Ups and battery requirement

Hello everybody,

my friend wants to install a ups and battery. his usage/load is as follows

1 x Lahori cooler

1 x ceiling fan

1 x tube light

3 x energy saver (25W each).

it become almost 700watts. in which he will continuously be using 500watts.

loadshedding schedule is one hour on and one hour off at daytime and no load shedding at night.

I suggested him a 12v 1200Watt local made ups (Rs. 12000) and 200ah AGS battery (Rs. 18000). his budget is around 25K to 30K.

Please suggest am i right or need to change anything

thanks

always go for a 24V ups..and a quality UPS.. you can change batteries every year but you canot change ups every year.. 24V has much faster charging and superior circuitary than 12V.. also less damage to fan dimmers..

2x 165AH AGS will be much better than a single 200AH battery..

ur buget is limited, other for a few more thousand, you could get an APC 1500SUI which would be the best ups in that range, but only if no loadshedding at night.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:2, topic:21251”]

always go for a 24V ups..and a quality UPS.. you can change batteries every year but you canot change ups every year.. 24V has much faster charging and superior circuitary than 12V.. also less damage to fan dimmers..

2x 165AH AGS will be much better than a single 200AH battery..

ur buget is limited, other for a few more thousand, you could get an APC 1500SUI which would be the best ups in that range, but only if no loadshedding at night.

[/quote]

thanks very much for valueable info.

his budget is very limited.

do you also suggest 2 x 165AH battery (in parallel) for 12v desi ups. btw whats price of 165ah.

if he agrees for apc ups which u mentioned, what will be the price of it. any idea.

thanks

i think u must buy Pure Sine Wave UPS Delux..iam using working perefct..

PURE SINE WAVE UPS Delux with 1 year Full time complete warranty year Warranty.....

Technical Features:

• Pure Sine Wave. (No Noise In Fans)
  • Line Interactive.
  • Built In Stabilizer Relay Control (160V ~260V)
  • 10/20Amp Adjustable Charging Current
  • LED Intelligent Display.(I/P Voltage, O/P Voltage,
  • Load Status, Battery Status etc)
  • AC Under Volt, Over Volt, Over Charge, Low Battery, Over Load Protection.
  • One Year Complete warranty.

Available in:

Delux 1KVA / 700W / 12V = 15500.

Delux 2KVA / 1400W / 24V =26000.

Delux 3KVA / 1800W / 24V =36000

Delux 5KVA / 3000W / 48V =also available.

Shahid Mehmood.

SES (Shahid Electronics And Services)

19-B, JS Bank Basement,

Ahmed Centre,

I-8 Markaz,Islamabad.

I bought ups from this person..via tcs

[quote=“khuram89, post:3, topic:21251”]

do you also suggest 2 x 165AH battery (in parallel) for 12v desi ups. btw whats price of 165ah.

if he agrees for apc ups which u mentioned, what will be the price of it. any idea.

thanks

[/quote]

not sure about either battery or ups price.. as price keep changing every day due to inc demand and shortage..

always prefer AGS batteries.. i think 165 should be around 14K.. not sure check market

for APC 1500, contact 0300-8445160... price may be bit high from market, but there is proper quality and TESTED ups, and all accessories kit provided, ... give reference of farhan when buying to get discount.. its 980W, with around 10-12 A charging rate and built in stabilizer and ACTUAL pure sine wave.. not just print on random box. price may be around 16-18k ..again depending on availability.

12V ups have very limited charging capabilty, always prefer a 24V ups.. 24V have proper sine wave..12V wont be able to handle such large single battery and definitly not 2x 165AH batteries.. it will keep on charging nonstop, over heat and may cause damage to transformer and kit.. 24V has double charging, 10A to both batteries, so both charge together and give double backup, and 24V can handle 2 batteries of such size with ease and give very long backup on such heavy load.. if you go for smalller 12V ups and big batteries it will burn under such constant load of 700W continuous and also the burden of charging batteries..

12V and pure sine wave is simiply ridiculous, fans can't making noise doesn't shows its wave form! These delux and etc etc Invertors are all chinese made ups! Either I prefer a desi made ups over these delux type invertors if you've a limited budget! APC 15OOSUI is easily avlbl in 13000 from all over the Pakistan, These all UPS are tested and works good, those says that their APC is of superior quality from others is a lame joke to loot your hard earned money!! Batteries prices flactuate day to day, so better check from market and always buy from company recommended dealer. Regards

Long Live Pakistan

Rs3000-4000 for just checking and testing is simply ridiculous

[quote=“khuram89, post:3, topic:21251”]

thanks

[/quote]

maintaining Parallel batteries is hell of a problem, if you need 330AH batteries, go for a 24V or 48V system.

thanks everyone.

he hasn't decided yet what to do. confused

buy a 24V UPS, it can be a Desi 24V UPS (if budget is a problem) along with 2 good quality Batteries.

To prolong the battery life rules are simple, don't discharge them beyond 50%, keep their water levels within limits.

^ best solution on buget/..!

You can get AGS for ~ Rs 11K. with remaining money and slightly increasing your budget you can buy a Good 24V UPS.

always fo for biggest capacity battery.

one time expense.

[quote=“yousaf465, post:8, topic:21251”]

maintaining Parallel batteries is hell of a problem, if you need 330AH batteries, go for a 24V or 48V system.

[/quote]

why its hell of problem , plz guide.

[quote=“khuram89, post:14, topic:21251”]

why its hell of problem , plz guide.

[/quote]

• Short life time
  • excessive heat
  • Inefficient
  • Fire hazard
  • Spending a lot of time on Battery balancing

PS. Difficult to wire properly, cables should of equal size or something like that.

^ Cable length is not an issue..

however to add to the above problems.

• the ups has to constantly be on charging because of charging beyond its limits.. transformers and Mosfets heats up and burn out a lot..
  • ups may also not be able to reach float charge since the 2 batteries have different state of charge.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:16, topic:21251”]

^ Cable length is not an issue..

however to add to the above problems.

• the ups has to constantly be on charging because of charging beyond its limits.. transformers and Mosfets heats up and burn out a lot..
  • ups may also not be able to reach float charge since the 2 batteries have different state of charge.

[/quote]

http://www.smartgauge.co.uk/batt_con.html Method 1 why cable length matter.