quote]

UPS tech told me there is some time delay between loadshedding and UPS switching to batteries. And to prevent this he will install some device which will cost another Rs. 2000.

Usually the UPS sense the low voltage and swtich immediately even if the there is a fluctuation. It maybe your UPS is of lower quality!

[quote=“yousaf465, post:3, topic:16417”]

UPS tech told me there is some time delay between loadshedding and UPS switching to batteries. And to prevent this he will install some device which will cost another Rs. 2000.

[/quote]

He will simply replace the older switch with new better quality switch which will reduce the switch over time.

Blogger you are wrong here, Yousaf do you want to run a computer on that UPS if yes then you have to change it otherwise not needed really. OH one more thing, what is your UPS brand? Local UPS or some other like Aurora, Homage or many kinds of these brands. Please tell me the situation and your needs I can guide you right I guess because I've wasted a lot of money in this stuff. And also I'm using Osaka or Volta brands "IT1000" and I'm getting very good result. Battery result depends on your UPS setting.

Please tell me your brand- if local then kit number or setting modes. 12/24 volt? what is your average load etc etc......

[quote=“nvd650, post:6, topic:16417”]

Blogger you are wrong here, Yousaf do you want to run a computer on that UPS if yes then you have to change it otherwise not needed really. OH one more thing, what is your UPS brand? Local UPS or some other like Aurora, Homage or many kinds of these brands. Please tell me the situation and your needs I can guide you right I guess because I’ve wasted a lot of money in this stuff. And also I’m using Osaka or Volta brands “IT1000” and I’m getting very good result. Battery result depends on your UPS setting.

Please tell me your brand- if local then kit number or setting modes. 12/24 volt? what is your average load etc etc…

[/quote]

He will replace the ‘‘relay’’ of UPS. It’s a change over switch. I mean, it is responsible for switching UPS over to batteries during power failure.

ACRelay.jpg

[quote=“nvd650, post:6, topic:16417”]

Blogger you are wrong here, Yousaf do you want to run a computer on that UPS if yes then you have to change it otherwise not needed really. OH one more thing, what is your UPS brand? Local UPS or some other like Aurora, Homage or many kinds of these brands. Please tell me the situation and your needs I can guide you right I guess because I’ve wasted a lot of money in this stuff. And also I’m using Osaka or Volta brands “IT1000” and I’m getting very good result. Battery result depends on your UPS setting.

Please tell me your brand- if local then kit number or setting modes. 12/24 volt? what is your average load etc etc…

[/quote]

It is custom made local UPS. How can I change it setting

[quote=“blogger, post:7, topic:16417”]

He will replace the ‘‘relay’’ of UPS. It’s a change over switch. I mean, it is responsible for switching UPS over to batteries during power failure.

ACRelay.jpg

[/quote]

OMG i confused it for a capacitor. , a relay can cost Rs 2000 in this country of ours. Isn’t this too much for a relay.

IS there any issues with installing 2 batteries on a 1000W UPS ? Also does lead acid has memory effect ? Should I pay Rs 2000 for Uninterrupted power supply.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:9, topic:16417”]

IS there any issues with installing 2 batteries on a 1000W UPS ? Also does lead acid has memory effect ? Should I pay Rs 2000 for Uninterrupted power supply.

[/quote]

A 1000 watts UPS needs 2 batteries. Shifting from wet batteries to dry and vice versa won’t help you in reducing the switch over time. Moreover, it is a stupidity to pay 2000 rupees for a relay. Desi UPS’ do not last long due to poor cooling system inside them. Their rectifiers often get burnt during summer.

What do you want to use on UPS? Can you afford new UPS? I may help you.

Look for line interactive UPS that has sine-wave waveform. Use wikipedia to familiarize yourself with UPS and their different varieties.

