Uploadin A new Website

ok i have never uploaded a web site and i would not say tht i m very gud with html or any thin.... but my mum recently started an NGO and the donor agency wants her to creat a web site......

so obvoiusly now its my job to that.......

i want to know how to and by usin which services and software should i be able to do that......

ppl like KO, ewolf, ruhaan and etc.. please coment......

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

ok i have never uploaded a web site and i would not say tht i m very gud with html or any thin… but my mum recently started an NGO and the donor agency wants her to creat a web site…

so obvoiusly now its my job to that…

i want to know how to and by usin which services and software should i be able to do that…

ppl like KO, ewolf, ruhaan and etc… please coment…

[/quote]

ok if u want a basic blog u can use word press or a content management system like joomla or mambo

there is nothin to them u just upload their files ur website and make sure that ur hostin service meets the requirments

i dont think you would require a blog for this

and designing a proper wbesite can be very hard for you

and designing a proper wbesite can be very hard for you
[/quote]

i know the basics i have used many older softwares like dreamwaver and of course the stupid ms frontpage… plus i am a fast learner =D jus try me…

dude any thin with a URL and and sum pages of info would work

i know the basics i have used many older softwares like dreamwaver and of course the stupid ms frontpage… plus i am a fast learner =D jus try me…

[/quote]

ahh thats great! i thought you wont be able to do that coz you wrote "ok i have never uploaded a web site and i would not say tht i m very gud with html or any thin"

anyways dreamweaver and frontpage are too old now and i donts know what in these days!

and of course you cant create a crap looking site so you should have some good knowledge about whatever software you use

I advise you to not try and make one yourself because, well, you've said yourself you don't have the experience. The site is important for the organization your mom has started and you really don't want to mess it up with having to learn HTML and CSS along the way - that's just an added headache that I don't think you need to tackle right now. Plus you'll want to do this quickly and have an easy way to manage and update the site.

Try Google Sites or if you want a blog Wordpress (the hosted solution at wordpress.com, not the DIY). I recommend Google Sites.

If you're interested, and you no doubt are, you can move on from services like these to your own site with the experience and a bit more know-how.

Stay away from Frontpage! :)

ok i get the point abt site lookin gud but the i think a decent not over done and simple site would be alright. i went on your recommended sites and have decided to go with google sites. i m not worried abt my experience cuz i can count on you guyz righ :rolleyes: ...... WP and its users ROCK

Glad to help! We'd love to take a look when its done too, I'm sure. :)

BTW, if you want to get into all this stuff for yourself here are a few: htmldog.com, webmonkey.com, and w3schools.com

They'll be a nice complementary source for reference if you should ever need it.

But I think Google Sites has you covered pretty nicely!

EDIT: fixed links

Try Joomla.org

Its a pretty basic CMS, can suit any style be it Blog or info content.

Make it done by us..

contact me and i will help you out!

we are offering Professional Services but for a good cause like NGO we will do it for free

Make it done by us…

contact me and i will help you out!

we are offering Professional Services but for a good cause like NGO we will do it for free

[/quote]

ohhh thanx yaar

ill tell my mom!! she said she would be giving me sum information to put up on the website whn ill get surely ill contact you… but i think ill try google sites myself first…