Upgrade Issues/Not Upgraded Yet

If you have not been upgraded yet, please share it here.

Many have been upgraded, for those few who are left should try to post in one specific thread.

Some points to share can be:

- Your City (and exchange/area; if possible)

- Your Medium (Copper/ONU)

- Your package (e.g. 512kbps -> 1mbps, 1mbps -> 2mbps, 2mbps -> 4mbps)

- Your experience with 1218 and 1236

- Your experience with Exchange Staff

- Your experience on Email

- Your experience with PTA

- Have you been given any expected date of upgrade?

- If you plan to do anything else than patience, what is that?

For those who complained ALOT, raised a big hue & cry and got upgraded:

Please, please, share; what special you did that they listened to YOU!

Do you know of any insider who can help with upgrade issues? If yes, then can you email the details to one who want to contact that insider!

(Warning: Do not post the insider's full details on thread, moderators will delete them. You can post the name, or email to the person who requires it).

Previous Upgrade Experiences:

If you remember, upgrades happened on PTCL at an earlier time too. How long it went at that time?

Last but not least, Please don't put up the patience theory now. :D

Starting with me

- Your City (and exchange/area; if possible)

Karachi, Malir (Near Airport)

- Your Medium (Copper/ONU)

ONU

- Your package (e.g. 512kbps -> 1mbps, 1mbps -> 2mbps, 2mbps -> 4mbps)

1mbps -> 2mbps

- Your experience with 1218 and 1236

1218 said, we don't entertain this. Call 1236. They never assign complain number, even when I insist. CSR said wait till 10th April. All will be upgraded on this date.

- Your experience with Exchange Staff

Don't have so much time, and I expect nothing from my exchange; but my friend visited thrice. They keep on saying 1-2 days.

By the way, whole copper system in my exchange has been upgraded (the first upgrade on Copper happened 2 weeks before 23rd March). And ONU's first upgrade was near 1st April. My friend on ONU, 1mbps->2mbps is waiting too.

- Your experience on Email/PTA

No reply as of yet (not expected). But, thanks to mian abid's motivation, I did email them and PTA!

- Have you been given any expected date of upgrade?

10th April

- If you plan to do anything else than patience, what is that?

Trying to find some insider, Learning how to maintain more patience and maybe downgrading :D

I am a MBL user and cannot got upgradation due to PTCL. Whenever i call MBL they told me that PTCL is not taking serious interest to resolve this problem. Mine exchange is only left for upgradation. That is Fazaia Exchange and i also get low d/l speeds at night.

Finally, upgraded.

Thanks to Mian Abid for his support.

I just called MBL and they're saying that PTCL gave us three weeks to go on for upgradation. Let see what they will do.

How is MBL's upgradation related to PTCL? :S

Maybe the stuff in exchange?

im from lahore..still not upgraded to 1m...they I called them a couple of days ago and they said it will take two days. Owais you emailed to pta??...can you please pm me their email addresses and what you wrote to them?

Peshawar. Many many complaints so far. Still no upgrade (Im being charged a whole 1.5k RS extra :@)

- Your City (and exchange/area; if possible) Rawalpindi - Adyala Exchange

- Your Medium (Copper/ONU) Copper

- Your package (e.g. 512kbps -> 1mbps, 1mbps -> 2mbps, 2mbps -> 4mbps) 1mbps -> 2mbps

- Your experience with 1218 and 1236 Very poor. (1236 would give me a complaint number and tell me that it will be sorted out in 3 days but then nothing happens. 1218 wouldnt give me a complaint number even when i requested and said it will be sorted out in 3 days but nothing happened. Both of them say that my package is showing as 2mbps at their end but I am only getting 1mb at my end.)

- Your experience with Exchange Staff (havent called them yet)

- Your experience on Email (no reply)

- Your experience with PTA (havent contacted them yet)

- Have you been given any expected date of upgrade? (3days on every single call.)

- If you plan to do anything else than patience, what is that? (still trying to find someone to help me with this issue)

@ Joker: MBL people are saying that PTCL is not providing them media where they can provide more bandwidth and i think that's why i am getting low speeds at night time (peak time). But the PTCL Dsl is running on 1Mb on my exchange and that's why i have doubt that why are they not upgrading. :(

I am thinking to register a complaint to PTA but to against whom i should write complaint? MBL or PTCL ? Because MBL one is saying that we're ready but PTCL is not giving us media and not cooperating.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

- Your City (and exchange/area; if possible) Rawalpindi - Adyala Exchange

- Your Medium (Copper/ONU) Copper

- Your package (e.g. 512kbps -> 1mbps, 1mbps -> 2mbps, 2mbps -> 4mbps) 1mbps -> 2mbps

- Your experience with 1218 and 1236 Very poor. (1236 would give me a complaint number and tell me that it will be sorted out in 3 days but then nothing happens. 1218 wouldnt give me a complaint number even when i requested and said it will be sorted out in 3 days but nothing happened. Both of them say that my package is showing as 2mbps at their end but I am only getting 1mb at my end.)