And remember, mehnga roway ek bar, sasta roway barr barr

[quote=“blogger, post:7, topic:16417”]

[/quote]

And who told you that only relay is responsible for this switching to prevent a computer restarting? Actually the best solution is to buy a new kit that is 1200-1500 pkr and if he is charging you extra 500- means yaar uss nay bhi tu ghar chalana hay k nahi? To If he is changing whole kit then go for it… only changing relay will not solve the problem as in 90% pre installed kits, there is no voltage variable…

[quote=“blogger, post:10, topic:16417”]

A 1000 watts UPS needs 2 batteries. Shifting from wet batteries to dry and vice versa won’t help you in reducing the switch over time. Moreover, it is a stupidity to pay 2000 rupees for a relay. Desi UPS’ do not last long due to poor cooling system inside them. Their rectifiers often get burnt during summer.

What do you want to use on UPS? Can you afford new UPS? I may help you.

[/quote]

Again you are giving strange statements? there is nothing like 1000 will only run on 2 batteries, you can run it on 4 batteries and even on one battery… basically it is volts that is calculated for number of batteries, is it 12 volt, 24 or 48 volts?

1000 watt UPS running on 12 volt will drain battery in lesser time as compared to 48 volt running on 4 batteries (assuming that capacity of one battery is 200 amph and of 4 batteries it is also 200 amph- 50 amph for each battery)

[quote=“yousaf465, post:9, topic:16417”]

[/quote]

Ask him if your UPS is 12 volt or 24 volt? and normally in Lahore market a kit named “Imran 72” is known as computer kit, it will cost you round about 1200-1500 rps and rest will be his earning (your ups-tec) and if your ups is on 24 volt, then ask him to set charge cut out at 27.5 max and low voltage cut at 19 volt min and voltage variable to 230-240 volts according to your average load on it.

[quote=“nvd650, post:14, topic:16417”]

Ask him if your UPS is 12 volt or 24 volt? and normally in Lahore market a kit named “Imran 72” is known as computer kit, it will cost you round about 1200-1500 rps and rest will be his earning (your ups-tec) and if your ups is on 24 volt, then ask him to set charge cut out at 27.5 max and low voltage cut at 19 volt min and voltage variable to 230-240 volts according to your average load on it.

[/quote]

Thanks. Do a need a voltage regulator with UPS or this kit also have all the components for running a pc safely ?

[quote=“nvd650, post:13, topic:16417”]

Again you are giving strange statements? there is nothing like 1000 will only run on 2 batteries, you can run it on 4 batteries and even on one battery… basically it is volts that is calculated for number of batteries, is it 12 volt, 24 or 48 volts?

1000 watt UPS running on 12 volt will drain battery in lesser time as compared to 48 volt running on 4 batteries (assuming that capacity of one battery is 200 amph and of 4 batteries it is also 200 amph- 50 amph for each battery)

[/quote]

What is the disadvantage of using multiple batteries ? (memory loss :) even though I did study physics. )

[quote=“yousaf465, post:15, topic:16417”]

Thanks. Do a need a voltage regulator with UPS or this kit also have all the components for running a pc safely ?

[/quote]

Normally it don’t need an extra stabiliser until your main supply is stable. But on battery mode there is no need of that. UPS will control it itself.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:16, topic:16417”]

What is the disadvantage of using multiple batteries ? (memory loss :) even though I did study physics. )

[/quote]

The only disadvantage is extra money… You have to purchase two batteries now. But it’s better to have 2x100 amph batteries rather than 1x200 amph battery. Means one battery for 12 volt, and two batteries for 24 volt. Now in above combination of 2 batteries of 100 amph will give you more backup time than 1 of 200 amph. I don’t know how physics define it exactly but practically it is proved + our batteries are normally 100 amph with /10A Means the capacity of battery also depends upon how much current are you taking from it. It’s strange science but it works :)

So final conclusion is to buy two batteries with low capacity rather than buying 1 with high capacity and having 24 volt UPS with computer kit.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:15, topic:16417”]

[/quote]

