UPS Battery electrolyte

Hi there, here is my setup

Desi UPS 700W (Lahore Electronics kit)
Phoenix 165AH battery(1 year old)
Charging current set to ~20Amps (Tested by UPS guy last year at installation May 2012)
Voltage in our area: 170-180V (extreme summers) 190-200v (now a days)
SG of battery: 12.20~
Load: 1 fan, 2 energy savers

In first season it gave me backup for up to 9+ hours continuous (tested) but now a days it has been reduced to 3~ hours. Battery voltage 3-4 hours after full charge is 12.2 - 12.3 V. As voltage in our area is low so I have to always keep charging to max amps (that is connected to first transformer wire after 0v wire). If I reduce the charging amps, battery never gets full due to low voltage. Now my question is CAN I use Pyro ELECTROLYTE to top up my batter whenever water level decreases?? Currently I am using Phoenix de-ionized battery water for it.

Please address both my questions, I don't wanna flush it now due to shortage of space and time..

Cheers!

[quote=“nasirjavaid, post:, topic:”]

Hi there, here is my setup

Desi UPS 700W (Lahore Electronics kit)

Phoenix 165AH battery(1 year old)

Charging current set to ~20Amps (Tested by UPS guy last year at installation May 2012)

Voltage in our area: 170-180V (extreme summers) 190-200v (now a days)

SG of battery: 12.20~

Load: 1 fan, 2 energy savers

In first season it gave me backup for up to 9+ hours continuous (tested) but now a days it has been reduced to 3~ hours. Battery voltage 3-4 hours after full charge is 12.2 - 12.3 V. As voltage in our area is low so I have to always keep charging to max amps (that is connected to first transformer wire after 0v wire). If I reduce the charging amps, battery never gets full due to low voltage. Now my question is CAN I use Pyro ELECTROLYTE to top up my batter whenever water level decreases?? Currently I am using Phoenix de-ionized battery water for it.

Please address both my questions, I don't wanna flush it now due to shortage of space and time..

Cheers!

[/quote]

39 views and still no answer..... huh!!!!

96 views and still no answer..... huh!!!!

sometimes feeds dont show up, or people in hurry often might not notice the threads..you should use PM in such cases

your problem lies with you NOT using a stabilizer with your ups.. you need to hook it up with a stabilzer so that your voltages become 220, your ups charges at full 20 amps, and all your further connected appliances also work at 220 v, otherwise they may get damaged

yes you can use any deionized water to refill your batteries.. AGS and Exide also sell litre bottles for 60-80rs per litre. or you can just boil and cool water and then refill it.

Correct me if I am wrong, water from air conditioner is also a good source

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

@farhan thanks for your reply. My AC and fridge are also running on 180 volts... I am planning to buy stabilizer soon.

@gttx you have been corrected.... AC drain water is not good for batteries either... de-ionized is fine.

[quote=“gttx, post:5, topic:20022”]

Correct me if I am wrong, water from air conditioner is also a good source

[/quote]

1327253672_no-meme.jpg

Thanks guys

@farhan_ds

How can we trust so called packaged water by ags or exide? they dont even have sealed lids.

I used to use Pyro deionized water. Recently, i peeked into the bottle and i could see particles floating near the bottom.

buy from the exide retailers then.. .i once bought the pyro bottle... pyro water was almost like cum mixed with spit.. i never used bottled water for over 2 years after that

earlier this year, i bought an exide 1 litre.. it was very clear water. and clear package s you culd see the water in it. bought from exide distributor.. a few shops had the same bottle as well.. and it was sealed.

or you can just boil and cool water and then refill it.

Do you mean boil water, collect steam and cool it down to get water?

Do you know where can I get distilled water stills in Lhr?

Someone suggested using the frost deposited on the walls of deep freezer. Does that work?

simple tap water does no harm.. all you need to do is to boil it, to deoxidize it a little.. then cool it.. and simply filter it to remove major particles...

the problem is, that with a good ups you should only need to top up a little after a few months, not every week.. if your battery is luke warm and hotter, or boiling or water level decreasing every week, either your battery cells is dead or weak, or ups is over charging..

This is what I have. And the level comes down every 10 to 15 days by almost an inch.

Purchased in 2012 july

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

How much will the pair sell for ? And wat should I get. Apc 1kva

with APC battery water rarely goes down a milimeter or so in 2-3 months.. sometimes in 5-6 months.. especially with smaller 1500VA model its even more unlikely as it has much lower charging amps than 2200VA.

your batteries must be faulty, they dont seem so, cz by looks hey are fine.. however could be a dead cell or some other problem.

a 130Ah battery sells between 1700-2000 rs each.

Get AGS...

PS: your power out wires are very poor... atleast get pure copper based 40-76 wire or higher.. should be copper, not silver for long life and durability of wires and equiment safety.. dont use joints..

Yes u r right. I need to get this ups fixed. Probably will go to raheel.

This model doesnt even have a fan :)

These short silver wires came with the ups so I didnt improvise those. Need to get the apc original battery connectors cable for a cleaner install.

Will raheel give me a 1500va in excahnge with a bit of dufference on top :)

Dont know about his trade system.. usually he doesnot deal with replacements and buyouts..you can ask him though.

the ups wires are always small,,. but this one doesnot even have a connector, probably cz 1000va is a very old model and small.. many times it comes with open wires,... wires length are increased with proper thimble connectors with secure tight joints.. although wire length doesnot matter since you have placed ups and batteries close, which is good.

your main problem seem to be the batteries... apc 1000VA is only 700W with very low charging rate so batteries canot be ever overcharged, especially in loadshedding.. even 1500VA is very high in precision charging..so there are no risks there.

Water level is already at low in pics.

Hmmm I have a 1500va xl unit in pindi might bring that in. Our arty least get this one with fan install and wires stuff

I guess that pyro water is bad like you said in another thread.

I have good result using nestle pure life :) in my last pair. They also died after 1.5 yrs those were volta as well.

These on other hand have lasted almost 2 yrs

Can the charging rate be improved on this unit

^ not any further.