UPS and UPS batteries

I have never used a UPS so I have a few questions regarding them. My main requirement is running my PC (around 400W and a fan) for about 2 hours.

I went to this desi UPS shop and after telling him my load of 500W he recommended the 1000W UPS for me, I bought it on his word and now thinking of buying the batteries, as I am no expert in this I have to ask here.

1. Is it ok to buy a 1000W UPS for a 500W load?

2. What batteries do I need? The guy told me to get a 200amp battery, but after reading the forums I read that the rule of thumb is to have 140amp batteries with a 1000W UPS? Can't I get the 200amp battery? How much backup should I expect with the 140amp vs the 200amp battery.

3. Which brand to go for, wet battery?

Thanks

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I went to this desi UPS shop and after telling him my load of 500W he recommended the 1000W UPS for me, I bought it on his word and now thinking of buying the batteries, as I am no expert in this I have to ask here.

1. Is it ok to buy a 1000W UPS for a 500W load?

2. What batteries do I need? The guy told me to get a 200amp battery, but after reading the forums I read that the rule of thumb is to have 140amp batteries with a 1000W UPS? Can’t I get the 200amp battery? How much backup should I expect with the 140amp vs the 200amp battery.

3. Which brand to go for, wet battery?

Thanks

[/quote]

1. Yes it’s good because a 500W desi may trup sooner with such load.

2. I am using two 195ampere AGS wet batteries with my 1KV desi UPS from last one and a half year and it’s working good. So go for it.

3. AGS is a good one in wet batteries.

Anyways a thread exists on this topic:

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=157286#p157286

MAy be it could help you.

you should consider buying dry batteries, they are considerably more expensive but they are maintenance free and dont emit any harmful gasses.

Price of dry batteries Amp range between 140-200 Helpppppp me

Brand, Price, and Ampere.

dry batteries are usually double the price of wet batteries

Dear You should purchased an imported ups for your pc and fans, local uos often damage the batteries in very short time and retstart the your pc on power failure.

your fan will give unwanted voice on running battery mode.

for further please contact me

imran

0300-6401612

technical expert

U should go for Volta or AGS manufacturers of batteries becauce these are long lasting.

volta sucks completely, i have used it.

if you are looking for good batteries i suggest use to use bosch. long lasting but little expensive compared to rest.