- Your experience with Exchange Staff (havent called them yet)

- Your experience on Email (no reply)

- Your experience with PTA (havent contacted them yet)

- Have you been given any expected date of upgrade? (3days on every single call.)

- If you plan to do anything else than patience, what is that? (still trying to find someone to help me with this issue)

[/quote]

^ ditto

same Adyala exchange, … same 1mbps->2mbps issue. They say i’m listed as 2mbps user , but i’m not. complained 2 times on 1218 in last 5 days. nothing so far. I even got an odd complaint_number … “003” , lol.

meh @ ptcl n00bs

if not upgraded den try mailin to bbsupportlhr@ptcl.net.pk (for lahoriz) i complaind a week ago ov same issue...n d guy told me to send mail to above id wid a latest speedtest.net screenshot ov current speed n phne numb...i hope diz rsolves ur issue asswell!

yes i will like to share that i havent been upgrade yet

my area askari 10 lahore,near new airport

onu

512->1mb

the ptcl staff has bugged me a lot cuz they LIE FLAT ON MY FACE saying we have upgraded your connection at first i thought i have a prob but now everything is good at my end bcuz the modem says up/down 508/509

anyways i have been waiting and waiting nothing else

and i also registerd complaint at the ptcl website no reply yet

yes i will like to share that i havent been upgrade yet

my area askari 10 lahore,near new airport

onu

512->1mb

the ptcl staff has bugged me a lot cuz they LIE FLAT ON MY FACE saying we have upgraded your connection at first i thought i have a prob but now everything is good at my end bcuz the modem says up/down 508/509

anyways i have been waiting and waiting nothing else

and i also registerd complaint at the ptcl website no reply yet

[/quote]

The 1236 people say this to everyone that we have been upgraded…liars!

^ I have been busy in other stuff. Sorry for those who emailed and I couldn't answer.

I will reply them ASAP.

Complaining on PTA

Preferred way is that you register a complaint here:

http://www.pta.gov.pk/index.php?option=com_complaint&Itemid=202

For those of you who still prefer an email, here is the list:

http://www.pta.gov.pk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=363&Itemid=28

(Another address, not mentioned on this web page is complaint@pta.gov.pk.)

Please don't email everyone on that page in the first attempt. Go sequentially, first register a complaint on the webpage.

If you don't receive a reply in a day, go on complaint@pta.gov.pk.. after that you might CC it to enforcement and chairmanoffice.

I have personally received a complaint number from PTA in January (my new ONU number wasn't activated; but anyways, I bribed the exchange staff and then my new connection was activated).

But, now-a-days, they didn't reply to my complaint regarding upgrade and Worldcall. However, MIAN ABID (on this forum) has been assigned with a complaint number and when they assign you a complaint number they send that email to PTCL too.

The reply thing has basically more to do with your luck!

^ ditto

same Adyala exchange, … same 1mbps->2mbps issue. They say i’m listed as 2mbps user , but i’m not. complained 2 times on 1218 in last 5 days. nothing so far. I even got an odd complaint_number … “003” , lol.

meh @ ptcl n00bs

[/quote]

Hi AbbasJin,

I called 1218 yesterday and now they are saying that our exchange will upgrade it by 20th April. Again they never gave me a complaint number saying that they don’t do that. Have you had any luck? Where in Adyala are you?

Hey Aisha78,

CONFIRMING , i just got upgraded to 2mpbs :D,

i live around GulshanAbad, just got upgraded 5 mins ago, 14apr2k9 , 5:10pm

Hey Aisha78,

CONFIRMING , i just got upgraded to 2mpbs :D,

i live around GulshanAbad, just got upgraded 5 mins ago, 14apr2k9 , 5:10pm

[/quote]

First of all congrats to you for finally getting the upgrade. I am in GulshanAbad too and no upgrade for me yet. Can you tell me if you are on 557 exchange or 594 one? I am not sure if both of these are handled by two different exchanges or not.

First of all congrats to you for finally getting the upgrade. I am in GulshanAbad too and no upgrade for me yet. Can you tell me if you are on 557 exchange or 594 one? I am not sure if both of these are handled by two different exchanges or not.

[/quote]

first of all, thanks :P

2ndly, well i’m too from your colony :P

on 557.

What’ll u be needing 2mbps for, anyway? :D

afaik, not many girls are fans of huge downloads like torrents etc …