A kit can have everything on it. If that technician told you he will replace the kit, then ask him to install digital kit imported from China. This digital kit is indeed of Rs 1500. Kit requires to be configured properly to make it able cut the supply off when voltage of batteries are too low to be exceptable. Imported UPS has built in AVR system so, these UPS automatically regulates the voltage when battery starts getting weakened. Just giving you one exapmle of HOMAGE UPS. 1000 VA model runs with one battery and its system is designed to work with 10 volts - 12.5 volts. When voltage of batteries drop below than 10 volts, it automatically shuts down itself. Now, the problem is, some inverters and UPS’ restart the desktop computers because they have switch over time longer than 20 ms. (20 ms is the maximum threshold for an ordinary desktop computer). Even HOMAGE UPS resarts the PC because it has poor relay.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:16, topic:16417”]

[/quote]

Standard UPS has some standards. 600 watts standard UPS/Inverter runs with one battery only. 1200 Watts UPS with 2 batteries. 3000-4500 watts UPS with 4 batteries etc. But this is not the standard physics. You can design your own UPS according to your own needs. I mean, you can wire a transformer for 500 watts which needs 48 volts (4 batteries) to step up to 220 volts.

You can connect more batteries to a UPS which is designed for one battery. For this purpose, buy new battery of same capacity, same model and same company, and connect it in parallel to the input. Never ever connect it in series, which will add up the voltage and burn your UPS. Connecting two batteries in parallel shall increase the back up time.

[quote=“blogger, post:18, topic:16417”]

Even HOMAGE UPS resarts the PC because it has poor relay.

Standard UPS has some standards. 600 watts standard UPS/Inverter runs with one battery only. 1200 Watts UPS with 2 batteries. 3000-4500 watts UPS with 4 batteries etc. But this is not the standard physics. You can design your own UPS according to your own needs. I mean, you can wire a transformer for 500 watts which needs 48 volts (4 batteries) to step up to 220 volts.

You can connect more batteries to a UPS which is designed for one battery. For this purpose, buy new battery of same capacity, same model and same company, and connect it in parallel to the input. Never ever connect it in series, which will add up the voltage and burn your UPS. Connecting two batteries in parallel shall increase the back up time.

[/quote]

If you are facing this problem, then I’m with a solution that I faced this month and solved few days back :) I’ve purchased new Homage 2000VA model and I was running two computer on that UPS. The one had restarting problem while other not. The one that was not restarting has a PSU ASUS 550 Watt (5800-6000 rps) and other had xpert power supply came with casing (800-1200 rps). I replaced the xpert power supply with Thermal Master (made by Cooler Master) 420 watt and the problem is solved now. Homage is not restarting that computer. If you have any heavy computer, like in case of any gaming card or so on. You can replace it with Cooler Master 460 Watt or higher as needed.

And 2ndly don’t confuse him with parallel or series- you know ;)

BTW do you know any battery in market with rating of 20A or 40A as normally are 10A?

[quote=“nvd650, post:19, topic:16417”]

If you are facing this problem, then I’m with a solution that I faced this month and solved few days back :) I’ve purchased new Homage 2000VA model and I was running two computer on that UPS. The one had restarting problem while other not. The one that was not restarting has a PSU ASUS 550 Watt (5800-6000 rps) and other had xpert power supply came with casing (800-1200 rps). I replaced the xpert power supply with Thermal Master (made by Cooler Master) 420 watt and the problem is solved now. Homage is not restarting that computer. If you have any heavy computer, like in case of any gaming card or so on. You can replace it with Cooler Master 460 Watt or higher as needed.

And 2ndly don’t confuse him with parallel or series- you know ;)

BTW do you know any battery in market with rating of 20A or 40A as normally are 10A?

[/quote]

First of all, in this whole thread, you have tried to prove that I am a complete jerk and at the end, you are expecting that I shall answer your question? Sorry, I won’t.

Second of all, I have been using HOMAGE UPS since 2008. Before then, I used to use desi UPS and repairs costed me 3 times more than the actual price of UPS. Currently, I have two HOMAGE UPS, one is 1000 VA (600 watts) Vision model and the other one is 2000 VA (1320 Watts) Matrix model. Both restarts all my desktop PCs. And for your information, I am also using power supply made by Thermal Master (certified by Cooler Master). To overcome this problem, recently, I have bought CyberPower Inverter and it is perfect for desktop computers.

Third of all, he will not confuse if you do not interfere in my posts. I can explain him how parallel and series circuits work.